Review Round 5 - Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants, Sunday April 20th, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
The Crows belted St.Kilda today. A 25 goal turnaround from last week's loss to the Swans. :eek:

So we will have out work cut out for us to have any chance of an upset.

We get an extra day to recover, which will help, because we ran out of puff yesterday in that last quarter.

We missed Mummy yesterday, but he won't be back for at least a couple of weeks. So Giles is going to need some support.

Thoughts on changes to the team? We get Devon Smith back, which is good news. I hope we don't lose Josh Hunt to that knee injury - he really provides the grunt we've lacked in defence.

Last edited:

I can see Boyd making his debut and playing a similar role to Giles when mummy was in the team... Being a tall in the goal square and pinch hitting in the ruck

Names on backs this weekend, and we'll be in the clash guernsey:
GsQh8Y3.jpg

I think Giles killed it on the weekend and Boyd would only pinch hit. Admittedly Boyd would prob kick more goals in a similar role but I think it means much worse for the likes of Phillips or lobb

Giles has proven to be more than handy in front of goal, so I don't think he's under pressure when it comes to goal-kicking. We really are blessed with goal-kicking talent.

I'm more interested in seeing how our new clash guernsey looks out on the field...

is that a bad thing?

Not at all. From what I saw on the jumpy, blurry, drop in drop out, web feed of the NEAFL V NT Thunder game, in moments of clarity and focus, they look awesome. Really want to see them on the tele.

My reasoning for it being bad news for Giles is that Phillips isn't a challenge to his number two role, while Boyd is. Phillips was in trouble once they landed the one-two punch of Mumford/Lobb in the off season. I like Phillips and think he can be a very solid AFL ruckman, but he is up against it at GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe a bit off on potential changes as not watching the reserves games just going off the reports and also can see max 3 changes
Buntine for Hunt if he is out injured
Whitfield in if he passes a fitness test or Addison for one or two of Bugg/Lamb/Townsend/WHE
Smith in for Sumner or Tomlinson hard to just give the guys 1 game
Do we need to play 2 genuine rucks v Crows? as they just have Jacobs?
Will be happy to lose by less than 10 goals and I will not post the results from previous encounters and please no one else needs to either even any Crows supporters who surf through the virtual tumbleweeds onto this part of the forum

They will probably bring in lynch, which means they'll go with 3 talls. We will need to bring in another tall defender.. Haynes and plowman will be both giving up 5 to 10 cm

Kennedy to betts I would think. Haynes has fyfe like overhead marking ability and I would back him against any if the crows back up Talls in this game. Would like to keep lamb and give him a proper shot and only make minimal changes

They will probably bring in lynch, which means they'll go with 3 talls. We will need to bring in another tall defender.. Haynes and plowman will be both giving up 5 to 10 cm

We will bring in Lynch - but we don't really use him as a KPF. He is more of a taller running half forward flanker (rather than a forward who will sit inside 50).

Any truth to the rumour that Boyd makes his debut? You guys should try and get some talent up in your forward line instead of guys like Boyd, Patton, Cameron :D

We will bring in Lynch - but we don't really use him as a KPF. He is more of a taller running half forward flanker (rather than a forward who will sit inside 50).

Any truth to the rumour that Boyd makes his debut? You guys should try and get some talent up in your forward line instead of guys like Boyd, Patton, Cameron :D

No truth to that rumor yet but he is close. Kicks a few goals every week on the twos. So he eventual inclusion is inevitable.

Hopefully it's this week as WHE may not get up

No Mummy no Shaw and possibly no hunt :( that's all 3 mature players we recruited. unfortunately I can see the mother of all hiding a coming on this weekend.

The last thing we needed was injuries to defenders with Mohr and Davis out. Now we have 2 more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back