Round 5 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news everyone
goodnews.png

Super saturday coming up with 6 games oddly enough.
View attachment 130458

Shitty Sunday now reduced to two disasterous games... :)
One less game for mothers day

I think it gets very tight going back from there too, seems odd yes. Guessing a few got a big jump early
Sloane, Hodge, Grundy, Goldstein owners probably and whoever didn't pick Newnes, Lumumba etc

I made my charge around this time with well thought out trades last year and took advantage of the extra trades in the MBRs, but the MBRs are later this year, a few of my upgrades weren't great and I wasn't able to get proper backline cover late in the year. So always seemed to be 50-100 points off every week.

Really playing moneyball at the moment, buy low and sell high but not sure if waiting too long is the way to go.

Sloane, Hodge, Grundy, Goldstein owners probably and whoever didn't pick Newnes, Lumumba etc

I made my charge around this time with well thought out trades last year and took advantage of the extra trades in the MBRs, but the MBRs are later this year, a few of my upgrades weren't great and I wasn't able to get proper backline cover late in the year. So always seemed to be 50-100 points off every week.

Really playing moneyball at the moment, buy low and sell high but not sure if waiting too long is the way to go.

Where are you sitting?

Yeah a few big pod players early certainly help.

I think a few little upgrades now won't hurt too much to try to get things rolling.

I'm just not sure which back or ruck to bring in so might just leave that & bring in a Shiel/danger for someone instead

Where are you sitting?

Yeah a few big pod players early certainly help.

I think a few little upgrades now won't hurt too much to try to get things rolling.

I'm just not sure which back or ruck to bring in so might just leave that & bring in a Shiel/danger for someone instead
6600, came 201st last year, would've been top 100 if JPK, Beams, Fyfe, Suckling, Pendles etc all didn't go down in one week and I only had one trade left so got rid of Beams for round 22. Spent like 3 months floating in an out of the top 100 until round 21. Miles and Stefan Martin were godsends late in the year so I'm extra cautious blowing trades on rage trading underperformers unless it's warranted as it'll hurt you late in the year, like all these stories I've heard about Judd Magic.

My only advice is where ever you are sitting right now may go down the gurgler with panicked trades chasing points. Sure if you're top 100 go for it trying to make ground up.

What the * do I have to do to score well!?!?

2111 this week puts me at 10,222 points for the year and just inside the top 40k.

I've done everything ******* right, made all the right moves starting with and trading in the rookies and the premos, and I'm still getting ass-****ed with a pineapple.

What the **** do I have to do to score well!?!?

2111 this week puts me at 10,222 points for the year and just inside the top 40k.

I've done everything ******* right, made all the right moves starting with and trading in the rookies and the premos, and I'm still getting ass-stuffed with a pineapple.
Show us your team, will critique if needed

2274 which puts me back up 1200 odd spots to 1252

Paid a premium for Sloane, and like a good looking whore, he really ****ed me hard.

given me 2 absolute murderings and now i am cooked. Am trading until its over

Show us your team, will critique if needed

May just be me, I think all the tools are in place. 2111 but just nothing from certain premos this week, Sloane, Swan, Smith, Newnes, Goldy, Maric all disappointing this week, which could've driven me over 2300 with decent games. It just never happens though, how the * do people get lucky enough to actually have all 22 payers actually score well at once!?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430696460.622778.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430696470.468412.jpg

May just be me, I think all the tools are in place. 2111 but just nothing from certain premos this week, Sloane, Swan, Smith, Newnes, Goldy, Maric all disappointing this week, which could've driven me over 2300 with decent games. It just never happens though, how the **** do people get lucky enough to actually have all 22 payers actually score well at once!?

View attachment 130479
View attachment 130480

It's a very good team. You won't be 40k for long with that lot. Just need a few of your premo's to find form, which they will sooner than later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May just be me, I think all the tools are in place. 2111 but just nothing from certain premos this week, Sloane, Swan, Smith, Newnes, Goldy, Maric all disappointing this week, which could've driven me over 2300 with decent games. It just never happens though, how the **** do people get lucky enough to actually have all 22 payers actually score well at once!?

View attachment 130479
View attachment 130480
Hold tight

Smith, Salem, Hogan and Sloane were burns this week, check how bad Sloane's injury is

Salem can probably be moved on now, BE of 44, move Krak forward perhaps. Lin Jong may be done in a few weeks or even now, he seems to be a 60-90 type scorer, upgrade on him? Bonti can be moved forward in a few weeks when Tarrant, Hogan or Lonie are done. Good rucks, no Pendles however hurts your midfield scoring power.

JPK on the cheap in this week perhaps? Shiel? Dangerfield?

It's a very good team. You won't be 40k for long with that lot. Just need a few of your premo's to find form, which they will sooner than later.
That's what I thought too, but I started at 35k and keep drifting out!

Hold tight

Smith, Salem, Hogan and Sloane were burns this week, check how bad Sloane's injury is

Salem can probably be moved on now, BE of 44, move Krak forward perhaps. Lin Jong may be done in a few weeks or even now, he seems to be a 60-90 type scorer, upgrade on him? Bonti can be moved forward in a few weeks when Tarrant, Hogan or Lonie are done. Good rucks, no Pendles however hurts your midfield scoring power.

JPK on the cheap in this week perhaps? Shiel? Dangerfield?
Kinda want to hang tight and not trade until the byes or a cow really moos to max. Think Salem still has a little left in him, though his draw over the next 3 weeks does him no favors. Jong has the Saints next week, can see him scoring another 90 and going up again. Bonts started forward, just had to shift him to mids to get Tarrant in.

Will have to have a look at who's who I guess and go from there. A little pissed at following the head rather than the balls in trading in Smith instead of Hooker, and Sloane instead of Mundy. Those could've set me up nicely. Paid extra and got a shitload less points for the pleasure.

Last edited:
Paid a premium for Sloane, and like a good looking whore, he really stuffed me hard.

given me 2 absolute murderings and now i am cooked. Am trading until its over

Yeah I traded in Sloane a couple of weeks ago too when he was averaging around 140 and since then he has had two scores in the 60s and dropped about 70k in price.

I'm considering axing the campaigner but no doubt if I did he'd go back to scoring 140s again.

Yeah I traded in Sloane a couple of weeks ago too when he was averaging around 140 and since then he has had two scores in the 60s and dropped about 70k in price.

I'm considering axing the campaigner but no doubt if I did he'd go back to scoring 140s again.

I am the jinx.

6600, came 201st last year, would've been top 100 if JPK, Beams, Fyfe, Suckling, Pendles etc all didn't go down in one week and I only had one trade left so got rid of Beams for round 22. Spent like 3 months floating in an out of the top 100 until round 21. Miles and Stefan Martin were godsends late in the year so I'm extra cautious blowing trades on rage trading underperformers unless it's warranted as it'll hurt you late in the year, like all these stories I've heard about Judd Magic.

My only advice is where ever you are sitting right now may go down the gurgler with panicked trades chasing points. Sure if you're top 100 go for it trying to make ground up.

The old Judd magic lol! Currently 58th so happy to have a small charge but won't bring anyone in I don't won't & wont be cashing in the cows too early

That's what I thought too, but I started at 35k and keep drifting out!

I was ranked 32k last week & am now 17k with the pretty much same 22 from the week before. Clark > Tarrant (78) & NVB > Cripps (86) the only change to my starting 22 from the week before. All it took to climb from 32k to 17k was a 2308 Rd5 score, which isn't a huge score at all. It's still very early in the season and there isn't a huge amount of difference points wise between a team ranked 40k & a team ranked 1k. I've seem plenty of 40k ranked teams that are better teams than some of the top teams. The only difference is 2 or 3 of the top teams players came out of the blocks in the first 5 rounds with huge scores where 2 or 3 of mine have got of to a slow start. Say I started with Hanneberry instead of Parker & Shiel instead of Griffen for argument's sake, I would be ranked 1k instead of 17k and that's just from 2 players. However, after 22 rounds I don't think there will be much difference between those 4 players overall season scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back