Round 6 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you spend an extra 150-200k on a kennedy or Selwood ? and miss out fixing other positions ?
It's all about dem points. I can fix a back and maybe go from scores of 60-70 to 80-90. Do the same in the midfield and I can go from 90-100 to 115 and the occasional 130. It sucks having potatoes spudding it up down back. But #realpolitik baby

Great ranking, well done! How you looking this year? I'm around 3000 odd, not doing as well as I have done in the past but still plenty of time left to improve. Backline has been my downfall.
Round one and round three have been horrible ranking wise. Got 1952 in 1 due to H Taylor, Griffen, Swallow, Newnes and a few others being duds. In 3 I copped Bartels knee and lost every league match (5) because of that and got 2027, worst loss was 118 which Bartel could've got if he had a decent day.

Was 67k after round one and 25k after round three but am 6600 atm. Would like to be 200-300 points ahead of where I am but I'm slowly getting there. Just need a breakout above par 2400+ type score to put me up a bit.

Round one and round three have been horrible ranking wise. Got 1952 in 1 due to H Taylor, Griffen, Swallow, Newnes and a few others being duds. In 3 I copped Bartels knee and lost every league match (5) because of that and got 2027, worst loss was 118 which Bartel could've got if he had a decent day.

Was 67k after round one and 25k after round three but am 6600 atm. Would like to be 200-300 points ahead of where I am but I'm slowly getting there. Just need a breakout above par 2400+ type score to put me up a bit.
6600 at round 6 is still a very good position, smart trading and capitlising on the byes could put you well up there. Also copped Bartel's 5, that week sent me tumbling down the overalls.

6600 at round 6 is still a very good position, smart trading and capitlising on the byes could put you well up there. Also copped Bartel's 5, that week sent me tumbling down the overalls.
I could not believe that no one else had him who I played that week (5 bloody opponents). Oh and I've been whinging about GOAUS and his league position in Bigfooty Dogs 1. He has only 16 more points overall than me and is 4-0 and top of the ladder, while I'm 0-4 and 17th and have the 7th most overall points in that league. Shits me this game sometimes ;)

Not sure why everyone is so excited. Every single SC team in the country will have him making him irrelevant. If will become 29vs29 instead of 30vs30.
Some people will wait to make sure any price rise is not a dead cat bounce.

Others will get him earlier.

Those who started with him and traded him out may be gun shy and not get him back.

Not everyone subscribes to Bigfooty groupthink.

Some people will wait to make sure any price rise is not a dead cat bounce.

Others will get him earlier.

Those who started with him and traded him out may be gun shy and not get him back.

Not everyone subscribes to Bigfooty groupthink.
I'd be dumbfounded if his ownership is not 60%+. Let's wait and see.

6600 at round 6 is still a very good position, smart trading and capitlising on the byes could put you well up there.
That's what the plan was last year but I made some horrible rookie moves to free cash up to get Pendles and Jelwood through the byes like Aylett :rolleyes: and dumping Tyson I think before he went on his tear, I did however average about 1950 through the byes and was top 100 for the week twice in that period which saw me get from 5k to 2.2k to 253rd to 90 something to 64th between rounds 7-12.

The week that broke me was when Cotchin and a few other popular types went off and Robbo got like 2800 and the weekly was 2965, I only got 2471 that week so fell way behind after that and couldn't progress any further. Held my ranking between 90-150 though until the carnage finals week happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right!
Hodge out for three, he's going to my midfield pine, taking Saad score via DPP, Unless Brown goes 80+ friday night then I will loophole.
Pendles into Shuey vc/c

Krak covering beams potential injury.

That's it from me, I'm getting married saturday (those bloody campaigners that get married in footy season!), will check in sunday night/monday and hopefully no late outs!

Good luck all!
#putyourbontsout

Right!
Hodge out for three, he's going to my midfield pine, taking Saad score via DPP, Unless Brown goes 80+ friday night then I will loophole.
Pendles into Shuey vc/c

That's it from me, I'm getting married saturday (those bloody campaigners that get married in footy season!), will check in sunday night/monday and hopefully no late outs!

Good luck all!
#putyourbontsout
Beams injury WTF?

Right!
Pendles into Shuey vc/c

Good luck all!
#putyourbontsout
Congrats bud ;)

Some really good discussion in here about the plans for upgrading over the next few months :thumbsu:

Like others have mentioned in previous seasons, everyone would be in a rush to upgrade their midfield first as this is where you get most of your points from. However this season is different due to the injured premo's (see Ablett, Rocky and so on). My current midfield is Pendles, Selwood, Danger, Fyfe, Ward and the rookies (CEY, Vandenberg, Heeney, Cripps, Gregson and Krak)

I can definitely see why people would be targeting the forward line first for upgrading as the scoring in the forwards this year is far more consistent than what is happening down back. The defence is a crap shoot at the moment. I had Shaw and Smith from the start. Smith has been terrible the last few weeks but I blame that on the Crows playing him the week after he got concussed. He should never have played. I took the chance with everyone else on Newnes but I am now prepared to admit that it was a mistake and this week I am going Newnes > 2015 All Australian Half Back Flank Jasper Pittard :).

After round 5, I am ranked 336 overall so the next few months are going to tell whether I am contender or pretender. I deliberately set my team around the byes and tried to have premo's spread evenly across the byes. One thing I will have to be mindful with possible upgrades over the next 3-4 weeks is to ensure that I get the right mix of players to cover the byes. I currently have every rookie in each line making coin which means I can't loophole players on the weekend. I have noticed with the top teams that they have a few vacant spots in their teams in order to do the loophole. I am hoping that I will be able to offset the point differential with the money I am making from of all my rookies whereas at some stage they will need to waste trades to bring in playing rookies and will have less cash to play with compared to me.

I am convinced that upgrading the forward line first is the right way to go about things this season and wait for the fallen premo's in the mids. Like most I will want to see how Rocky and Gaz are going before I pick them up. Plus the way Cripps and CEY are currently going, it will not cost too much to upgrade them when the time is right.

My only mistake at the start of the season is picking up the spud TBC. It was a last minute decision which I am regretting big time. I currently have him at R2 but I am thinking of moving him on this week for Grundy.

Keep up the good discussion. :)

Pittard has been a goldmine and only in 4.3% of teams too. So sirry not to have him!

Speaking of Ablett - gotta start putting a trust fund in place so I can get him in when it returns. He'll play one game then it's time to pounce.

Hey Nelso has Pittard got over his soft tissue Injuries? Can see him scoring like Birchall and averaging high 80s/low90s if he has an extended run at it.
He never really has had any soft tissue injuries. He played every game last year. It has been all about confidence. Prior to Hinkley coming on board as coach, he was always doubting himself. Hinkley said from day one that he will back him in and is prepared for the odd clanger here and there. Hinkley also says that Pittard reminds him of when he played on the back flank for the Cats.

The only thing that could hold Pittard back is if other teams finally wake up and start to play a defensive forward on him. But if you look at Port's draw over the next 7 rounds, I can easily see Pittard racking up at least 80 pts per game.

He never really has had any soft tissue injuries. He played every game last year. It has been all about confidence. Prior to Hinkley coming on board as coach, he was always doubting himself. Hinkley said from day one that he will back him in and is prepared for the odd clanger here and there. Hinkley also says that Pittard reminds him of when he played on the back flank for the Cats.

The only thing that could hold Pittard back is if other teams finally wake up and start to play a defensive forward on him. But if you look at Port's draw over the next 7 rounds, I can easily see Pittard racking up at least 80 pts per game.
Didn't realise he was durable last year, I remember in 2013 when he was a relevant rookie he copped something nasty that held him back for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back