Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I had planned to trade Wright -> Merret this week for a cash grab but now that Winguard is out i'm not sure what the best option is. Do i hold Winguard for a week until he comes back or should i trade him to Merret instead?

I had planned to trade Wright -> Merret this week for a cash grab but now that Winguard is out i'm not sure what the best option is. Do i hold Winguard for a week until he comes back or should i trade him to Merret instead?

If DT hold for sure. But I'm assuming Fantasy, so I'd trade Wingard to Merret and hold Wright. Wrights got some easier opponents coming up so may score well, and if not then next week or two you can trade either Wright/Merret back to Wingy. Hopefully this leads to more $$ and more points.

Why trade a player that would score higher then a rookie for merrett when you can trade someone who is not playing? If you have no other holes to fill, I would definitely go wingard (Chances are you will have to trade him back in though, so if it is a 1 week injury does the cash outway the extra trade?)

how do people generally approach the bye rounds? I assume there will always be some non-scorers but is it actually possible to avoid that by using the bench and your trades judiciously?

In the bye rounds only the top 18 players score points. The aim is to:
- not have all premo's in the same round
- not have all premos in 1 position playing in the same round (This can be a killer)
- have at least 19 of the on field 22 playing every round (1 emergency, positions dont matter)

Also, after the first bye, trade players out that had the bye in the first bye round.

Same for the second bye, trade players out that have the third bye for someone that has had a bye in the first 2 weeks.

more in depth people then me could tell you roughly the amount of people you should have per bye round heading into the first bye.

With trades to burn, wouldn't you just bring Merrett in and get the price rise and then bring back Wingard later? Just don't spend the spare cash.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Thinking about reversing my trades. I have Enright and he's a big chance of not playing this weekend. I have Langdon on the bench who is solid so not sure if I should just leave them or trade Enright. Any suggestions?

If DT hold and take the substitute hit, don't burn a trade on what is likely a one week injury. If fantasy then trade to Merrett and take the cash. But when you go to trade him back in I would hold Merrett as he is performing well and still has a negative BE so will make you cash. If you have an under performing forward trade him for Wingard.

Cotchin -> Rocklobster
Titchell -> Merret.

Feels odd to be trading out players that have been decent but Cotchin will get tagged hard and Titchell loses too much money if he repeats the performance he had last week.

Want to get Sam Mitchell into my defence but cannot trade him in yet as I don't have any premium defenders I want to trade out. I have Tom Langdon and Ben Griffiths who would probably both be worth about 350000 at the first bye and with a bit of extra money from a cash cow should allow me to make this trade. I would have to take a hit then in week two of the byes as I would then have three Hawthorn players in my defence but as everyone would it may not be as bad as it looks.

I'm finding that there is no good value for downgrade targets.

Almost have to pick a player on debut. My rookies have more mooing to do before trading.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Agreed. Only area I'd like to make rookie priced changes is in the forwards, and there are next-to-no good targets there. I don't have enough cash to get Mumford, so targeting Jacobs instead. Will have to wait a few weeks to start downgrade/upgrading - until there are some good kids available.

The new pricing structure doesn't help. Players will rise from their first round of play....

Agreed. Only area I'd like to make rookie priced changes is in the forwards, and there are next-to-no good targets there. I don't have enough cash to get Mumford, so targeting Jacobs instead. Will have to wait a few weeks to start downgrade/upgrading - until there are some good kids available.

The new pricing structure doesn't help. Players will rise from their first round of play....
With Roberton and Cripps named this week there might be at least one mid downgrade target next week.

whats the word on the rookies debuting this week!? who are we all thinking of picking up?

i next to nothing about any of the debutants except a little about cripps for carlton who racked up 30+ possies in the VFL but is not considered to be AFL fit yet. Highly doubt he would be debuting if the were playing anyone but Melbourne!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I have dalhous and ambrose. I kind of wanted to get rid thomas (will still make money but I have several mid pricers), hickey (third ruckman), caddy, frost and langford but injuries are a killer.

What are peoples thoughts on keeping ambrose, when he comes back he will make cash and not require an extra trade. But he is a non player then.

So first trade dalhous > J.merrett (easy)

second trade leaves me with 400k.
Any thoughts on where I should go?
M.Thomas > T.Rockliff
ambrose > harvey (POD)
ambrose > chapman
frost > riewaldt (or the above 2)
langford > s.mitchell (my d6 on average would then be k.simpson, i got luckey with my picks)

Problem is, if I trade in 2 forwards caddy & m.thomas & hickey will be an emergency. I trade in 1 forward and one back I will have griffiths, langdon (one could be D6), m.thomas & hickey as an emergency. If I get Rockliff dunston, hickey an emergency and miss out on thomas's price rise.

If I downgrade caddy or hickey I will have a lot of cash butI reckon there will be better mids next week to downgrade one of my mid pricers and hickey will make more then currie.

Total value of my team is ~$11,490,000

but dalhous out has given me a headache

In Fantasy, I have Dahlhaus (F3), Le Cras (F4), and Ambrose (F7) all injured with Rohan my F8 (just...).

The LeCras -> Merrett trade is easy.
The calf injury is a worry for Dahlhaus... I'm tempted to leave him on the bench, trade out Ambrose for ....? and take Rohan's 25 or whatever he dishes out this week. Am I over thinking this? Or is doing the simple thing and trading out Dahlhaus the smart option?

So I have dalhous and ambrose. I kind of wanted to get rid thomas (will still make money but I have several mid pricers), hickey (third ruckman), caddy, frost and langford but injuries are a killer.

What are peoples thoughts on keeping ambrose, when he comes back he will make cash and not require an extra trade. But he is a non player then.

So first trade dalhous > J.merrett (easy)

second trade leaves me with 400k.
Any thoughts on where I should go?
M.Thomas > T.Rockliff
ambrose > harvey (POD)
ambrose > chapman
frost > riewaldt (or the above 2)
langford > s.mitchell (my d6 on average would then be k.simpson, i got luckey with my picks)

Problem is, if I trade in 2 forwards caddy & m.thomas & hickey will be an emergency. I trade in 1 forward and one back I will have griffiths, langdon (one could be D6), m.thomas & hickey as an emergency. If I get Rockliff dunston, hickey an emergency and miss out on thomas's price rise.

If I downgrade caddy or hickey I will have a lot of cash butI reckon there will be better mids next week to downgrade one of my mid pricers and hickey will make more then currie.

Total value of my team is ~$11,490,000

but dalhous out has given me a headache

At Port, M.Thomas was never a consistent performer and I feel he may have started to show his true colours. Rockliff is going to be a big fantasy scorer, he always does well when given a run in midfield. I wouldn't trade for Chapman without consulting the Essendon board as I have heard he may be rested soon. He will soon be premium price as he has a 34 BE and he could cost another 60000 after another two rounds.

Frost for Riewoldt sounds OK(if you mean Nick). You would be trading a likely 40-60 scorer for a regular 100, possible 150 scorer.
However, Caddy for Riewoldt would still leave you with a wad of cash as Caddy is 346665 and Frost is 191301. And the average score of Caddy is 63 and Frost 53 so not much difference there. But Frost has more earning potential with his BE of 14.

To sum up, after trading Dalhaus for Merrett, Caddy for Riewoldt sounds best but M.Thomas for Rockliff could be considered as well next week because you would not have used up all your cash in the Caddy>Riewoldt trade whereas you would have with a Frost>Riewoldt trade.

Cant work out what to do with chappy do you take the chance and deal with rohan as cover ? Jobe just said chappy still has to get through training saturday

Thanks. I appreciate that.

I think I might go now:
thomas > rocky
dalhous > j.merret.

Then next week, with over 200k in the bank upgrade ambrose (if not selected) for riewaldt and downgrade shiels or hickey, or downgrade hickey and upgrade a frost/langford/caddy/shiels

thanks. seems smarter

haha, now dyson or dunston on the pine

RDT:
Michie > KK
Rohan > Taylor

or

Michie > Taylor

Weighing up whether to do a second trade. Already used 3 up since the start of the season. Don't really want to be down to 25 so soon. Plus there seems to be some good rookies coming through. Crouch next week. Cutler, Robertson, Paine, Cripps, Lloyd the following fortnight. Plus even only doing 1 trade means I'll still have 320K+ in the bank. I'm not exactly struggling for cash.

At Port, M.Thomas was never a consistent performer and I feel he may have started to show his true colours.

Could be an indication but too early to say for sure I reckon. Thomas had like 6 FAs last week and if you take those away he's on 83. If he goes back to a defence role = kills his potential for lots of points...but so far so good. Break even of 31 atm so there's still money to be made, especially if he scores well this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back