Round 5 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought about Fyfe mate, he is a great option.

Funny thing is I'd rather have Griffen in my team than Libba at the moment.

I was thinking that I could even upgrade Libba to Fyfe in a couple of weeks if Libba keeps giving me the shits and spudding it up.

Other option is to just upgrade Libba to Selwood at round 9. :thumbsu:
I think you should keep labia even if you get griffin and focus on building your weaker players then worse case scenario he becomes great bench cover for your final squad or by then he may be a worthy m8

Ok I guess I gave more issues to fix than you then! I considered taking him over Griffen this week.

After Griffen next week I am focussing on my backs.

Hanley will be around $450,000 in 2 weeks time I reckon.

Time for JM to jump on. :rainbow:

After Griffen next week I am focussing on my backs.

Hanley will be around $450,000 in 2 weeks time I reckon.

Time for JM to jump on. :rainbow:

Yeah I had mcveigh instead of griffin at one stage but probably better of waiting for Hanley and taking griffin now. I might even take Rockliff but that extra 100k might come in handy. Plus not keen on a premium wooden spooner.

Yeah I had mcveigh instead of griffin at one stage but probably better of waiting for Hanley and taking griffin now. I might even take Rockliff but that extra 100k might come in handy. Plus not keen on a premium wooden spooner.

One good thing about Hanley is that he will see alot of the ball in the backline playing for a poor team like the Lions. :D:thumbsu:

But his score also suffers because they are so s**t. That's why I wanted Mcveigh but I still haven't worked out if they are any bloody good yet!

I wanted Hiberd and Simpson originally but Hanley I reckon is going to be too cheap to say no to.

Depends on my funds in 2 weeks time but I reckon I should at least be able to grab Hanley if I slightly fall short for Hibberd/Simpson.

Getting in Pendles though before round 8 bye brings my round 8 premos to 6 though.

If I got Hibberd and Simpson in the next 2-3 weeks my backline is nearly complete barr D6.

Then just concentrate on getting Pendles and Selwood in over round 9 and 10 byes.

Farked if I know whats right or wrong thing to do now.
Given where you're at, ignore the byes completely. Pendles extra points than Simpson over the next few weeks may be telling. If you're flying at this stage byes are worth worrying about, but you're not.

Given where you're at, ignore the byes completely. Pendles extra points than Simpson over the next few weeks may be telling. If you're flying at this stage byes are worth worrying about, but you're not.

Plus teams stacked with Rd 8 bye premo's will more than make up for a s**t Rd 8 score in Rd's 9 & 10

Plus teams stacked with Rd 8 bye premo's will more than make up for a s**t Rd 8 score in Rd's 9 & 10
^^ this. Not sure why I didn't follow this rule of thumb to begin with instead of worrying about bye rounds and just select the best possible team to start. Lesson learned for next year.

^^ this. Not sure why I didn't follow this rule of thumb to begin with instead of worrying about bye rounds and just select the best possible team to start. Lesson learned for next year.

The amount of people around here holding back on trading in the best super premo mids Pendles/Jelwood/SJ/Swan etc because their Rd 8 bye "doesn't suit their bye structure" and trading in the best of the rest or underdone fallen premo's like Griff instead is mind boggling to say the least. At this point in time I only want to trade in premo's that are the best of the best, regardless of when their bye is.

The amount of people around here holding back on trading in the best super premo mids Pendles/Jelwood/SJ/Swan etc because their Rd 8 bye "doesn't suit their bye structure" and trading in the best of the rest or underdone fallen premo's like Griff instead is mind boggling to say the least. At this point in time I only want to trade in premo's that are the best of the best, regardless of when their bye is.
Agreed. What I'm saying though is realistically I should have taken SJ or Jelwood from the start instead of staying away because of their round 8 bye :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My view;

Jelwood - 640k - expect 125* ave - $5,120/SC pt
Griffen - 525k - expect 115* ave - $4,565/SC pt

To me Griffen offers better value, that's what I'm after.

Swan - 521k - expect 120* ave - $4,341/SC pt -> even better, but yes his rd 8 bye swings it in favour of Griff for me.

* from here onwards.

Im in this position this week mate. At the moment have penciled Griffen into my side as Swan has the rd.8 bye(Which is a killer for me-Swallow,Jaensch,Ablett,Pendles,Beams,Sauce,Danger,Martin,Fasolo and Lloyd all out that round(Also have Lmac and Langdon but they will go before it i think). Is it really worth going Swan now and copping another 0 in rd.8 and wait on Griff/someone else?

Agreed. What I'm saying though is realistically I should have taken SJ or Jelwood from the start instead of staying away because of their round 8 bye :(

We're all pretty much guilty of that. :rainbow:

My view;

Jelwood - 640k - expect 125* ave - $5,120/SC pt
Griffen - 525k - expect 115* ave - $4,565/SC pt

To me Griffen offers better value, that's what I'm after.

Swan - 521k - expect 120* ave - $4,341/SC pt -> even better, but yes his rd 8 bye swings it in favour of Griff for me.

* from here onwards.

I reckon you're overestimating Griff. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Im in this position this week mate. At the moment have penciled Griffen into my side as Swan has the rd.8 bye(Which is a killer for me-Swallow,Jaensch,Ablett,Pendles,Beams,Sauce,Danger,Martin,Fasolo and Lloyd all out that round(Also have Lmac and Langdon but they will go before it i think). Is it really worth going Swan now and copping another 0 in rd.8 and wait on Griff/someone else?

Your Rd 9 & 10 team would be awesome though!

Griff is a good player though. and a solid pick

I reckon you're overestimating Griff. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Could well be, but I get your point.

Any premo traded in now will (hopefully) contribute their total score for the year to your overall position, less one game (bye round).

Whether that 'one less' round is 8,9 or 10.

It really comes down to who else do you have scoring for you during the byes, other than your premos, which will make all the difference.

Going for overall(16th), not leagues. Does this change anything? Or still feel it's best to say "forfeit" one round and make up for it in the other two?
That is a really good question. I wouldn't say forfeit, though. More like "compromise" 1 round. Look at it this way, people are compromising their entire squads just so they can have an even spread of players across the byes. However this is not fool proof as the SC Gods have a way of stuffing up our best laid plans with rookies being dropped or rested, our premo's getting injured and or suspended at the worst possible times....then we will all be venting that it was a complete waste of time even trying to balance out our teams to suit the byes.

That is a really good question. I wouldn't say forfeit, though. More like "compromise" 1 round. Look at it this way, people are compromising their entire squads just so they can have an even spread of players across the byes. However this is not fool proof as the SC Gods have a way of stuffing up our best laid plans with rookies being dropped or rested, our premo's getting injured and or suspended at the worst possible times....then we will all be venting that it was a complete waste of time even trying to balance out our teams to suit the byes.

yep exactly, im going for league wins as my overall is shot to bits. im undefeated in both leagues, so im going to take loses in round 8, im trying to build the best possible team and im not worrying about the bye rounds. hopefully i can get the loses back to teams that compromised themselves during the bye rounds

yep exactly, im going for league wins as my overall is shot to bits. im undefeated in both leagues, so im going to take loses in round 8, im trying to build the best possible team and im not worrying about the bye rounds. hopefully i can get the loses back to teams that compromised themselves during the bye rounds

Agree on both fronts guys. The question now for me is, who scores more out of Griffen and Swan from here?(Yes i know theres another thread with this topic). Like i said, i have Griffen in at the minute but every year up until this one Swans always been one of my first picked(No matter what the price tag) at $521,000 he represents great value. But so does Griffen at the same price. Buggered if i know who i want....

Agree on both fronts guys. The question now for me is, who scores more out of Griffen and Swan from here?(Yes i know theres another thread with this topic). Like i said, i have Griffen in at the minute but every year up until this one Swans always been one of my first picked(No matter what the price tag) at $521,000 he represents great value. But so does Griffen at the same price. Buggered if i know who i want....

if sc history is to go by then swan is a much better pick , as people have said hes avg 115+ for the last trillion years. i feel griffin will be not as consistent and wont score as much. im looking at getting in swan even though i have pendles and beams in the mids already. as people have said super coach is trying to build the best possible team you can, dont let the bye stuff you around!!

Whynothaveboth.jpg ? Swan this week and Griffen next week for around the same price...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back