Round 5 - Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

The away section last season during the construction was terrible. Was below ground level. Was at the SCG for the Ashes though and the stadium looks great. Hanging out for Easter now, will be a ripper.

Hey guys tiketek kept saying allocation exhausted for me so I rang the club and they took my details and said they will organise us tickets in the freo section closer to the game

If anyone wants to book and sit with the Freo supporters forget the ticketek website. It won't allocate you opposition supporters tickets for some reason. See below the email response from the club :

I can confirm that the club has a separate allocation of seating from Ticketek, I have passed your details along to our Ticketing Officer Tibbie and she will be in touch as soon as we have any further information to proceed with your ticket purchase.

Be interesting to see how well the ground pulls up after the baseball this weekend.. Massive achievement and moment, looks great. Believe the first AFL game is 6 days before we play at SCG right?

If anyone wants to book and sit with the Freo supporters forget the ticketek website. It won't allocate you opposition supporters tickets for some reason. See below the email response from the club :

I can confirm that the club has a separate allocation of seating from Ticketek, I have passed your details along to our Ticketing Officer Tibbie and she will be in touch as soon as we have any further information to proceed with your ticket purchase.

I just got my form from the club. To get tickets thru them it's $31.50. You can choose cheersquad or Bay 2. So looks like that's where the freo bays are

Yep.its right behind the SCG in the entertainment quarter. And the do massive meat platters and Litre Steins. Perfect preparation :)

In the Sydney media today Tippet back in full training and expected back for our game. But Reid struggling with a few niggles.

May have buddy, Tippet, Reid forward line for the first time !!

Will be a challenge but I think tippet may be a bit rusty

Um, has anyone taken a baby to the footy? Any tips? Will be taking my new daughter to this game, unless it's a bad idea? Suddenly a bit apprehensive!

Um, has anyone taken a baby to the footy? Any tips? Will be taking my new daughter to this game, unless it's a bad idea? Suddenly a bit apprehensive!

We did not take my son to every game when he was a baby. Tried to get babysitters most of the time. We had bought him a membership the day he was born so we always had a seat for him, but it is hard to concentrate on the game as a baby's needs always come first.

The downside to that is one day, when my parents looked after him. Pictures of him wearing a West Coast jumper appeared on Facebook the next day !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just don't have any expectations of what will happen and you should be right! We have been with friends and family who have taken newish babies to games. Some have slept the whole way through, some have been a bit fussy but ok, one had to leave in the first quarter as this kid was not happy and put on a tantrum that would have rivaled a Richmond fan after a loss!!

Just don't have any expectations of what will happen and you should be right! We have been with friends and family who have taken newish babies to games. Some have slept the whole way through, some have been a bit fussy but ok, one had to leave in the first quarter as this kid was not happy and put on a tantrum that would have rivaled a Richmond fan after a loss!!

When you say newish, what are you talking about? Am I crazy thinking I can take a 4 month old to the footy? I want her to get early exposure to purple, but perhaps next year would be more sensible. Blah.

When you say newish, what are you talking about? Am I crazy thinking I can take a 4 month old to the footy? I want her to get early exposure to purple, but perhaps next year would be more sensible. Blah.

My niece was three months first time my brother took her. She slept most of the time but got a bit fussy for a while, my sister in law got up and took her for a walk but she was good for most of the time.

There was a few of us though and we were able to pass her around and give my brother and his wife a break so they weren't holding her the whole time. They had one of those sling thingys.

Is anyone staying anywhere cheap and central (or in the Inner West seeing as I'm such a trendy apparently)? Or know of one? Considering booking a trip last moment.

Is anyone staying anywhere cheap and central (or in the Inner West seeing as I'm such a trendy apparently)? Or know of one? Considering booking a trip last moment.

SA if you check bookings.com or last minute.com you can usually get some good deals.

Unfortunately Inner Sydney is REDICULOUSLY overpriced for hotels.

We are building at the moment and staying with the In-laws. when my family came over from perth we all stayed in Wollongong because we refused to pay city prices.

I think Darling harbour would be cheaper too

You could try air bnb, I think you can get some pretty good deals as well. Had some friends do that and it seemed alright. Try darlinghurst, Paddington, surry hills area (inner east) if you want to be walking distance to the scg.

My niece was three months first time my brother took her. She slept most of the time but got a bit fussy for a while, my sister in law got up and took her for a walk but she was good for most of the time.

There was a few of us though and we were able to pass her around and give my brother and his wife a break so they weren't holding her the whole time. They had one of those sling thingys.
Thanks! Was going to try going to the sydney north game today for a trial run but it's bucketing down!!!

Not making it to the pub ! Kid has a cold so going to take it easy before the game.

Not making it to the pub ! Kid has a cold so going to take it easy before the game.

No worries JD. Might see you at the game.

We are coming up from Melbourne after going to the Force game Last night. And jetstar have changes our flight time bastards !!!!!!! So I'm only going to get an hour at the pub. Not happy Jan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back