MVP Round 4 Votes vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

5. Butler
4. Yeo
3. McGovern
2. Cripps (played through an obvious injury- 11 tackles, could have been considerably higher if he kicked 3.1 instead of 1.3)
1. Hill- very classy. Glad he finished with three goals.

Hm: McInnes, nelson, Duggan, sheed. Also thought Wellingham was quite clean. Nelson's defensive work was top knotch.

DM: if you take a mark 20m out when you're kicking against the breeze, you go back and take the kick, Lycett.

5. Gov
4. Yeo
3. Butler
2. Cripps
1. Lycett for my new avatar

HM: Same as most, Duggan, Nelson, McInnes, Sheed, Wellingham, Hillydard33 and Priddis for that spin move in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

DM: West Coast and Brisbane for a boring game.

Priddis 9 clearances, 16 contested p's and a beast at reading the play in congestion. No possible way he wasn't part of the reason we won and at least top 5.

The shunning of him abuse on this board is bordering on absurdity and has me questioning how many here have actually played football before.. and up to U/14's doesn't really count. You would realise how overrated footspeed actually is and that it's all about positioning and reading the play, something priddis is truly gifted with. Also 2-3 wobbly kicks in no way means you've had a bad game.

Rant over

Priddis 9 clearances, 16 contested p's and a beast at reading the play in congestion. No possible way he wasn't part of the reason we won and at least top 5.

The shunning of him abuse on this board is bordering on absurdity and has me questioning how many here have actually played football before.. and up to U/14's doesn't really count. You would realise how overrated footspeed actually is and that it's all about positioning and reading the play, something priddis is truly gifted with. Also 2-3 wobbly kicks in no way means you've had a bad game.

Rant over

Wrong thread :p

Rant over
He's still crap

5. Yeo - some errors but generally just so much better than the rest of our midfielders
4. McGovern - I wouldn't be surprised if he just broke a record for intercept marks, but then again, he does it every week
3. Cripps - great tackling and lots of gumption to play through injury which let us take off Shuey later
2. Shuey - stood up more this game
1. Butler - not for the goals (as fun as those were), rather he was just much better than he's been in recent weeks

HM: Hurn (was he tagged or did he get a free run?), McInnes (solid debut and may indeed have a future at CHF), Hill, Rosa

Rant over
I had him in my positives because he played within himself, he was a clearance machine and blocked for our other more skillful (by foot) players on the outside. I'm still not sure he'd have been in my top 5 but he was a top 10 player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rant over

On today's game I gave bias to first quarter and first half form. Priddis won most of his nine clearances in the back half of the game. Most of our damage was done in the first quarter.

I also give bias to goal involvements and score projection. Because that's where the game is heading and you need to watch football through antiquated lens to thing otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had him in my positives because he played within himself, he was a clearance machine and blocked for our other more skillful (by foot) players on the outside. I'm still not sure he'd have been in my top 5 but he was a top 10 player.
Yeah that's a fair call and I'd agree. My post was more in response to those who actively bag him without realising his specific role in the team, his strengths, and the fact that us winning the I50's largely starts with the midfield and taking advantage of first use from stoppages and congestion.

A lot of rose tinted glasses with yeo I think

He was good overall but poor early. His clearance work (and strength) was heartening but I don't think he was top 5 today
I didn't think there were many players with flawless games today though.

Kennedy was good but got caught behind his defender a few times and kicked poorly.

Priddis was good but I remember a few of his poor kicks.

Etc.

5. Sam Butler - 96% efficiency, 2 goals and 28 possessions playing defense. And some on here think he's got nothing to offer.
4. Gov
3. Yeo
2. Gaff
1. Cripps - 11 tackles:thumbsu:

Honourable mentions to McInness (great debut), Kennedy and Priddis.

5. Sam Butler - 96% efficiency, 2 goals and 28 possessions playing defense. And some on here think he's got nothing to offer.
4. Gov
3. Yeo
2. Gaff
1. Cripps - 11 tackles:thumbsu:

Honourable mentions to McInness (great debut), Kennedy and Priddis.
If he plays like today I've got no problem with him staying in the team, and I'm not necessarily talking about getting high possessions at high efficiency. Today he took the game on and was actually attacking and creative with the ball rather than holding play up and taking the extreme safe/defensive option. Completely different player to his usual style.

Rant over
Going to put some votes in or just bitch and moan?

On today's game I gave bias to first quarter and first half form. Priddis won most of his nine clearances in the back half of the game. Most of our damage was done in the first quarter.

I also give bias to goal involvements and score projection. Because that's where the game is heading and you need to watch football through antiquated lens to thing otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Genuine question where do you get these stats for score involvements (assume you don't mean goal assists?) and score projection etc.? Most sites have only basic data

Remove this Banner Ad

Back