Round 5, 2014: Essendon V St Kilda @ Docklands

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing could of made a dull night at work any better than listening to the call as the Saint's pegged them back, stuck with them, took the lead, built a buffer and then kept them comfortably at bay until the final siren went. A young and zippy outfit, but went about it very professionally and cooly.

Loved it :thumbsu:

Safe to say we nailed the 2013 draft; Billings, Dunstan, Acres. Templeton and Weller. Weller just got 33 touches and 3 goals in the VFL today. Really happy with our young kids and where we are heading. Also happy with Josh Bruce and Delaney tonight, 2 other guys we just brought in. Hopefully we can keep this effort and pressure up, as a Saints fan it's good to see them trying like this.
I'd have doubts taking either of Bruce or Delaney in to a final. But they are very good for now because they actually both have chances of making it and are legitimate key defenders. Low risk, high reward if they work out. Not sure what Bruce is thinking with that hair cut.

I'd be cautious on Weller. Remember the VFL is pretty weak these days and Weller is a natural footballer, it's whether he can finally step it up to AFL which is his challenge. But no one can argue with Billings, Dunstan or Templeton and Richardson just looks like the perfect coach for the saints right now.

We have Hurls on Riewoldt with Fletch and Hooker parked in front of him. Even if the Saints get it forward he doesn't have a chance.

please-tell-me-more.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most embarrassed I've ever been watching Essendon. Must have been a killer flu. Nick Riewoldt is a champion, will be leading the Brownlow at this point. Second at worst.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back