Round 5 2014- Collingwood V North Melbourne Etihad stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Was thinking that today.

Still, I think in everybody's eyes he dismantled a premiership team.

So don't think anything less than a premiership will redeem that. The what if will hang until he wins one.

It was always going to happen, no matter if Malthouse or Buckley was coaching. 2011 was the one we missed out on, owing to a great Geelong team and MM's ego. We knew that we were going into a mini-rebuild this year, but still hoping to play finals.

Very similar to, say, a Heppell, except Sidebottom stands up in games like GFs

I'd take Heppell over Sidebottom every day of the week.

Regardless, Heppell has played one final, Sidebottom 14. So the basis for your comparison is... non-existent.

Could have busted a rib, anything.

Weak act that deserves a week, easily.

Jesus, you're deluded. Cloke deserved an Oscar for his little performance. Lindsay was in awe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Travelling well. People can keep waiting for them to drop off, but i still think they are a top 6-8 side.
And this is without Cloke dominating week in, week out (Glad he got his haul game out of the way today).

Midfield is very good. Pendles is pulling away from the rest of the pack and starting to isolate himself from the comp the way Ablett has.

And I like the way Maxwell & Lumumba have found little niches that are really starting to hurt the opposition
Looking forward to a cracking match friday.

The wait could be a little long and painful for the masses, 7 first round picks in 2 years, this is almost Bucks team. When this club is all on the same page and the new guys have 40 games in them, the pies will still be around the top, regardless of the suns and gws,

I'd take Heppell over Sidebottom every day of the week.

Regardless, Heppell has played one final, Sidebottom 14. So the basis for your comparison is... non-existent.
When Heppell dominates a GF get back to me. Till then the troll comments about Sidebottom will be met with equally stupid comments about Heppell.

Collingwood's midfielder took control from the start and gave their forwards good supply. North weren't able to get back into the game. They were ok, could have played better but sometimes your only as good as your opposition allows you to be.

Collingwood very good :thumbsu:

Last edited:
A midfield of Pendlebury - Beams - Swan - Sidebottom is fairly potent.

Then there is the depth. Macaffer the tag. Thomas - Ball - Dwyer - Adams having a run there. The midfield has an elite top group and then bats deep.

Sidebottom may have finally taken the next step to be amongst the likes of Beams etc. And don't be surprized if people start mentioning Thomas in the same breath as these guys by the end of the season too.

Pies are a top 4 side ladies and gents.

I think Collingwood will finish ( at end of home and away) 3rd or 4th - i think there forms been good ( didnt see their opening game - so ive ignored it) - White is a terrific recruit - some of their young players - Frost looks a 200 gamer - Elliot is exciting - Fassolo in the backline

Lot of ordinary teams in the comp ie West Coast Carlton Nth Melb Rich Ess

I think the only team Collingwood would fear is Hawthorn - i think they would think their a good chance of beating the rest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back