Unofficial Preview Round 5 Changes vs. Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross Lewis is going to town with this one on twitter. Honestly a young kid with off field issues, misses a plane, club tries to protect him (although wrongly), it's not like he was caught drink driving or anything.

You actually strongly get the impression he'd get off on being in some way responsible for Simmo's demise if it occurred (at this stage let's just call it wishful thinking on Lewis' behalf). Honestly seems like a s**t person pushing an almost unnaturally personal agenda against a kid struggling to make his first footholds in the game.

Good luck for tomorrow, please don't play as good as you did in the Preliminary Final, and if you could try to not get any liquids (including, but not limited to: water, Gatorade, blood) on the SCG that would be really nice. :)

With this Josh Simpson s**t, I'd suggest just ignoring the media. Wait until the club makes a statement. Swans fans would know with all the rumors made up about us and our younger players being unhappy in the pre-season.

As for Gary Rohan at this point in time, he probably does belong in the seconds. He has talent though and is a definite selection for the firsts when fully fit.

Hey guys and girls. Just saw this in the worst
Dockers deny Simpson missed flight
Fremantle have made a backflip over the failure of Josh Simpson to make the team's flight to Sydney on Thursday.

The Dockers went to great lengths to deny that Simpson didn't turn up at Perth Airport when requested, even making a statement to the AFL's official website.

But club football manager conceded to thewest.com.au tonight that Simpson was guilty of missing the plane.

“We’re dealing with a few issues with Josh over a period of time,” he said.

“He was to be our travelling emergency and then advised us very late before the flight that he wasn’t going to travel.

“From there, we’re just working with him now to continue to assist with those issues.”

However, Bond's statement on radio contradicts his claims to AFL.com.au earlier in the day with which he refuted reports Simpson didn't turn up as requested.

"Josh failed to meet certain club requirements during the week, and as a result was not available at selection at either level of football this weekend," Bond told the website.

The latest incident could be the end of Simpson's AFL career.

He has battled homesickness and personal issues but looked to have turned the corner with a strong performance off the substitute bench in the Dockers' win over Essendon on Sunday.

But the 20-year-old is now in limbo.

Doesn't look too 'Flash'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You actually strongly get the impression he'd get off on being in some way responsible for Simmo's demise if it occurred (at this stage let's just call it wishful thinking on Lewis' behalf). Honestly seems like a s**t person pushing an almost unnaturally personal agenda against a kid struggling to make his first footholds in the game.
I've just given some advice to him on twitter, see how the muppet responds. Club obviously have messed this up but sounds like he is chasing or building a story to put on the back page.

Doesn't he know freo supporters don't read the worst?

Anyway, Ross just needs to come and say something to put it to bed. He should deal with the media in this situation and won't put up with s**t journalism. Will be all settled by game time tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon might have gotten very temperamental about not making the team after his good performance last weekend. Hope they can sort these issues out cause he really is a serious talent. Doesn't look good though

Lewis is a notorious s**t person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've just given some advice to him on twitter, see how the muppet responds. Club obviously have messed this up but sounds like he is chasing or building a story to put on the back page.

Doesn't he know freo supporters don't read the worst?

Anyway, Ross just needs to come and say something to put it to bed. He should deal with the media in this situation and won't put up with s**t journalism. Will be all settled by game time tomorrow.

This is Chris Bond's doing.
It is what he hasn't said that is causing the story to grow.

Ross Lewis is a scourge.

You're quite brilliant Ross Lewis.
Tosser thinks he is on to something, and his bosses are letting him run with it.

Don't know where he gets that Simpsons career is in danger.

If Josh was throwing a hissy fit by not turning up. That doesn't look good does it. Not saying he has

Wait, this guy is actually a journo? Aren't they at least meant to publicly put on a mask of objectivity? Bloke DGAF if everyone knows about that chip he's carrying it seems.
Yeah it's pretty pathetic. Basically chucking a massive sad because someone at the club told him off for writing falsehoods.

Not only is he a sulky journo, but it took two people to write that article!

http://www.6pr.com.au/blogs/6pr-perth-blog/simpson-pulls-freo-plug/20140418-36wso.html

For everyone who hasn't tuned in tonight, pretty much explained here with bond chatting to 6pr. Not sure if it's been posted, apologies if it has.

Put simply, the kids had issues during the week - who knows what they are - but they have been on and off since he's been at the club - and some obvious shite has gone down very close to departure and freo have gone into wtf mode, effectively ruling him out this weekend from all forms of footy.

Unfortunately if this kid keeps having these issues, he may walk away from the game or freo might also walk him. Let's hope not, kids got talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back