Preview Round 6 Changes and Pre-Match Discussion Vs Essendon (MCG)

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
If it's first ANZAC Day game it rules out Armstrong, he played in New Zealand last year.

Buckley, Eade, Burns, Lappin, Tapping & Harvey all having a Latte & salad at Westpac coffee shop now, deep in discussion about tomorrow no doubt.
Harvey seems to be putting a strong case forward for someone or something.
They are ignoring anyone trying to catch their attention.
Buckley is listening only, as the others speak.

The Magnificent Seven

Bucks Lockdown Beard, The Sherriff, Rrrooocccaaa
Jun 4, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Buckley, Eade, Burns, Lappin, Tapping & Harvey all having a Latte & salad at Westpac coffee shop now, deep in discussion about tomorrow no doubt.

Are you hiding in a bin a-la Agent 13?

tve9356-19661029-133.jpg

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
He only played about half game time in the VFL last week, clearly not fit, and has just come back from OP.
What other training has he been doing prior to resuming playing?
How has he trained this week?
You say "he is clearly not fit" I understand he played 3 quarters and said words to the effect, he pulled up well and could have easily played out the last.
How do you know what his fitness is like?

May 27, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would have to be Ramsay or Armstrong to keep structure. Armstrong or Blair as sub perhaps depending on whether they want the forward or defender more for the full game. Karnezis also an outside chance. I hope not though. He's coming off a single game just recovering from injury.

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is good for us, from what I've seen of Essendon recently they've used Baguley as more of a rebounder. Elliott is pretty much the in form small forward of the competition so they'll want to play him pretty tight. Actually wouldn't surprise me to see old man Fletcher on Jamie.

That wouldn't surprise me but I expect the match ups to be something like this.

Cloke v Hurley
White v Hooker
Grundy/Witts v Fletcher
Elliot v Baguley
Goldsack v Hibberd

Our 6th forward seems to be a rotation of a resting mid which I'm loving the look of this season as Pendles, Beams and Swanny are all class around goals. JT, Blair, Ball etc will also play forward/midfield as well at various times.

POKsPies252

Club Legend
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is the weirdest crap since I can't remember... As if we have a debutant, if it's not Armstrong I'll be gobsmacked more than I already am

DaicosianMarvels

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
He only played about half game time in the VFL last week, clearly not fit, and has just come back from OP.
This.

You just don't bring a man who has done no pre season and has only played about half a game in the VFL for any AFL game let alone and Anzac Day game which is going to be more intense. If he is brought in he will more than likely be used as a sub which is a waste. The sub should always be a running player.

Yep they all did, did Dayne Beams as well? I remember him having a blinder in his first Anzac Day.

From memory (I could probably check this) Beamsy was straight into the team in his debut year, so probably not.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...

Follow Bucks into the toilet....and make him talk...

Kilmo

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
What other training has he been doing prior to resuming playing?
How has he trained this week?
You say "he is clearly not fit" I understand he played 3 quarters and said words to the effect, he pulled up well and could have easily played out the last.
How do you know what his fitness is like?
I know that he has the match fitness of someone who has not played a full match this year.

JOELY

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
From the VFL reports people suggested Karnezis was running out of gas by the 3rd quarter which is understandable with his limited pre-season coming off OP, and the fact that coming into the club the word was he needed to work on his tank. I think Vossy even mentioned this about him this week. So I'd be really surprised if it's him, my pick is Ramsay for a first gamer, or Adams if it's a first Anzac day.

Kilmo

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
From the VFL reports people suggested Karnezis was running out of gas by the 3rd quarter which is understandable with his limited pre-season coming off OP, and the fact that coming into the club the word was he needed to work on his tank. I think Vossy even mentioned this about him this week. So I'd be really surprised if it's him, my pick is Ramsay for a first gamer, or Adams if it's a first Anzac day.
Similar to why Tom Bellchambers is not playing tomorrow.

If it's first ANZAC Day then even an unchanged side has 8 first ANZAC Day players in it...

Going by the "first Anzac game theory", you'd think it will be Taylor Adams.

This. Adams is the obvious choice amongst those yet to play an ANZAC Day game. Had a ripper in the VFL last week.

Back