Opinion Round 5 Changes vs. Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Croizer to burn it up for Peel this weekend.. De Boer and Suban will be in the blowtorch anyway, one bad game from either of them (by Ross standard) and Tendai's in. Also am I the only one that thinks if Ballas doesn't perform ie 2-3 goals every game, then he's on the chopping block. Wasn't flash by the looks of things in the first two weeks..

Doesn't make sense and don't like it. Gu is well ahead of a few other players in the side... unsure if something off the ball has happened, i.e. attitude/indiscretion (although can't imagine him pulling a Colin) as I can't figure out why he wouldn't be included.

Also am I the only one that thinks if Ballas doesn't perform ie 2-3 goals every game, then he's on the chopping block. Wasn't flash by the looks of things in the first two weeks..

Ballas, our All Australian from last year? Widely considered the AFL's best or second best small forward last year, who kicked 49 goals and whose absence many blamed for a few of our defeats? There are some crazy short memories around the place.

Croizer to burn it up for Peel this weekend.. De Boer and Suban will be in the blowtorch anyway, one bad game from either of them (by Ross standard) and Tendai's in. Also am I the only one that thinks if Ballas doesn't perform ie 2-3 goals every game, then he's on the chopping block. Wasn't flash by the looks of things in the first two weeks..

I can't say for sure, but my guess would be yes. No offence of course.

It's not that hard guys.

The players currently in the team are performing very well.
For a player to force his way into the team, he needs to be much better than someone currently playing.

Mzungu got to be substitute last week and performed well.
The players mentioned above - Suban, Pearce and De Boer played very well and performed their roles.
None deserved to lose their position.

So when an All Australian small forward comes back into the team with no fitness problems, someone has to go out. The guys who played full games didn't deserve to be dropped, so Mzungu was.

No big deal, Mzungu'll get his chance later. No conspiracies involving Colin or attitude either. They are just ridiculous.

hey Freo, when you play against us (the Giants), can you please keep Clancee Pearce in the team instead of Mzungu?
:thumbsu:

It's not that hard guys.

The players currently in the team are performing very well.
For a player to force his way into the team, he needs to be much better than someone currently playing.

Mzungu got to be substitute last week and performed well.
The players mentioned above - Suban, Pearce and De Boer played very well and performed their roles.
None deserved to lose their position.

So when an All Australian small forward comes back into the team with no fitness problems, someone has to go out. The guys who played full games didn't deserve to be dropped, so Mzungu was.

You would think runs on the board would count for something. Mzungu has a lot more of them than either Suban or De Boer, and had done nothing wrong to find himself out of the team except being injured for round 1.

And to say that Suban or De Boer played "very well" last week just shows how low our expectations of them are. It was an above average performance from both of them, but I wouldn't have had either of them in my top 12 players from that game. They had 13 and 14 touches respectively from a full game in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because the difference between C.Pearce and Mzungu will be what's going to destroy you.... lol ok.
hey, Freo are my second team
I want them to do well (except against us)
but Mzungu is far superior to C Pearce

When guys like Mzungu can't get a game, you know you're travelling alright....
You got to feel bad for him.But also you have to reward players for effort.
Atm we are 4 zip.If you start dropping players from the 22 that have showed the effort for the wins, what sort of message are you sending?

You got to feel bad for him.But also you have to reward players for effort.
Atm we are 4 zip.If you start dropping players from the 22 that have showed the effort for the wins, what sort of message are you sending?

Gu was injured in the Sydney NAB game . I think it was a calf strain and had trouble getting his endurance fitness up.
I am reasonably sure that he has caught up to where he should be. Still think he will play on Sunday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back