Unofficial Preview Round 6 Changes vs. North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not everyone's picking Ibbo for the team?

My understanding is he got through the Peel game fine last week, he's a starting 22 player therefore he immediately slots back into the side? Unless he's not completely right yet.

My final changes

Out: Ballantyne, Suban, Sutcliffe
In: Crozier, Sheridan, Ibbotson

My understanding is he got through the Peel game fine last week, he's a starting 22 player therefore he immediately slots back into the side? Unless he's not completely right yet.

My final changes

The appeal of Ibbo this week is that he allows Duff and Clancee more midfield time, which then allows Pearce, Mundy, Mzungu and Fyfe to push forward more often. The other option is Sherridan but I think Duffs delivery forward this year has been more impressive.

That said Ballas for Crozier is still the most logical swap.

Norths changes are good for us. Daw is a warm up for Nic Nat next week, Zeibell is 3 weeks out of match fitness, Tippett on debut v Tabs could be good & Wells out is huge.
We will get up by 4-5 goals

My final changes

Apparently he didn't lift his arm above his head all game. If he is 100% fit he should play, I am just not sure he is.

Norths changes are good for us. Daw is a warm up for Nic Nat next week, Zeibell is 3 weeks out of match fitness, Tippett on debut v Tabs could be good & Wells out is huge.

I watched Tippett in a few SANFL matches last year. He's a pretty damn good defender, at SANFL level at least. From Norths point of view I'd say it's likely Tippett would come out on top more times than not when matched up on Tabs. Very under rated. I had hoped we'd snag him as a rookie, until North beat us to it.

I watched Tippett in a few SANFL matches last year. He's a pretty damn good defender, at SANFL level at least. From Norths point of view I'd say it's likely Tippett would come out on top more times than not when matched up on Tabs. Very under rated. I had hoped we'd snag him as a rookie, until North beat us to it.

He isn't going to do the work that Thompson does the other way though which is where North will really miss him.
The other thing is he was playing for a real top echolen team in the SANFL, which makes playing down back a much easier task.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daw is a very different player to Nic Nat. I think Daw will only ever be able to play as a second ruck due to his height. However he is more than useful as a forward and will not be easy to stop. If it all clicks eventually for Daw he could be a very good player. He's a freak athletically. Also on current form (Daw kicking bags in the seconds) I really don't see how Majak is a warm up for a half fit, under-performing Nic Nat.

I've seen him take overhead marks deeper inside 50. Is a pretty reliable mark from what I've seen.

Makes the space with running. But can still take a good contested mark.

took nearly as many contested marks a game as mayne last year... and more than mj, dawson or sonny.

Is terrific running into space. But still underrated overhead I reckon. Usually slots them too.
The goal kicking thing is throwing up some strange results at this stage of the season but it does kind of illustrate where we are at in the forward line.
Total goals kicked
Pav (12) Balla (7) D Pearce (6) Gu & Creepy (5) ...
Accuracy
Sandi, McPharlin & Tabs (100%) Duffield (75%) Gu & Creepy (72%) ...
Avg per match
Pav (2.4) Barlow (1.5) Balla (1.4) Walters (1.3) D Pearce (1.2) Tabs, Gu & Creepy (1) ...

More generally we can say.
  • Despite all comments Zac has 1 goal from two matches vs Hanneth who had none from 3. Hitouts tell the same story.
  • Tabs is getting precisely 1 shot per match at goal which, quite frankly, is disappointing for a KPF though he converts them. I am willing to give him a bit longer to acclimatise
  • Trust both the Gu and Creepy for shots on goal. They're good for it.:thumbsu:
  • D Pearce might not have the same accuracy (60) but in that department he has it all over the Pav (48) and Balla (50) so let him ping away from wherever he wants.
  • Barlow is a bigger out than I realised:(

Daw is a very different player to Nic Nat. I think Daw will only ever be able to play as a second ruck due to his height. However he is more than useful as a forward and will not be easy to stop. If it all clicks eventually for Daw he could be a very good player. He's a freak athletically. Also on current form (Daw kicking bags in the seconds) I really don't see how Majak is a warm up for a half fit, under-performing Nic Nat.

That's why I said Warm Up. They are both athletically gifted ruckmen who can go forward and take a grab. Yes Nic Nat us under performing, but he's still better than Daw. Plus it only takes 1 game. Surely you see the comparison. I remember Daw winning the first hit out v Nic Nat.
Oh and yes, Thompson is their biggest out. Don't like the way he plays.Scrags his opponent all day

I hope Daw can be Stopped on Friday. Danger man

Seriously, we are worried about a guy who has played a couple of AFL games? First, he has to get the ball. Second, he is going up against tall, big bodied and skilled defenders who regularly make mince meat of considerably more experienced KPFs.

Majak is a warmup for NicNat for the commentators of course.

Daw will be lucky to get a kick.
Daw will at this stage of his career struggle 9/10 times but last year he kicked 6.4 in a game. That game alone shows he has the ability to have an impact. Whether it's tomorrow is another matter. It's probably unlikely but a Daw is probably more likely to kick a bag than say Taberner. IMO he's more of a threat than Currie, especially when Goldstein is rucking for around 70% of the game.

Yeah Daw is much better than Currie. Unfortunately that does not mean much.

I have high hopes for Daw long term but would surprised if he kicked more than one goal against a team renowned for its pressure and defense.

He isn't going to do the work that Thompson does the other way though which is where North will really miss him.
The other thing is he was playing for a real top echolen team in the SANFL, which makes playing down back a much easier task.
True. But make no mistake, he's a quality defender. He's easily good enough to quell Tabs. Up against someone like Pav, I'm sure it would be a bit of a different story. In saying that, I don't want to appear to be putting down Tabs, I'm stoked we've got him, but at both stages of their respective careers, I'd say Tippett is a little bit further along.

The goal kicking thing is throwing up some strange results at this stage of the season but it does kind of illustrate where we are at in the forward line.
Total goals kicked
Pav (12) Balla (7) D Pearce (6) Gu & Creepy (5) ...
Accuracy
Sandi, McPharlin & Tabs (100%) Duffield (75%) Gu & Creepy (72%) ...
Avg per match
Pav (2.4) Barlow (1.5) Balla (1.4) Walters (1.3) D Pearce (1.2) Tabs, Gu & Creepy (1) ...

More generally we can say.
  • Despite all comments Zac has 1 goal from two matches vs Hanneth who had none from 3. Hitouts tell the same story.
  • Tabs is getting precisely 1 shot per match at goal which, quite frankly, is disappointing for a KPF though he converts them. I am willing to give him a bit longer to acclimatise
  • Trust both the Gu and Creepy for shots on goal. They're good for it.:thumbsu:
  • D Pearce might not have the same accuracy (60) but in that department he has it all over the Pav (48) and Balla (50) so let him ping away from wherever he wants.
  • Barlow is a bigger out than I realised:(
Nice work.

Would be handy to look at what 2013 said as well, as its a larger sample. So it should tell us a bit more about what players can potentially do, rather than just what they've done this year.

Hope snd doesn't see this bit of the thread. Not a fan of stats. Fortunately he doesn't like these threads... so maybe it'll slip past his notice. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back