Chug!!
10k Posts
Feb 22, 2011
Loving the Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons
Put it all in hear guys, for me this week my team is looking stronger with the addition of
Dependlebury, should crack 2200 this week fingers crossed.

Well I have both Lewis and Hodge out... The bonus being I have almost $500,000 in the bank.

Salem to Glenn may be my only trade with all other rookies still making money.

I might offload McEvoy while I can though... Who to I'm unsure. I already have Goldy.

Well I have both Lewis and Hodge out... The bonus being I have almost $500,000 in the bank.

Salem to Glenn may be my only trade with all other rookies still making money.

I might offload McEvoy while I can though... Who to I'm unsure. I already have Goldy.

I'm in the same boat. Have Hodge & 500k in the bank. I'll wait a another week on Glenn though.

I was just looking at some of the bargains available, I can finish my mids with about 1.6 million approx in the next few weeks.

Cripps, VDB and CEY should all be worth around 1.3 million approx of that, Tarrant and McIntosh gone as well to make up the rest of the coin.

Geez there is gonna be a few teams that will kill it after the byes if these fallen premos get there mojo back.

^ why would you finish your mids in the next few weeks? We have Cripps, vdb and CEY averaging 85-100, and guys like Rocky and Ablett (beams, Parker, Selwood also cheap, and more) who could come in and go back to their best at dirt cheap prices.
If you're making upgrades over the next few weeks, best be finishing your fwds and defs, because you'll save a trade when you have to sideways trade a premium to Rocky or Ablett.

^ why would you finish your mids in the next few weeks? We have Cripps, vdb and CEY averaging 85-100, and guys like Rocky and Ablett (beams, Parker, Selwood also cheap, and more) who could come in and go back to their best at dirt cheap prices.
If you're making upgrades over the next few weeks, best be finishing your fwds and defs, because you'll save a trade when you have to sideways trade a premium to Rocky or Ablett.
Yep silly when they still have minus BE's.

yup. next 2-3 rounds are getting all dpp's possible before byes. mcgovin (completes f/b) and ryder (completes r/f) are my plans.
only other trades would be injury forced. ie clarke/heeney ---> glenn next week if there not picked. but id prefer salem--->glenn.
time to get my team all bendy before the byes.

? Can you explain that better please mate, don't think I understand what you are saying? I think you are saying exactly what I just said but in a different way aren't we? Or did I miss your point?

? Can you explain that better please mate, don't think I understand what you are saying? I think you are saying exactly what I just said but in a different way aren't we? Or did I miss your point?
You said you could finish your mids in the next few weeks, so I assume you want to upgrade guys like Cripps, CEY and vdb to Parker, JPK, etc for a small amount of cash. I'm saying if you do that to try get an 8 premo mid asap, you might miss out or have to sideways trade for guys like Rocky or Ablett who could go nuts after the byes. Get what I'm trying to say?
Basically what I'm trying to say is there's no need to rush to get a full premo team, because the players you bring in might not be the right ones. Haha hope that makes sense

Agreed.

My thinking is that the forwards are the way to go, for a few reasons:

- There are are few value picks around available for under 520k that could average 95plus
- Defensive starting/Round1 rookies are outperforming the forward starting/Round1 rookies and need more moo time
- Defensive premos are a minefield
- There aren't many, if any, forward rookies on the horizon.

Personally speaking, as tempting as a Goodes>McDonald trade is I might just bite the bullet and put 2 premo forwards in this week, which will give me 5 on the ground, with Robbie Tarrant being a decent F6 until the byes - when I can turn him into Robbie Gray.

You said you could finish your mids in the next few weeks, so I assume you want to upgrade guys like Cripps, CEY and vdb to Parker, JPK, etc for a small amount of cash. I'm saying if you do that to try get an 8 premo mid asap, you might miss out or have to sideways trade for guys like Rocky or Ablett who could go nuts after the byes. Get what I'm trying to say?
Basically what I'm trying to say is there's no need to rush to get a full premo team, because the players you bring in might not be the right ones. Haha hope that makes sense
Yeah agree with everything you said, it makes perfect sense and I understand what you are saying.

What you have stated is basically what I said but I probably should of explained it better. Ha,ha.

I already have the 2 Cola boys, so it is definitely wait and see on a few of the mid upgrades.

Agree on the fwd upgrades as they are scoring about the same as last year so that line next. Gray is next, and I will keep an eye on Dahl.

Backs I will wait and see.

Loving the great cash cow options so far this year, I hope they don't dry up anytime soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed.

My thinking is that the forwards are the way to go, for a few reasons:

- There are are few value picks around available for under 520k that could average 95plus
- Defensive starting/Round1 rookies are outperforming the forward starting/Round1 rookies and need more moo time
- Defensive premos are a minefield
- There aren't many, if any, forward rookies on the horizon.

Personally speaking, as tempting as a Goodes>McDonald trade is I might just bite the bullet and put 2 premo forwards in this week, which will give me 5 on the ground, with Robbie Tarrant being a decent F6 until the byes - when I can turn him into Robbie Gray.
I'm thinking the same.

Hogan -> Rockliff via Gray is almost certain to be done pre Round 13.

Although Hogan -> McGovern could be done next week. I'm 6k short but Hogan will gain this next week as long as he manages to scrape 25 points.

Rockliff will be the one to get in when that 0 is out of his system in 2 weeks time (if he plays this week, if not then 3 weeks)

Rockliff at 450-500k is too hard to ignore, he could be a straight swap for a maxed out CEY by then.
Not sure why everyone is so excited. Every single SC team in the country will have him making him irrelevant. If will become 29vs29 instead of 30vs30.

Not sure why everyone is so excited. Every single SC team in the country will have him making him irrelevant. If will become 29vs29 instead of 30vs30.
it won't be about his scoring, it will be about when to bring him in and who people trade out to bring him in

So is Fyfe and Pendles irrelevant?

The only issue with Rocky is the short term injuries/late withdrawals he cops every couple of weeks. I'd hope he does find some form though while that 0 comes out of he BE

The variable is who for and when exactly people trade him in. People went early on Tyson last season and kept Dunstan for example for a fallen Selwood, someone might give up on a CEY instead of a Cripps for example when one might still produce alot more points potentially on field and accumulate more value than the other.

Kelly gone, possibly for Jasper

Lewis to the bench for a holiday

maybe McGrath to Glenn but that does eliminate my late captain loophole option

Our Kliq matchup should be very tight this week, only 5 POD's.

Rance - Simpson
JPK - Pendles
Steph Martin - Naitanui
Goddard - Swan
Jasper - Bontempelli

Our Kliq matchup should be very tight this week, only 5 POD's.

Rance - Simpson
JPK - Pendles
Steph Martin - Naitanui
Goddard - Swan
Jasper - Bontempelli

guy on the left has it easily

who is that
Rance 100 from 4 kicks and 6 handballs Simpson 80 from 36 possessions
JPk 120 in a return to form Pendles 110 in a shock loss to cats
Stef 110 dominates to Nicnat takes a back seat to Lycett and scores 80
Goddard and Swan tie on 90
Jasper gets towelled by Bonts 90 -110

40 point win to bloke on left

The variable is who for and when exactly people trade him in. People went early on Tyson last season and kept Dunstan for example for a fallen Selwood, someone might give up on a CEY instead of a Cripps for example when one might still produce alot more points potentially on field and accumulate more value than the other.
True, I cracked it with both Dunstan and Tyson early last year and while it helped short term, long term I had to hold players I didn't want to and I didn't finish my backline. Peaked at 64th just after the MBRs but was never able to challenge due to players like Breust and Suckling spudding it up late in the year and I ran out of cash and reserved trades for Gazza and Beams when they got injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back