Unofficial Preview Round 5 Early Thoughts - Sydney Swans v Fremantle Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting changes, looking forward to watching. What has happened to Xavier? Seems to have gone backwards and been passed by Aliir

He's still a rookie and there aren't any more available senior spots, as far as I know.

And lol at perceiving Aliir being a sub meaning a rebuild. The list has so little experienced depth that a first year player was bound to be emergency at one point. Nankervis and Jones too. Our depth was going to be relatively poor this year, that was a given by the time our list had been constructed at the end of the draft period and a consequence of the Franklin deal. 2014 would be a year in which we'd rely on a lot of yo g guys stepping up in times of need in order to have better depth over the next few years.

Think Okeffe will struggle now , they said they want to use him this this due to match ups , well he normally goes to Fyfe so hmm. To be honest Fyfe would kill him now anyway ala 2013
injuries occur he is still vital

This is the first time I have felt excited about a Swans line up this year.
We have youth coming in.
BJ
Selected in the right positions
McGlynn iParker n forwards
Put Harry on ball
he needs to get more involved (would never have picked it)

Ruck concerns me
The D word

In: Lloyd, B.Jack, Bird
Out: O'Keefe, Rohan, Mitchell

Emergencies are Aliir(!), Jones and ROK.

Ball went in 66 times for 6 goals meaning the midfielders & ruckmen pretty much did their thing.
O'Keefe, Rohan & Mitchell unfortunately were the small forwards that failed to capitilise on any of those entries.
At least now the club is rewarding a youngster that has been playing well in the twos in Lloyd.

Ball went in 66 times for 6 goals meaning the midfielders & ruckmen pretty much did their thing.
O'Keefe, Rohan & Mitchell unfortunately were the small forwards that failed to capitilise on any of those entries.
At least now the club is rewarding a youngster that has been playing well in the twos in Lloyd.
He plays like he captains the ressies side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horse said they want Rohan to get through a full game in the 2s , leg must be still a worry. I think he needs the rod out asap.

Didn't he have it out last year?

Finally I have a side I can support with enthusiasm

jake lloyd has been very influential in reservres and a great replacement for Mitchell(who I greatly admire and he will be straight back after his injury). Have been watching him do some good stuff. Has great awareness for the whole team and pops up exactly where he is needed. Pumps the troops up and puts on plenty of back slaps.
Excitement is back in the side
Brandon Jack and Parker as crumbers with McGlynn our goal kicker last year (why put him back in the mids).
"These are the best 3 crumbers at the swans.

The kid has a great rapport with Naismith. A couple of Naismith's taps to young Jakie were gold in the highlights of last weeks match. good luck to Jakie he deserves to be in the side getting well over 30 possies every game so far. He has great disposal. I just wish they had picked Biggs as well and sent Rhyce to Coventry, as far away from the SCG as possible. Lloyd will crumb and he will play off the ruckman, one of the best natural rovers I have ever seen.

Still see it as a transition year,
Ageing stars will be challenged by our emerging stars
Tippett and Buddy need time to gel with the rest of the team and vice versa
A lot of injuries to established and other players

put it all together and the team needs time to gel

If we come in at eighth would not like to be the opposition

The kid has a great rapport with Naismith. A couple of Naismith's taps to young Jakie were gold in the highlights of last weeks match. good luck to Jakie he deserves to be in the side getting well over 30 possies every game so far. He has great disposal. I just wish they had picked Biggs as well and sent Rhyce to Coventry, as far away from the SCG as possible. Lloyd will crumb and he will play off the ruckman, one of the best natural rovers I have ever seen.
Naismith not named in the ressies either. Possibly injured

Very interesting changes, looking forward to watching. What has happened to Xavier? Seems to have gone backwards and been passed by Aliir

More a FB playing on the more mobile forward. Aliir can play on the real big boys like Cloke, so would be a slide in for Reg if he is injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back