Game Day Round 5 - Sydney Swans v Fremantle Dockers - 240 pm WST SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

De Boer and Mayne were terrible today. Suban had 4 touches. He just doesn't get enough of the ball.

Sutcliffe made a few mistakes but he was far from our worst.

I thought it was a mistake to sub off Taberner, it's hardly his fault that we butchered all our forward 50 entries in the first half. Ross Lyon simply doesn't appreciate tall forwards much.

Fremantle mids need to stop being so conservative and actually take their shots on goal when they have the chance. At least 4 times today we had a guy with a clear shot at goal inside 50 who tried to pass it because they weren't confident enough to have a shot.

If we're not going to play talls, and our mids aren't going to try and kick goals, who is going to kick all our goals? At the moment it seems we are expecting Pavlich to kick our entire score. That is not a very good game plan.

Really we played pretty well in the second half. It was the first half that killed us. 2 goals in a half. Our i50s were awful and gave our forwards no chance.

De Boer and Mayne were terrible today. Suban had 4 touches. He just doesn't get enough of the ball.

Sutcliffe made a few mistakes but he was far from our worst.

I thought it was a mistake to sub off Taberner, it's hardly his fault that we butchered all our forward 50 entries in the first half. Ross Lyon simply doesn't appreciate tall forwards much.

Fremantle mids need to stop being so conservative and actually take their shots on goal when they have the chance. At least 4 times today we had a guy with a clear shot at goal inside 50 who tried to pass it because they weren't confident enough to have a shot.

If we're not going to play talls, and our mids aren't going to try and kick goals, who is going to kick all our goals? At the moment it seems we are expecting Pavlich to kick our entire score. That is not a very good game plan.

Really we played pretty well in the second half. It was the first half that killed us. 2 goals in a half. Our i50s were awful and gave our forwards no chance.

So you are saying tabs was good / passable ?
Getting him off at least gave us some pressure in congestion. Yes our fwd entries were poor at times but at a tight ground like scg the big guys have got to mark it or throw their weight around if they are to be effective. Tabs impact on packs was minimal at best, but their talls were equally ineffective ( buddy aside) .
I think we need to learn the intricacies of playing the scg better

Great game tonight, fellas. Bad luck.

Nat Fyfe, Mundy, Pav and Sandi were all fantastic.

Umpires were horrible to both teams. An absolute joke.

Hopefully we meet each other in the Finals.

Well no, I'm saying it's hard to blame him for the fact that every forward entry in the first half was terrible. Full forwards rely on your mids sometimes kicking it well. That didn't happen at all in the first half.

I just don't see the point of subbing him our from a strategic point of view. No other team in the league would sub out one of their 2 tall forwards in the last quarter. And there's a good reason for that. Runners get tired, but tall players don't get any shorter.

Oh yeah and forgot to mention that the free kick paid to Ted Richards (that should have gone to Pavlich) was the worst free kick I have ever seen in any level of football.

Well no, I'm saying it's hard to blame him for the fact that every forward entry in the first half was terrible. Full forwards rely on your mids sometimes kicking it well. That didn't happen at all in the first half.

I just don't see the point of subbing him our from a strategic point of view. No other team in the league would sub out one of their 2 tall forwards in the last quarter. And there's a good reason for that. Runners get tired, but tall players don't get any shorter.

Regardless of delivery he still wasn't making space on his opponent very often.
He had to be subbed because he was the weakest link, Ross shuffled some other height that play smaller through there and our versatility allows it luckily.
Was def the best choice for sub in my opinion

2 losses after round 5... where are we going to be after round 22.. 7th?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

We are 3 and 2, same as this time last year but with a tougher start to the season in 2014 compared to 2013.

Deboer goes, suban wasn't bad in the time he had, sutty I think is ok. But the worrying thing is mundy is off, Crowley has lost a step, Clarke goes missing, clancee is still lost, tabs was well shocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Four disposals, did sweet FA.

Getting him off at least gave us some pressure in congestion. Yes our fwd entries were poor at times but at a tight ground like scg the big guys have got to mark it or throw their weight around if they are to be effective. Tabs impact on packs was minimal at best, but their talls were equally ineffective ( buddy aside) .
I think we need to learn the intricacies of playing the scg better
Why? We go there once a year at most.

Hey The Black Sheep, my mum wants to know what you thought of the game?

LOL talk about getting under your skin. I was spot on when I said you were upset yesterday. I'd forgotton all about our convo after your soft utensil admins barred me from that thread. When you guys grow a pair, maybe I'll consider chatting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL talk about getting under your skin. I was spot on when I said you were upset yesterday. I'd forgotton all about our convo after your soft utensil admins barred me from that thread. When you guys grow a pair, maybe I'll consider chatting.

You didn't forget about it at all and its never good form bagging someone's mum, you copped your right whack, karma at its finest.

Hey all you midfield wannabes who want to ride for free during congested play... this songs for you!

Passengers by Elton John - off the album Breaking Hearts

Sing along everyone... (lyrics here: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/e/elton+john/passengers_20046838.html)

Deny the passengers, who wanna get on,
Wanna get on, They wanna get on....

and so on...

...Now that I'm done bitching, I think I'll cry into my beer for a bit... see you all tomorrow folks for the autopsy.:(:(:(

There are days when I wish this board was not quite so forgiving to trolling oppos. :rolleyes:

mate I mean no disrespect to anyone but The black sheep, he came on our board and basically hung s**t on my mum and the club.. I like Freo especially Ross. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back