Unofficial Preview Round 5 Early Thoughts - Sydney Swans v Fremantle Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just worried about the club and the fact that Longmire doesn't seem worried.

If there's one guarantee about Longmire, he will never, ever say how he really feels in the media. Taking what he says to journalists seriously or at face value is really fraught with danger. He is the most cliched speaker of any of the coaches in the AFL (a particularly cliched bunch of folks, at the best of times).

I'm sure he is concerned but he doesn't want to fan the flames by his own accord. He's a private, behind the scenes guy, the club has worked at its best since becoming a private, behind the scenes club.

Wasn't too impressed by horses comments, seems to think it's pretty funny that he made a blue at the selection table. Their is enormous pressure on the club at the moment...the last thing we need is to see the coach publicly making light of the situation

Wasn't too impressed by horses comments, seems to think it's pretty funny that he made a blue at the selection table. Their is enormous pressure on the club at the moment...the last thing we need is to see the coach publicly making light of the situation

It could be worse he could sound like Malthouse.

Superstar,

I actually do believe that we can & possibly will win. This could be the game that kick starts our season.

I said before the roos game, I was more confident at beating freo than the hawks. I feel like our team will look a lot different when kurt and buddy are in the same team. In a way it takes the pressure off the mids because we won't be as dependant on them to push forward and score this using more energy and they won't feel as pressured to use perfect delivery to a make shift forward. When they are running up the ground this week they know both buddy and kurt will be there and one of them is bound to be in a good position, so they should be more confident

Big wraps on Biggs and Bird in the reserves report. Reckon we'll see both if them in this week (bird's a given, I guess).

Membrey praised but asked to "build on this form over the coming weeks", so would be surprised if he got the call up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big wraps on Biggs and Bird in the reserves report. Reckon we'll see both if them in this week (bird's a given, I guess).

Membrey praised but asked to "build on this form over the coming weeks", so would be surprised if he got the call up.

Biggs for Shaw seems like a genuine possibility. I assume, if that actually does happen, we won't see Biggs elevated until Thursday though. Now that he's back to full fitness and playing really well each week and given he has shown he can play well under finals pessure, he must be a chance this week.

But he's no Naismith is he grimlock ?

Baja,

I would love to see Naismith get a gig, as at his height & youth, he might be able to at least partially combat Sandilands reach & give us a chance at centre bounces.

Who knows, Naismith has also shown an ability to put pressure on & take a mark up forward.

At the end of the day, a change of Derickx for Naismith might also give us a look at someone we all rate could be a long term ruckman at the Swans.

Amazing what youth can do for a struggling team lacking enthusiasm.

Baja,

I would love to see Naismith get a gig, as at his height & youth, he might be able to at least partially combat Sandilands reach & give us a chance at centre bounces.

Who knows, Naismith has also shown an ability to put pressure on & take a mark up forward.

At the end of the day, a change of Derickx for Naismith might also give us a look at someone we all rate could be a long term ruckman at the Swans.

From reports he has a bit of mongrel in him too. He'll get his chance it also seems he is better than Nankervis as a number 1 ruck but personally I cant really tell as we have no idea what actually happens in the reserves except from second hand reports on here, that I am still grateful for, most of my comments are just a bit of byplay with grimlock.

Unfortunately I think you are right.

...and if kiz has broken ribs as rumored they are going to be a lot worse after Crowley.

Theta,

Whoever Crowley goes to, then goes forward to take Crowley out of the midfield. Simple fix that the players must abide by & I'm sure that Longmire is going to do.

From reports he has a bit of mongrel in him too. He'll get his chance it also seems he is better than Nankervis as a number 1 ruck but personally I cant really tell as we have no idea what actually happens in the reserves except from second hand reports on here, that I am still grateful for, most of my comments are just a bit of byplay with grimlock.
Given Pyke is our number 1 ruck I take your statement as a resounding backing for Nanka to be out number 2 ruck

Given Pyke is our number 1 ruck I take your statement as a resounding backing for Nanka to be out number 2 ruck
I was going by the logic that Pyke is the ultimate number two ruck the way he plays even though he is playing number 1 right now.

Theta,

Whoever Crowley goes to, then goes forward to take Crowley out of the midfield. Simple fix that the players must abide by & I'm sure that Longmire is going to do.

He did that in the PF when he sent Jack to the half forward flank. In that case, it was a huge win for Freo. Jack was our most important midfielder at the time and when fit, still is. Or at least is tied with JPK. Freo didn't have Jack to contend with in his natural habitat.

Given he is supposedly battling with sore ribs, it might not be as much of a loss for us right now as his output is diminished. But generally, that kind of move is what Freo would be hoping for when Crowley gets sent to a gun midfielder.

Baja,

I agree. I just watched the reserves highlights and Big Sammy was pivotal in 4 goals. His ruck work caused the goals. He also kicked one himself. Steve Taubert is really doing a great job with this young bloke. his rucking is starting to remind me of Jason ball.

Going to the game, looking forward to it, despite the fact that I don't think we have much of a hope in winning.

Going to see the Best FF in the comp play, hope he has a great game.
Going to see one of the best midfields go against one of the best midfields.
Going to see Pav, Big Sandilands play oh and manboy Fife who is probably better than Jame (spit) Hird is on the field.
Going to see a real coach coach.
Lots of star players coming to Sydney will get to tick a few faces off the list.

Most of all going to support swans team, get some things off my chest. As the coach of Freo has stated they are a man on man team, no bullshit, if there's space its because they were lazy, we are going to find out a whole lot.

Looking forward to this match - get to watch a well coached team with a big midfield that is perfectly suited to the modern game and a genuine great tall forward. And also Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back