Game Day Round 4: Port Adelaide v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from dawn service and Auskick. Will I stay awake for the game? Will Hawthorn successfully storm the Portress? Everything game related in here please.

I missed most of the other pregame thread, with Gray and Wines out that must make our job a whole lot easier, do Port have any other big outs?
Who is their biggest danger player to us now?

Just got back from dawn service and Auskick. Will I stay awake for the game? Will Hawthorn successfully storm the Portress? Everything game related in here please.
Had my first Auskick experience this morning. Told my son that he HAS to listen to the coach more. I then reiterated the point by asking "what happens when they don't listen to Clarko?" - there was a deathly silence.

I think if both teams play to their potential Hawthorn should win comfortably. But potentially Wantfrees could turn the match in a Bartel Diving, Selwood Ducking manouver that bamboozled the umpire into changing the outcome of the match in favour of whoever has the best actors.

On paper we've got them, we might need to weather an early storm but I'm hoping after the game they had last week they will be a bit sore and tired and we won't end up with a fourth quarter like the prelim

Would love to see us smash them like Sydney did a couple of weeks ago (but actually also score over 100 points) but mostly I want the 4 pts and no injuries or suspensions

I missed most of the other pregame thread, with Gray and Wines out that must make our job a whole lot easier, do Port have any other big outs?

Lobbe, easily....After having missed the first 3 games he will be Refreshed & Cherry Ripe to go....We will need a big one from Big Boy to curb his influence by crashing into him, followed by Cegs jumping over him!....He has dominated against us previously/recently & needs to be negated.

Polec and White both participated in minimal training, with the former having to be on crutches early in the week. If they do play, they're not going to be 100 percent whih could actually work in our favour.

While they have multiple danger players, without Wines and Gray Travis Boak quickly becomes Port's most important midfielder. If we get him out of the game, they'll have practically no contested ball winning 'grunt' players to hand it off to their runners. Get Boak out of the game and Hodge/Lewis/Mitchell/Burgoyne will have an extremely large impact.

Make no mistake, if the ball gets into their forwardline Port are extremely dangerous. But if we shut down Boak, we have a large advantage at the contests and should limit their forward fifty entries.

Just on the percentage debate that was going on in the preview thread... I will be happy if we just get the four points today (and no injuries). Beating Port at home is no mean feat even if they do have some big outs. Plenty of opportunities to boost our percentage in other matches where we are playing easybeats.

GO HAWKS!!!

This should be a ripping game. We nearly nailed them last year with some significant outs; we're taking a better side tonight, but... they're good.

Just win. Don't care if it's scrappy or close. Just win (and get through unscathed).

Hopefully Rough continues from last week, Gunston kicks 3-4 and Bruest finds form (even in Round 2 he wasn't at his best).

Break even in the middle and I think we should have enough firepower to get the win. Get on top in the middle and we will win comfortably.

No room for complacency however. Even with Gray and Wines out we need our intensity and execution to be spot on from the start. Giving them a sniff at home is not a good idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't know our "outs" yet.

Port's game day thread is all about how apparently we've got a grudge against them, and we're sooks, and snitches and all other forms of insecurity based insults. Weird bunch those South Australians, massive small man syndrome, screaming out for relevance.

The best one though, was the post claiming that Ports Team was "far better than Hawthorns"

I swear to god I love sydney but can you believe it they a re not showing t he hawks game............instead we get gws vs gold coast and then the swans game.................. it is so frustrating

Port's game day thread is all about how apparently we've got a grudge against them, and we're sooks, and snitches and all other forms of insecurity based insults. Weird bunch those South Australians, massive small man syndrome, screaming out for relevance.

The best one though, was the post claiming that Ports Team was "far better than Hawthorns"
Where the hell did you get that from?

There was one poster who said that the Hawks would be fired up because of a few things that were said post PF. Nothing about being sooks and snitches.

Post fans are confident and optimistic. Nothing wrong with that, it's part of supporting their team.

Lobbe, easily....After having missed the first 3 games he will be Refreshed & Cherry Ripe to go....We will need a big one from Big Boy to curb his influence by crashing into him, followed by Cegs jumping over him!....He has dominated against us previously/recently & needs to be negated.

Yep, he'll have a big say in the game.

For mine Rough needs to have a big game against a quality team.

I swear to god I love sydney but can you believe it they a re not showing t he hawks game............instead we get gws vs gold coast and then the swans game.................. it is so frustrating
I lived in sydney for 4 years doing my doctorate. Hated every microsecond of it. If lucas heights fried the entire place, I'd be "meh, I suppose we have to accomodate sydney refugees, but not if we spike the road up here."

You buy a loaf of bread anywhere else and it comes with a conversation, in sydney they simply throw the change at you and don't even say "next!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back