Review Round 4: Giants vs Doggies star trek stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor WHE! Kid cannot get a break. AFL is a cruel cruel sport for some.

Mumford obviously a massive out; most important player on our list. Especially going up against Minson. Giles has tried valiantly but it takes an experienced mature body to take on and beat one of the best.

Think the heavy ground took the run out of our younger legs. No excuse in that, it happens.

Happy with the effort and the hunger and desire. Were losing games by 20 points that we were losing by 80+ 2 years ago and 40+ last year. Progress is a long road, and it takes small steps and small leaps.

Great performance by dogs! Patton and Curtley are really finding their elite level for us.

Tomlinson was in the reserves for a reason, I hope he is traded. I am not angry at him, I am angry with the team selectors.

Tom Bugg can GTFO back to the reserves, he hasn't brought anything this year and slaps people.

Sumner is s**t and should never have been selected. We would have won if we just brought in Zac Williams.

Coaches ****ed up this week.

Jeepers mate! Harsh in Tomlinson.

Hard to expect a kid to step in at late notice and dominate, having come from thst reserves level which is a massive drop down.

He's no JC but not many are. Can't judge players after 1 game.

Slipped on sand...under pressure....ground greasy...dont wanna hear it as it happens to often
You kidding me? Do you know how ******* hard it is to play on sand? It can wreck your knees.

Tomlinson was in the reserves for a reason, I hope he is traded. I am not angry at him, I am angry with the team selectors.

Tom Bugg can GTFO back to the reserves, he hasn't brought anything this year and slaps people.

Sumner is s**t and should never have been selected. We would have won if we just brought in Zac Williams.

Coaches ****** up this week.
Disagree with most of this. Didnt think tomlinson was to bad.
Buggs 50 was soft but you could find 50 of those in any game.. the umps were ordinary but equally so...we notice our crap decision more.
Sumner was average but to say Wiliams would have made a winning difference is a bit over the top IMO

You kidding me? Do you know how ******* hard it is to play on sand? It can wreck your knees.
No not kidding..Yes I do know how ******hard it is to play on sand. His disposal is still crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a chance to handball to open player, hesitated, slipped, turnover, goal, end of game. Thats how the ****its about his disposal. end of conversation.

Disagree with most of this. Didnt think tomlinson was to bad.
Buggs 50 was soft but you could find 50 of those in any game.. the umps were ordinary but equally so...we notice our crap decision more.
Sumner was average but to say Wiliams would have made a winning difference is a bit over the top IMO
Tomlinson didn't show anything today and was beaten to the ball all night, he also hasn't shown much in the reserves either.
Bugg is not adding anything to the side this year.
Sumner playing basically meant we were playing 1 man short on the field, no presence and cannot hold on to a football. So yes Williams was an absolute 100% better choice for a zippy player up forward.

I very much doubt minor knee surgery will be 1-2 weeks
Yeah knee surgery sounds bad but if it was just to drain fluid or remove a bit of floating debris 1/2 would be about right would be right.

Had our chances, umpiring didn't help but we didn't really deserve it to be honest. Not that deserved the final margin either, but when Cameron misses an open goal from the top of the square....

Greene MUST be dropped. Yeah he kicked a goal but my god. Get him the blue and white striped apron and a sharp knife.

Tomlinson looked a bit lumbering today, was much better last year. Not sure he took hold of his opportunity like his career depended on it. I was unconvinced by him first year - much happier with him last year, willing to eat my words. This game..... not so much.

I think Curtly is losing the WTF tag. Handing it over to Toby.

Still we were without Davis, Mumford, Mohr, Smith, Whitfield, Palmer, Sheil so it was a pretty good effort in the Ned. But definitely one that got away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back