blaze036

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 27, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gumbies FC
Can I back the crowd to be 70 000+ with confidence?

You have 75000 members and are the superpower. We have 13000 that turn up religiously. MCC members might add another 4000.

Only way I don't make a fortune is if you too are minnows? I mean we get over 40 000 to OUR home games against the other "big sides" that are in your great shadow.

Lol norfie talking to us about crowds :oops:

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Lol norfie talking to us about crowds :oops:
Leave the trolling for the bay Blaze, he isnt being a smartass or stirring us up so you shouldnt let the rest of us posters on the Collingwood thread down and give us a bad name because of your nonsense.

blaze036

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 27, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gumbies FC
Leave the trolling for the bay Blaze, he isnt being a smartass or stirring us up so you shouldnt let the rest of us posters on the Collingwood thread down and give us a bad name because of your nonsense.

Did you even read his post? o_O

He is clearly here to stir us up, "Only way I don't make a fortune is if you too are minnows? I mean we get over 40 000 to OUR home games against the other "big sides" that are in your great shadow".

I think he can handle a bit of banter... Do you understand what footy banter is? Sorry if I've ruined the reputation of Collingwood supporters

C'mon Pricey...side by side and we will smash the Kangas tomorrow.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Josh Thomas as sub again? I'd like to see him play a full game, but if he doesn't have the legs, then might have to deal with it as a sub. Then again, how will he get the k's in the legs if he doesn't play full games?

Alternatives to the sub then? If we match the North talls, then I feel we have to have a runner as a sub, more so than a swingman/utility -

Josh Thomas? Okay, so not an alternative because, basically, who else?

Langdon? But I doubt he'll have the impact the sub is meant to have.

(curve ball) Clinton Young? I feel as if he's steadily building with each game, so reluctant to deprive him of game time.

Of course, I am assuming we'll be an unchanged line-up. It's quite conceivable that Adams or Dwyer could come in and either of those as subs would suit. I feel, however, that we haven't ever got the sub role quite right as a team.

Goldsack as the sub.

MAGPIE2013

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arizona Cardinals, Man United,
are brown and reid both a chance for anzac day match?

MAGPIE2013

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arizona Cardinals, Man United,
it there anychance we can maintain two rucks in the side with reid and brown coming back in the following weeks?

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
it there anychance we can maintain two rucks in the side with reid and brown coming back in the following weeks?

Someone will have to go out. It will either be a kpp or a ruckman.

Yes...if Reid and Brown both play in defence...which makes us very...very strong.

forwardflanker

Cancelled
Apr 3, 2006
Luxemburg
AFL Club
Collingwood
Witts and Grundy must play, Goldstein will smash us other wise, and they are playing Currie too.

So;

In: Brown
Out: Maxwell (suspended)

I wouldn't be against the "no change" sign going up if Maxy is available.

Kennedy and Adams obviously in contention, but unless we are going to drop Blair or Thomas there's no room for them.

Bonus; We get an 8 day break, they get a 6 day break.:D
+1, Goldstein is about the fittest ruck in the comp, Grundy will blow up in the second quarter if he goes it alone v him

forwardflanker

Cancelled
Apr 3, 2006
Luxemburg
AFL Club
Collingwood
No Change.

And jeez it felt good to post that.

I would consider Brown for Keeffe or Sinclair for Langdon if they can get up, but I believe we'll err on the side of caution.

On a side note for those picking Adams are you please able to point out what exactly he has done to justify selection? He was poor v Freo, 1/4 and a bit v Syd, 1/4 and a half v Cats and misses last night. So he's played 3 quarters of footy since March 14 which will be 5 weeks ago come next Saturday. He comes back through the twos and finds form first.
+1. Everyone is saying out: Thomas in:Adams must have forgotten that Thomas actually played well last week after coming on as sub. So far Adams hasn't done anything to warrant selection and needs a few weeks in the magoos.

+1. Everyone is saying out: Thomas in:Adams must have forgotten that Thomas actually played well last week after coming on as sub. So far Adams hasn't done anything to warrant selection and needs a few weeks in the magoos.

Adams had 36 Touches in the VFL:rolleyes:

Back