Unofficial Preview Round 5 Early Thoughts - Sydney Swans v Fremantle Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Razor Ray this week ? That's worth 4 goals to us.

I hear our players have been hitting the side of the inflatable barn at training. If only they can translate that form to match day.

I don't really fear their forward line. Walters is a major weapon for them and he's out. Pav is in decent form but he's not exactly a match winner anymore and I back teddy to at least break even. If ballas has a big one, well that means the game is over as he is a massive front runner.mayne is ok but his strength is forward pressure.

This game will will be won in the middle. Jack, Kennedy , hanners, mcveigh, Mitchell v fyfe, mundy , Crowley, hill.

On paper we stack up very well, not so much on form.
Tippett will be a massive in, he really forces them to man up.johnson is probably their only defender that can physically go with franklin but they prefer to use him as the spare man in defence. The Tippett selection means he will probably get McPharlin or Dawson and means that Johnson will have to play on franklin.

Il back our forwards in if the mids hold up their end of the bargain. We are still a very good team on paper and we are quite capable of pushing freo if our players turn up.

Let's go swans!!!

Good to see that Tippett will be back but I want to see how we play with Tippett, Reid and Franklin in the same team (hope we don't have to wait too long)

I don't really fear their forward line. Walters is a major weapon for them and he's out.
On this point, I think Walters is the type of player we need most of all. A natural forward, extremely dangerous in attack and can outmark the usual defensive suspects. Agree he's a big out for them.

I think you underestimate our battling with rain. Someone could tip a petri dish of water onto the field and the players would s**t their pants.

Have you seen how careful theiy are when the water boys come out, there's no spitting out excess water and Definitely no spilling of water when rehydrating

On this point, I think Walters is the type of player we need most of all. A natural forward, extremely dangerous in attack and can outmark the usual defensive suspects. Agree he's a big out for them.

Agree but they are a rare type of footballer, only a handful in the entire league, but he's we definately need one, would really compliment buddy and Tippett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2006 14 wins got you in the top 4.
In 2013 15 wins couldn't get Richmond in the 4.

The feel I get from this year seems to me that it won't take as many wins to make the 4- less easy beats, more upsets to start the year than I'd expect, only 2 teams unbeaten after 4 rounds, likely to be only 1 after 5.

I did watch the video and it sounded like Longmire thought anyone who believed the Swans were to tall last week have no clue what they are talking about.

That's ok it's his right to think people have no clue what they are talking about, just as it is those people's right to think he has no ------- idea how to set a forward structure and how the football gets into to said structure.:rolleyes:

Please can people stop going through Weatherzone, go to the BOM site, fine and sunny 22, but it is Sydney

I've edited the link into the opening post.

I don't really fear their forward line. Walters is a major weapon for them and he's out. Pav is in decent form but he's not exactly a match winner anymore and I back teddy to at least break even. If ballas has a big one, well that means the game is over as he is a massive front runner.mayne is ok but his strength is forward pressure.

This game will will be won in the middle. Jack, Kennedy , hanners, mcveigh, Mitchell v fyfe, mundy , Crowley, hill.

On paper we stack up very well, not so much on form.
Tippett will be a massive in, he really forces them to man up.johnson is probably their only defender that can physically go with franklin but they prefer to use him as the spare man in defence. The Tippett selection means he will probably get McPharlin or Dawson and means that Johnson will have to play on franklin.

Il back our forwards in if the mids hold up their end of the bargain. We are still a very good team on paper and we are quite capable of pushing freo if our players turn up.

Let's go swans!!!
I reckon Pav can still turn a match in his day. He's as fit as he's ever been right now. Kicked 4 last week including 3 from 60 out.
Also McPharlin is our usual matchup for Franklin and he has a good record against him. Has the pace and the athleticism to stay with Buddy and can outpoint him in the air.
I don't expect this to be the cakewalk some of your supporters are predicting in this thread. Things will click for Sydney at some point. Too much talent out for it not to.
Having said that, we are pretty well organised at the moment and playing with good effort from the playing group so I'll be thinking we should win on current form of both teams.
Lets hope its a good contest with no injuries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back