Round 5, 2014: Essendon V St Kilda @ Docklands

Remove this Banner Ad

The constant pencilling in of Carlton and Essendon as top four, year after year bewilders me. It's like a willing delusion amongst football "experts".
I think this actually hinders the cultures, drive, and desire of these clubs more than it helps. It may help sell papers and get more clickthroughs on advertisements on AFL.com but tipping Essendon and Carlton for the top 4 ad inifintum surely drains the ferocious hunger a club needs to win a flag?

Immediately you will laugh at a stkilda supporter commenting on culture.

They're NEVER tipped for the spoon. They never have any reason to believe they have to fight tooth and nail for glory. No reason to fight to the death.

Well, just let it continue!

"Shixteen premierships mate! Shixteen! You's have 1one! "

yeah great, and that's part of the problem. It's a different world now generic "Shixteen premierships" Essendon/Carlton supporter. A world where you can't just buy the best players and stroll into premierships every few years.

Nick Riewoldt deserves at least one of the Coleman Medal, Brownlow Medal or a Premiership Medal.

Very surprised he hasn't got one yet to look back on, but regardless I'm amazed at his work rate and skill.

Nick Riewoldt deserves at least one of the Coleman Medal, Brownlow Medal or a Premiership Medal.

Very surprised he hasn't got one yet to look back on, but regardless I'm amazed at his work rate and skill.
Jack can share a Coleman medal with his cousin .. as for Brownlow, Woewodin should give his one to him and Leigh Brown can hand over his Premiership Medallion.

Safe to say we nailed the 2013 draft; Billings, Dunstan, Acres. Templeton and Weller. Weller just got 33 touches and 3 goals in the VFL today. Really happy with our young kids and where we are heading. Also happy with Josh Bruce and Delaney tonight, 2 other guys we just brought in. Hopefully we can keep this effort and pressure up, as a Saints fan it's good to see them trying like this.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most Essendon supporters who know anything about football would have expected our unproven forward line to struggle this year

Very true, when you cut so much experience (Crameri, Gumby, Monfries, Davey and then move Hurley back) out of one area of the ground it will always take a while for it to click. Chapman and Goddard are a good short-term fix but Daniher is a long way from a match-winning forard at this stage.

I lost over $700 on a multi bet with Essendon my last leg at $1.33 ht/ft so I'm not overly happy with that spineless side, however so much credit to the Saints.

Watching the Saints play it's evident how hard they are trying to stick to Richardson's processes. I love how they push hard defensively and when they get the footy it's either a switch and spread or a hold possession until an option appears. Seems to be a clear intent to push hard back of the centre and allow the forwards in particular Riewoldt the chance to play with some space.

There will be some spankings for the sainters but gee, give Richardson another season with these guys and they will be very dangerous.

Very good coach

Bomber Thompson's pressers are nothing short of amazing. In a good way that is.

3 votes tonight. Lenny gets 2 cos Roo needs a medal.
3 votes v Dees
3 votes v Giants
Doubt he polls for the Eagles game
May get 1 in the Crows game. Possibly

Safe to say we nailed the 2013 draft; Billings, Dunstan, Acres. Templeton and Weller. Weller just got 33 touches and 3 goals in the VFL today. Really happy with our young kids and where we are heading. Also happy with Josh Bruce and Delaney tonight, 2 other guys we just brought in. Hopefully we can keep this effort and pressure up, as a Saints fan it's good to see them trying like this.
Funny what a great off-season can do for your team.. plus having a fantastic coach.. also still got some great leaders at the club.. Saints will turn it around quick...

****ing hell I didn't think there was going to be anything worse than losing to a bottom 4 team tonight, but listening to Basil Zempasisijsjdhdw in the post-game is pretty close.

Eighth as of right now, champ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back