Unofficial Preview Round 5: St Kilda vs Essendon- Saturday/Etihad Stadium @7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really happy with the changes except for not bringing Lee in. The last two weeks it was mentioned that his fitness and work rate is getting there. Obviously needs more of a gallop but he's been in good form. We look a bit short up front.

Good to see Ross' good VFL form rewarded and Scheider will bring some experience to that forward line. Hopefully Savage can go back and work his arse off, he seemed to be cruising in 3rd gear.

I like the swinging the axe from Richo. Players will be in no doubt that if they don't bring effort (and they didn't last week) that they will not be playing seniors. No excuses (it was after a Perth trip). Really impressed with the changes.

Reckon you might see;

FB: Bruce - Delaney - Webster
HB: Newnes - Dempster - Ray
RK: Hickey - Ross - Montagna
CR: Curren - Hayes - Jones
HF: Saunders - Gwilt - Steven
FF: Billings - Riewoldt - Stanley
Int: Schneider Dunstan Geary
(Sub): Templeton

Think Pelchen had a bit of a say in selection this week, pretty sure all 5 in's are left footers! :p

And good foot skills too, well Schneider and Billings anyway, not sure about the others.

If we can start playing like Hawthorn I'll be pretty happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to say it but the Bomber's in's don't look to nice... for us that is,
  • Dustin Fletcher,
  • David Myers,
  • Patrick Ryder,
  • Paul Chapman

Based on previous games I think Chapman could beat us by himself.

Hopefully with Maister out Schnieder can play the part of a tall forward ( seriously he stands in the middle of a pack of talls, and somehow takes chest marks ).

well that settles that then.

Suspect Bruce to slot into starting 18 and maybe Gwilt at HFF? Hickey and Stanley to rotate between ruck and FF.

Congrats Bruce and welcome back Schneids.
I reckon so.

Gwilt back up forward, Brucey down back replacing him.

well that settles that then.

Suspect Bruce to slot into starting 18 and maybe Gwilt at HFF? Hickey and Stanley to rotate between ruck and FF.

Congrats Bruce and welcome back Schneids.

Gwilty might give it a decent go. In the olden days when they tried him there he didn't know his own strength. I wouldn't expect too many high flying species though.

This is why I really rate Richo.

OUT

• DavidArmitage (Knee),
  • NathanWright (Leg),
  • BeauMaister (Omitted),
  • BillyLonger (Omitted),
  • ShaneSavage (Omitted)

Yes were rebuilding, but we don't accept poor performance. If you go out there in the red white and black. Then your expected to play hard contested footy. An thats the bottom line... Thats culture.

Bit hard on Longer IMO.

Battled well in the ruck got to some good positions forward. Well worth another try.

Gwilt forward - dead set certainty.

HF: Saunders - Riewoldt - Stanley
FF: Billings - Gwilt - Steven

Didn't Bruce play forward for GWS at some stage?

Still, I reckon James playing up the ground a bit can be lethal because of (a) he would provide some much needed accurate delivery inside 50, and (b) Can slot a decent goal from 50 out.

Thats the big advantage once you have players like JWeb getting established along with Bruce and Keys... guys like Gwilt and even fisher can play either end for us.

I think Longer is just a victim of Hickey's great form.

If Gwilt plays back, there's going to be a lot of pressure on Stanley forward. I think it'll be good for him, and hopefully he can perform well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back