Preview Round 6 Changes and Pre-Match Discussion Vs Essendon (MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

*THIS OVERCONFIDENCE FROM MAGPIES FANS ON THE BASIS OF ONE ROUND*

Reality Check: Essendon will dominate with the return of Wunderbar Winderlich and won't embarrass themselves like they did last week. We're talking about a premiership contender vs a team sliding out of the top 8 this year. Essendon by 10 points, and if BASED BELLCHAMBERS comes back, look out it's going to be a 50 point flogging.
DUMB just plain DUMB :rolleyes:

Blair is one of those underrated borderline/unfashionable players who stands out for his deficiencies but who somehow improves the team as a whole and is really noticed when gone. Others include Brown, Goldsack and Macaffer (who along with Dawes were my favourites in the 2010 team).

I think eventually, Blair will make way for Kennedy, or even Freeman (as Swan spends more time in the forward half), but I wouldn't be moving on Tyrion just yet.

Adams isn't a like for like. I'd consider having a 2/3 rotation of Adams, Ball and JT with one missing out according to form, injury or opposition.

Just IMO.

Goldsack is also a maligned player, but there were 2 goals in the 1st quarter that came as a direct consequence of his defence. I think he might have kicked one as well. I'm a big wrap for keeping these players in the team until someone can match it and add more skill on top.

Interesting that when Bucks was talking about the defence he did not mention Langdon. Perhaps he will be making way for Adams?
In the presser today Bucks mentioned Langdon when talking about Marley, Seeds and Sinclair, so it would seem the only way Tommy is going out of that side is if one of those are fit and pushing for selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the presser today Bucks mentioned Langdon when talking about Marley, Seeds and Sinclair, so it would seem the only way Tommy is going out of that side is if one of those are fit and pushing for selection.

Certainly a very interesting week for selection.

United or the Yankees?
Wash you mouth out Jonno :eek::)

And in my childhood I was literally introduced, on the hallowed turf of Vic park face to face with these towering heroes (I was only 10 at the time at short for my age) I can still remember Terry Waters kneeling down to my height and signing my little autograph book . . . happy days, no longer possible in our time or security screens and such.

Oh and if you are wondering what happened to said book, my son has it as one of his prized possessions. Not only autographs but little poems and well wishes from the players - absolutely priceless!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

Goldsack is also a maligned player, but there were 2 goals in the 1st quarter that came as a direct consequence of his defence. I think he might have kicked one as well. I'm a big wrap for keeping these players in the team until someone can match it and add more skill on top.

This could be the year he really delivers. Would be a massive bonus for the side.

I hope we release Marley into the midfield and bring in Seeds to replace Langdon.

Agreed I really like Goldsacks and Blairs pressure / tackling, It really comes down to can someone offer similar pressure but more offensively?

Yep, he definitely helped set the tone. As I said a few weeks ago, if he can get a decent run of games in that role he may be able to provide a more consistent attacking presence as well.

Agreed I really like Goldsacks and Blairs pressure / tackling, It really comes down to can someone offer similar pressure but more offensively?

I don't like head bobbers but players who genuinely try and make the defensive contest and go past contest 1 to contest 2. Putting serious pressure on the opposition kick.

Exactly how I'd like to see it pan out, great to see we're in a position to make smart decisions like that. The depth is becoming encouraging.

off to my first ANZAC game since Anthony Rocca barreled a goal from about 65m out. Think it was about 97 from memory

Pretty pumped. taking the bro in law to his first AFL match. Hopefully its a great game

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back