Round 6 AFL Fantasy trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan Griffen at 420k coming off of 32 touches (0 marks to lower the price even more), any takers for a cheap upgrade?
Yeah I'm looking at him keenly, gotta wait til next week to pull the trigger tho. His price will drop again, can't miss Crouch, and gotta ditch the dickhead Rohan.
Griff Fits my bye structure nicely.. bye bye Matt Thomas.

Yeah I'm looking at him keenly, gotta wait til next week to pull the trigger tho. His price will drop again, can't miss Crouch, and gotta ditch the dickhead Rohan.
Griff Fits my bye structure nicely.. bye bye Matt Thomas.

Yeah Crouch is too good to pass up, Griff can wait a week. Was being subbed off just precautionary as everyone has been saying?

Don't know which downgrade option to take out of Hallohan, Gordon or Robertson. Hallohan has the better bye round for me, but it's a hard midfield to break into although you'd think he would go close to tonning up against the Tiges if given a full game.

Hmm actually, i've thought about this some more and have some options that I want you guys to pitch in on.
So here goes:

A. Ellis > Crouch and Tyson to Cyril (via Taylor dpp) fwds complete.

B. Ellis > Crouch and Tyson to Hibberd (via Langdon dpp) Defence complete.

C. Ellis > Crouch and Tyson to Lloyd (save money)

D. Ellis > Lloyd and Tyson to Griffen/Ward/Fyfe/Watson

Basically, Do i need to get Crouch or Lloyd more - Feel like I have to miss out on one.
And am I better off playing 4 rookies (Polec, Dunstan, Cunningham, Langdon/Taylor/Crouch) for another week and suring up my defense or forward line so that I don't need to play any of the very low scoring rookies in those positions.

Based on what i've given please feel free to offer another avenue I could take.

For those chasing Crouch, how many rd 8 mids will that give you?

Crouch is my 5th. But he's one of the best rookies left. The nice one that got away for me was Gleeson.
Gives me 11 with R8 bye, still manageable if not perfect.

Good cheap sub will be Jamie Bennell from West Coast. Came on early against Port and scored 75. Has scored relatively well as a sub and the West Coast board seem to rate him. He's $219K in fantasy so a good downgrade and would have job security, even when Ellis is back. I've had him in my RDT and he's always in the team, mostly as the sub and often scores 60. Should be on the field at least 1 week then back to sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good cheap sub will be Jamie Bennell from West Coast. Came on early against Port and scored 75. Has scored relatively well as a sub and the West Coast board seem to rate him. He's $219K in fantasy so a good downgrade and would have job security, even when Ellis is back. I've had him in my RDT and he's always in the team, mostly as the sub and often scores 60. Should be on the field at least 1 week then back to sub.

Actually, I don't think he's been the sub even once this season, he's played full games every week. Currently he's definitely best 21 and barring injury or a huge drop in form I don't see that changing. We've sorely missed having a solid small defender and Bennell has been more than solid so far (especially in the last two weeks - the fact that he's lifted against Port and Geelong has gained him the respect of most of our board, we don't currently have enough players who lift in tougher games). Glad to see his performance against your mob caught your attention, some people on our board rated him BOG in that game. :rainbow:

Given that he's playing full games, 75 isn't a fantastic score but he wouldn't be the worst option at $219K. :thumbsu:

My low-scoring forwards and defenders have been killing me so I traded for some cash and have enough now to bring in Dangerfield for Sam Frost this week and I will be able to trade Langdon/Langford for Jaensch next week. Have to work out which is better, Langdon is on the same bye round so could be a better option as their scores are pretty similar ATM. However, I have two playing defender subs and I also have 2 other Hawthorn players in defence so it could be a good idea to move one out. Decisions, decisions. At least my scores are moving up. Could have won most of my leagues but for Selwood's 58.

And even just after round 5 I can say I'm at least going to beat last year's performance when I finished somewhere around 80000 with an average score of 1900.

i've gone cold on Gray Yellow Feathers scared me off

And Robertson looks better on paper anyway

So

Ellis - Robertson
Tyson - Jaensch (Via Langdon DPP)

Hallahan is still cheap ~130k, and i expect another 20k price rise, but that's alright, it will still leave him below 160k for next week,
Honeychurch a possible debut this week, and at around 130k will also be at around 150 odd to pick up next week

I'm thinking cutting Rohan > Honeychurch next week, and Georgiou > Hallahan (Via Langdon DPP) next week as well, it will only make me around 50grand but it cuts a couple of severe dead weights from the side which is good, plus the rest of my side still has money to make i believe, unless Langdon fails this week and he might find himself on the chopping block (but he has a handy bye)

Hopefully my side in two weeks will be

Rnd 8.... Rnd 9.... Rnd10...
Jaensch Suckling Hibberd
Swallow Birchall McVeigh
Langdon Langford

Rnd 8.... Rnd 9.... Rnd 10....
Ablett Macrae Jones
Pendles Treloar Dunstan
Beams Polec Robertson
xxxxx Hallahan xxxxx

Currie xxxxx Sandilands
xxxxx xxxxx Hickey

Martin Higgins Riewoldt
Lloyd HoneyCh Merret
xxxxx xxxxx Parker
xxxxx xxxxx Zorko

Ranked at around 7k, not too bad, but i feel my team is performing nicely

Might consider Georgiou>Cutler, though unsure of JS with returning players. Would have got him last week (along with a sneaky pod or two that no one's been talking about) but injuries have brought an end to that. Could be a blessing in disguise, would have been spewing if he's out right after I brought him in.

where is the skill? I think it adds to the game

Yeah, I love it in leagues. Really pays for those that plan their bye structure based on their opponents.

M.Thomas out throws a spanner in the works. I reckon I will keep tyson for the extra week now, he looks tired but could pump out a score or roughly keep value so worth the punt.

M.Thomas > M.Crouch
S.Frost > P.Dangerfield (I still want Fasalo but with 400k in the bank after these trades and rooks like slalem, honeychurch named I think the ship has sailed)

Do bulldogs supporters think Hunter will play?

Last edited:
Tyson -> Robertson
Rohan -> Fasolo/Dahlhaus

What are people's thought on the second trade? I have the cash for Dahlhaus, and 135k in change with it as well. Leaves me with ideally next week.

Ellis -> Honeychurch/Hallahan
Langdon -> S.Mitchell

Dahlhaus fits my by structure nicely and should score nicely, but Fasolo will make some nice quick cash. I think Dahlhaus is the right option, just some doubt in my mind.

My team with this option.

DT.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back