Round 5, 2014: Western Bulldogs v Carlton @Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL. There should've been an extra 20 free kicks paid to each side in this game. The new rule for HTB is embarrassing. Players just drop it and its play on.
I wasn't having a go at Carlton. I meant in general.

Have to admit this is a great win by Carlton, awesome performance, full of courage 3 men down and still busting their gut till the end, awesome.

good win by carlton. thought the dogs were going to run over them.

cant work out why the bulldogs weren't having shots from 50 seemed to be always going for a pass, all players must have been spent.

Have to admit this is a great win by Carlton, awesome performance, full of courage 3 men down and still busting their gut till the end, awesome.

Not sure the actual football will be good enough to see a huge turnaround coming but right now for them any win is a good win and in the circumstances, they played very meritoriously in that last quarter. Toughed it out against an opponent that should have been running all over them.

Doggies had a very ordinary side on toast and couldnt seal the deal. This game was given to them on a silver platter.
Yeah, that was my thought too. They absolutely bombed out in numerous instances where a goal was in the offering.

What a horrible game that was to watch.

Carlton get the 4 pts, but they looked very ordinary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win by the Blues. Their best is not too bad.
Doggies can look at times but lack the polish to nail the clutch goals.
Young team though and pretty good to watch.

Not sure the actual football will be good enough to see a huge turnaround coming but right now for them any win is a good win and in the circumstances, they played very meritoriously in that last quarter. Toughed it out against an opponent that should have been running all over them.

Yeah I know its not the be all for us, but it was gutsy and hopefully that will give them something to take into the season, I must admit I thought we were gone with 3 down, but to hold on like that and still end the game running was courageous and full credit to the players.

No one wants to work the mark, run forward and back. Not having Roughead\Moris while makes it difficult is not an excuse. Defence couldn't even put any body nor man space as a team. What makes it worse that they had 3 down and they still ran harder.

Only the Dogs, a poor side who lost to Melbourne last year could pull this s**t off again.

Also the worst umpriring display to top it off.

Yeah, that was my thought too. They absolutely bombed out in numerous instances where a goal was in the offering.

What a horrible game that was to watch.

Carlton get the 4 pts, but they looked very ordinary.
??? You must of missed the first half. Was a very good game to watch, with good skills. Faded towards the end because we had one bloke on the bench. And we hardly looked ordinary at all. Shocking call.

Also, respect to Curnow for playing out the game like he did.

Are you trying to say it was a good decision to let a player who hasn't had a pre season and is nowhere near match fit to run out like that instead of maybe easing him back slowly possibly through the reserves?
Wonderful use of hindsight. How were u to know the injury came because of that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back