CaptScott

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dockers
Hanley hurts in DT, was averaging over 100 points a game, was one of the best defender picks. Hoping beyond hope it'll only be one week (not likely). That being said whats the chances they'll say one week, and it'll turn into 6....

So Hanley > Simpson probably

Sheed > Crouch maybe

Really want to drop JJK and Caddy in DT but will have to hold and suffer their price drops and bad form.

Jessbek

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
Anyone worried about Rocky copping the #1 tag now that Rich and Hanley are out?
Moderately. But I'd say the tagging order would go Rich > Hanley > Redden > Rocky. So who knows. Maybe even Moloney. Rocky is just an accumulator, doesn't really have that much damage with ball in hand

West Coast Weasel

Club Legend
Jan 25, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seattle Sonics/OKC Thunder
When in Rome...
Caddy-> Lloyd

Leaning towards getting rid of Ellis, handy downgrade as he's currently on my bench with Polec

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
The AFL traders had some really good advice before the season but their advice on Daisy Thomas($16K increase, av 74.25) and Gary Rohan($39K increase) has proved to be a bust.
I'm doing OK compared to where I was last year, scored 2064 in fantasy and 1975 in RDT(with no score from Mumford and no sub rucks) but obviously well behind some other players. Made the mistake of using up my entire salary cap when I had unlimited trades so will have to cash in some reserves earlier than I wanted to. Xavier Ellis for Sam Gray gives me an extra $118K in fantasy to help get rid of a 40-point forward. Midfield's OK, I would be scoring much better if the umps gave hard taggers what they deserve but that's a question for another thread.

Have to trade for a ruckman in RDT as Mumford could be 1-2 weeks and neither Currie or Thurlow are playing. Big sauce(Sam Jacobs) from Adelaide looks a fair bet.

When in Rome...
Caddy-> Lloyd

Leaning towards getting rid of Ellis, handy downgrade as he's currently on my bench with Polec

Snap. I had both too. Fair bit of cash from the trade for Sam Gray($118K) and with what I already had($157K) and the value of the player I'm trading out($229K) it allowed me to get Shaun Higgins and still have $129K left. I have some low-scoring defenders so the cash balance will be important when I trade next week.

Last edited:

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Move Lewis Taylor from M10 to F7. One of Caddy/Mitchell goes into the mids. Put the E on him to use the emergency loophole (Ambrose makes it possible). Cloke > Martin before Thursday Night. Wait until Saturday afternoon to see who is the sub in the Sydney game (Rohan, Mitchell would be big chances). Then go Caddy, Mitchell or Rohan > Crouch with the two not traded to stay up in my forward line.

Pending no major outs of course...knowing my luck Thursday Night will be interesting :rolleyes:

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Mitchell>Lloyd and Caddy>Jacobs (via Thurlow Dpp) in AF. Leaves Mumford on my ruck bench for now

Already copped Barlow and Walters injuries in RDT so have blown 4 trades already. Keen to hold this week, but very tempted to do Caddy>Adams.

Won't Lloyd explode in price next week? I'm s**t at predicting with the new formula any advice would be appreciated.

Not really? I don't think rookies have shot up in price like they have previously. (Fantasy)

An extra week will give me another look at him... Rohan is currently priced a bit higher, so it might cost me a bit but either way I'm not doing this trade to make money. It'll really just be for some decent bench cover.

I only have two trades. If I had 3, Lloyd would be in this week;)

Apr 18, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah good point. Who knows if Lloyd was a fluke (although I watched the game and he did look amazing)

Will probably go Ellis -> Gray (need Tyson and his 90 average still)

And then either Rohan ->Lloyd or Cotchin - Rockcliff.

Urg...Can't believe they don't have previous prices listed on Fantasy. Ridiculous.

On Footywire looking at Dom Tyson - He scored 100+ in the first couple rounds and his price went up almost $100k for round 3.

CaptScott

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dockers
errgghh I hate injuries. Not only do you cop a bad score, but you then have to burn a trade sideways trading which sends you even further behind. So far

Titch > Lloyd
Hanley > Suckling

FantasticShirt

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2010
Melbourne + Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
AFL Fantasy is really pissing me off this year. Wish i'd gone with RDT or Supercoach.
Really hard to come up with a tactic for making decent cash.

I'll probably go M.Thomas > Gray/Crouch just to make some cash. Dunno what to do with second trade, have no injuries to manage (assuming Chappy is back) and all rookies still have plenty of cash to be made.

Who to trade in for Langdon?

Why would you get rid of Langdon?

Back