Round 5, 2014: Western Bulldogs v Carlton @Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton showed much more passion and intensity then previous weeks and deserved the win. We had to many players down including two of our best in Minson and Libber while Williams and Young were disgusting. Desperately need Roughead and Morris back. Missing some absolute sitters also didn't help, MacRae was great again but that miss was unbelievable.

Disappointing crowd, I suspect thousands of Blues fans who have jumped off would regret not going today, to the ones who did stick with them, well done

Disappointing crowd, I suspect thousands of Blues fans who have jumped off would regret not going today, to the ones who did stick with them, well done

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure a lot of fans did jump off the bandwagon. But keep in mind, it's Easter Sunday and was an away game for Carlton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure a lot of fans did jump off the bandwagon. But keep in mind, it's Easter Sunday and was an away game for Carlton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair point - I may be being a little bit bitter but it really was a poor crowd :( Probably just frustration from my behalf by a few friends sharing pics on facebook with the united hashtag who I know didn't go to the game simply because they thought they would lose. Every club has them - im just being petty :)

Carlton were as good as they've been all year, but come on. They played a team that will finish mid-table at best and were coached appallingly today. They didn't exactly look comfortable either. They looked frightened for the last quarter and a half.

Carlton were as good as they've been all year, but come on. They played a team that will finish mid-table at best and were coached appallingly today. They didn't exactly look comfortable either. They looked frightened for the last quarter and a half.
Yep all you can say is that they turned up this week and played the Doggies who weren't playing this best footy either.

Congrats to Carlton. Their seven goal first quarter held them in good stead to win the game.

Pathetic performance given that we couldn't steamroll the Blues in the last quarter when they had 1 fit player on the bench.

As for the umpiring, I'll refrain from letting rip.

I wouldn't say frightened, but the Bulldogs certainly had the momentum.
Solid effort from us as we were down to one player on the bench in the last quarter.
Really pleased that Henderson and Waite were able to exploit the Doggies lack of quality down back.

Yeah frightened enough to steady and win by 5 Goals despite being woefully undermanned due to injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not too worried about the result, were still heavily inconsistent and haven't been able to put 3 good games together in the last couple of years, and Carlton were up and about yesterday. While they've definitely been overrated, they are a much much better team than their form so far this year shows. Roughead and Morris on Waite and Henderson makes a huge difference as well. Confident we will bounce back next week and put in a good performance against Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back