Round 5 2014- Sydney Swans v Fremantle Dockers - SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you go to the game? I am guessing not.

Franklin was manhandled all day, and McPharlin was holding him anywhere up to 50m from the contest. The umpires didn't lose you the game, the Swans wanted it more.

Never said they did. Of course the Swans wanted the win more. They doubled our tackle score!!!!

I'm one of those people who believe it's illogical to scrutinise umpiring for a certain proportion of the match. I understand momentum - but if we are going to start analysing the hypotheticals you may as well start from the first second of the game. Any number of free kicks has the potential to change the whole way the game is paid. It's stupid to just focus on when Fremantle were mounting a comeback.

Only fools would lament a lost game and blame it on umpiring. Ross Lyon and the Freo board would be above that. If they wanted to scrutinise anything, it should be why they were playing catch up football for the match.
I didnt see the presser, but did Lyon blame the loss on the umps rather than Freo's overall below-par performance and Sydney's excellent performance?

I didnt see the presser, but did Lyon blame the loss on the umps rather than Freo's overall below-par performance and Sydney's excellent performance?

No he didn't. He actually pulled the journalists back from going down any sought of excuse or mitigation line and said that Sydney deserved the win.

No he didn't. He actually pulled the journalists back from going down any sought of excuse or mitigation line and said that Sydney deserved the win.
That's nice then. I saw a bit of after the game and there looked to be a heap of respect between the players, no malice, nothing. Crowley was talking to a few player without being a dick or anything. I thought KJ won that battle pretty well tonight.

That's nice then. I saw a bit of after the game and there looked to be a heap of respect between the players, no malice, nothing. Crowley was talking to a few player without being a dick or anything. I thought KJ won that battle pretty well tonight.

There's a lot of respect between Freo and Swans coaching staff and mutual respect between players. In relation to Crowley, he appears to be down on form compared to last year. In fact, quite a few Freo players are struggling at the moment, with the exception of Fyfe, Mundy, Pav, Sandi, McPharlin and Johnson.

The Dockers are screwed once Pavs quits. Why they didn't target Franklin or Cloke I will never know.

Played most of 2013 without him and did enough to finish top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a lot of respect between Freo and Swans coaching staff and mutual respect between players. In relation to Crowley, he appears to be down on form compared to last year. In fact, quite a few Freo players are struggling at the moment, with the exception of Fyfe, Mundy, Pav, Sandi, McPharlin and Johnson.
True that. I thought Hanners won over Fyfe by a long way in the last. When he looked to be breaking the game open, Hanners was on his heels tackling him and hurting him the other way.

lol
Hawkins was crippled with a bad back that day so yep, injured while McIntosh and Simpson were out for the year. Enright did his knee and missed the rest of the year so it's obvious you don't watch anything but Fremantle games.

3-2 :)
Wouldn't bother bobby. Freo are losers coached by a man who is a lifelong loser. They'll never win a flag. They're actually a joke.

Well, what would he know?

The umpires were the reason Sydney won, just ask BigFooty.......:rolleyes:

Where was he going to? And where did he come from? Did he bring luggage? All serious questions that must be first answered.

We'll he's come to Sydney, he came from Hawthorn, and according to flogs like you, he brought a lot of baggage.

But if we're going by your standards, he has in fact "arrived", he's in for the long haul, and will only get better.

Back in your cage gimp.

and while I don't agree with your position on the Pavlich free kick, I will lobby the AFL to have the decision reversed and the goal awarded to Freo. So you officially only lost by 11 points, I'm sure that'll make you happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back