Unofficial Preview Round 5 Early Thoughts - Sydney Swans v Fremantle Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitchell has an ankle injury apparently. Also I'm very suspicious about Aliir's naming. Ted or Reg could be in doubt for the game?

That wouldn't be a recurrence of that ankle Mitchell injured in the Semi last year would it?

Contrary to some of the rubbish that certain people have been spouting, I think Saturday will be our day. Weather report says mostly sunny, and the blowtorch is on. Two Jacks in a team, only one Crowley.

There is a blueprint for how to beat Freo because the Hawks have done it. The blueprint for beating Sydney is not as straightforward because most of it has been self inflicted. If the boys show up ready to play, we will pummel them into a purple pulp.

Not really. All Fremantle need to do is spit on the ground and it's all over red rover.

Contrary to some of the rubbish that certain people have been spouting, I think Saturday will be our day. Weather report says mostly sunny, and the blowtorch is on. Two Jacks in a team, only one Crowley.

There is a blueprint for how to beat Freo because the Hawks have done it. The blueprint for beating Sydney is not as straightforward because most of it has been self inflicted. If the boys show up ready to play, we will pummel them into a purple pulp.
Your kidding right ?. One we are not the boot lasses of the Hawks and 2 the comp has had the blue print for Longmires game plan since mid last year ( even GWS lol and now where going against the best defencive coach in Lyon).
This is how I think the game will go , we will be lucky to kick 7-10 goals ( more rush behinds than goals maybe ). Johnson will not be to worried about LRT and will peal of with ease and will mop up time and time again ( high bomb against Freo will be funny to watch ).
We will under pressure more than any game so far this year ala Freo Final and will s**t bricks and just bomb away , Buddy will get pissed with the ball use coming forward and we will continue to bomb it on top of his head Mcharlin will beat him every time and Buddy will crack it and get reported ( don't blame him ).
Longmire has still yet to develop a Bigger/body run with player now that ROK is on his last legs so who goes to Fyfe ? this should of been rectified in the off season with either Smith or Rampe as nearly every team has one besides us , Hocking Ess , Guthre Cats , Crowley Freo , Mcaffa Pies and the list goes on , why don't we have one.
Dawson v Dericx lol. Fyfe to get 30+ and Mayne to kick 5 , Freo by 60

Dude, no offence but you predictions have been way off. Even saying you wouldn't post for a week if we lost to the Kangaroos.
Maybe Tip Freo and then we'll have a chance ;)

Ha ha true

Freo by 196

Where does it say that he is on the LTI , WOLFTONE

As soon as indefinite goes up against his name he is on the long term injury list. The club doesn't have to officially say so with the injury he sustained they automatically apply to put him on the list. I am presuming they didn't promote it as they thought it would be automatically reasoned that they would put him there. I think this basically says he is on the long term injury list;

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2014-04-16/swanstv-alex-johnson-injury-update

Your kidding right ?. One we are not the boot lasses of the Hawks and 2 the comp has had the blue print for Longmires game plan since mid last year ( even GWS lol and now where going against the best defencive coach in Lyon).
This is how I think the game will go , we will be lucky to kick 7-10 goals ( more rush behinds than goals maybe ). Johnson will not be to worried about LRT and will peal of with ease and will mop up time and time again ( high bomb against Freo will be funny to watch ).
We will under pressure more than any game so far this year ala Freo Final and will s**t bricks and just bomb away , Buddy will get pissed with the ball use coming forward and we will continue to bomb it on top of his head Mcharlin will beat him every time and Buddy will crack it and get reported ( don't blame him ).
Longmire has still yet to develop a Bigger/body run with player now that ROK is on his last legs so who goes to Fyfe ? this should of been rectified in the off season with either Smith or Rampe as nearly every team has one besides us , Hocking Ess , Guthre Cats , Crowley Freo , Mcaffa Pies and the list goes on , why don't we have one.
Dawson v Dericx lol. Fyfe to get 30+ and Mayne to kick 5 , Freo by 60
:(

This would have to take one of the biggest form turnarounds in recent memory to snag a win. Seen absolutely nothing so far this year to suggest we'll be able to go with Fremantle for half let alone 4 quarters.
Unless LRT moves to defence the Derickx & LRT selection has disaster written all over it. If they haven't done anything to address to forward issues over the week we work extremely hard but won't kick more than 5 goals for the game, while probably leaking at east that many easy ones out the back. Can't rely on defenders kicking half our goals this week.

Regardless good to see how Lloyd goes, hopefully he's not the sub. Brandon may be that small forward we need also (his form in comparison to a few others may make him a little luck to get the call up) but he needs to make the most it, Freo are well equipped to deal with the talls ,occasionally it's the small forwards that get away from them. At least there was a bit of a little shake up at selection this week, should have been one more though with the much commented LRT, Derickx situation though but still better than more of the same.

Hopefully Tippett dominates reserves, pulls up well and can come in and fix some of these issues...probably the only bloke we have who can deal with this long bomb nonsense, great contested mark. Be loathe to put him in the ruck though, so one of Naismith or Nankervis (or a rotation between the 2) should start getting some game time, this would've been a good game to expose one of them and get some great learning experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do we think the match ups will be
Teddy v Pav
Grundy v Clarke/Sandi
Rampe v Mayne
Laidler to get across and help out Reg/Ted
Smith v Ballantyne
Johnson v LRT
McPharlin v Buddy
Dawson v Dericx/Pyke
Mzungu v Hanners ( got the better of hanners in last years final )
McGlynn v Hill
Bird v Pearce
Crowley v Jack but I wouldn't be surprised and he went to Macca/Parker
Fyfe ?
JPK goes head to head with Mundy

Ignore the scoreboard i want to see us actually play football with some sort of structure rather than the unwatchable nonsense from the past 4 weeks.

We have been blown away by 3 top 8 sides so far and this week we play a top 4 side not expecting a win but some sort of improvement or just something that tries to improve our method of scoring.

Because last week was just ridiculous 66 50's for 6 goals against North.

Ignore the scoreboard i want to see us actually play football with some sort of structure rather than the unwatchable nonsense from the past 4 weeks.

We have been blown away by 3 top 8 sides so far and this week we play a top 4 side not expecting a win but some sort of improvement or just something that tries to improve our method of scoring.

Because last week was just ridiculous 66 50's for 6 goals against North.
Only 46 goals for the year. As you not expecting a win but if they give effort im happy because they don't even seem to be giving a s**t atm and please just some structure going forward.

Only 46 goals for the year. As you not expecting a win but if they give effort im happy because they don't even seem to be giving a s**t atm and please just some structure going forward.

For me it only took a moment to sum up our season so far, i forgot who it was but someone bombed it long to the wing at Derickx who was outnumbered 2-1.

That was the moment on the weekend which i thought we are in complete disarray.

For me it only took a moment to sum up our season so far, i forgot who it was but someone bombed it long to the wing at Derickx who was outnumbered 2-1.

That was the moment on the weekend which i thought we are in complete disarray.

I don't remember that bit as I lost count of the amount of times a Swans player bombed it forward to a 2 on 1 contest not in our favour.

Off topic but would any other members clear this up for me.... Swans members free parking says on the letter that members parking is only at Sydney boys high but the tickets say Moore Park and Sydney boys high?? Can you still use the tickets to park on the grass on the outside?

The issue is our use of the ball in the middle. Forwards are over rated. Look at the top teams where everyone kicks goals. Hanners, Jack, BJ, Parker, Mitch, Harry, JPK, Benny, Jets, Mal, Macca, Bird, Rampe, Shaw, Laids can all kick goals. If we are going to be competitive we need avenues to goal, not a one dimensional forward line.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back