Unofficial Preview Round 5 Early Thoughts - Sydney Swans v Fremantle Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Id put bird on fyfe , he probably doesn't have the athleticism to match fyfe but he will hit him and fyfe will be sore the next week. Bird can also push forward and score .

Crowley to go to jack. Hanners has to perform this week and alleviate the pressure on jack and Kennedy

But no Tippett so il give you 3 guesses as to where that ball will be going inside 50...I bet freo will guess it in one shot

Punts,

Unless someone goes to the injury list, I suspect that he cannot be upgraded. It appears that Lloyd has been upgraded as a result of the Johnson knee, so that means the list is full.
Lloyd has been playing well in 2s. Biggs has had glandular fever but seems to be playing well now after interrupted preseason.
Id put bird on fyfe , he probably doesn't have the athleticism to match fyfe but he will hit him and fyfe will be sore the next week. Bird can also push forward and score .

Crowley to go to jack. Hanners has to perform this week and alleviate the pressure on jack and Kennedy

But no Tippett so il give you 3 guesses as to where that ball will be going inside 50...I bet freo will guess it in one shot
but we have better crumbers this week.....hopefully it will stay inside 50 for longer

Superstar,

Only problem with Bird on Fyfe is Bird's lack of pace & lack of height. I suspect that someone like McVeigh will go back onto the ball, with Kennedy given the role to run with Fyfe (yes I know that Fyfe is quicker than JPK). I suspect that Longmire will be hoping that Kennedy wins more of the ball & puts scoreboard pressure on Fyfe, forcing him to defend more.

With McVeigh back on ball, this may still give us some extraction via centre clearances.

If Kizza is sat on by Crowley, move Kizza out to Wing or HF & put Hanners on ball. This would at least give us the ability to change things around.

Bird would be better trying to stop one of the Freo outside runners like Pearce or Hill though both are considerably quicker than Bird.

Great to see Lloyd get his chance, but I don't like our chances at all without Tippett

Never going to be the saviour with such along layoff but would have taken a key defender and drawn some of the defensive pressure away from Franklin. They will peel of and slaughter Buddy you can be sure.

Will not kick a score of more than 8 goals and will be beaten by the same margin minimum. Year will be over at 1-4 and those of you that want to let them off with its a transition year good for you. Never thought a flag was guaranteed as there are too many other things that can come into play but s**t form, poor game plan,bad injury management, and missing the top 4 with the list we have is not exceptable.

Never going to be the saviour with such along layoff but would have taken a key defender and drawn some of the defensive pressure away from Franklin. They will peel of and slaughter Buddy you can be sure.

Will not kick a score of more than 8 goals and will be beaten by the same margin minimum. Year will be over at 1-4 and those of you that want to let them off with its a transition year good for you. Never thought a flag was guaranteed as there are too many other things that can come into play but s**t form, poor game plan,bad injury management, and missing the top 4 with the list we have is not exceptable.
2-3 excuse me

Literally shed tears when I read the suggestion of Harry on Fyfe. He doesn't deserve that sort of mauling, shameful :(

I like Harry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If our midfield all pull their weight as McGlynn says then it should be a close game.

Freo are missing Barlow and Walters who are two very important players.

Also hate how Derickx and LRT are both in one team, horse should pick one and get a runner instead

Correct. Need to send LRT to CHB and play Grundy forward.

Contrary to some of the rubbish that certain people have been spouting, I think Saturday will be our day. Weather report says mostly sunny, and the blowtorch is on. Two Jacks in a team, only one Crowley.

There is a blueprint for how to beat Freo because the Hawks have done it. The blueprint for beating Sydney is not as straightforward because most of it has been self inflicted. If the boys show up ready to play, we will pummel them into a purple pulp.

Walsh is on the LTI as AJ is not , I understand Walsh is only a few weeks away from playing but he is still on the LTI and AJ is unknown

no Punts AJ is on the long term injury list. He is going on holiday to the US. He will come back and have a new LARS Surgery. We have two on the long term list.

If our midfield all pull their weight as McGlynn says then it should be a close game.

Freo are missing Barlow and Walters who are two very important players.

Also hate how Derickx and LRT are both in one team, horse should pick one and get a runner instead
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back