Unofficial Preview Round 6 Early Thoughts - Sydney vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

for who though?
If we're looking to maximise our average height then it needs to be Reid for McGlynn or Jack, then Naismith for the other one.

Goooodseeeyyy!! So does he start and possibly get subbed off or does he start as the sub?
Hint: Our sub almost always comes from the four named on the bench

Then again it might just be a case of Horse not wanting to insult the great man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BJ is stiff as I think a small forward is what we lack
BJ, like Cunningham, like Rampe, need game time. If not for injuries we would not have Rampe in the team. We have an aging core of players who constitute a major part of our team. Interesting article about Geelong in the press where their success has been attributed to the fact that they make the hard decisions with regard to their players. A lot of their core senior premiership players have been cut (with dignity) acklogleging the fact that they have more or less to give the club but club says move on. Key here is dignity and reality. The article went on to say that the other (lesser) clubs think about making the hard decisions.....then they baulk.... then they do something else.
What club do we have at Sydney.
What hard decisions could we have made (keeping in mind what Geelong did)
How do we compare to Geelong with respect to
1. Hard decisions
2. Continuity of success
Continued continuity of success

Great to see the champ back, I am concerned at what they will do with him. I personally would like to him start as sub.

I know people say he needs match fitness but we need him in September, not round 6 v Melbourne. He has 16 weeks to get match fit. I would mind him being our sub for the next 3-4 weeks if it guaranteed him for for finals. Right now it should be about easing him into senior footy, allowing his body to adjust to the physical pressures again.

How derickx has played 6 games straight is Beyond me, he must be laughing

How derickx has played 6 games straight is Beyond me, he must be laughing

He is getting the rewards for hard work but I wouldn't be surprised if Reid comes in for him however I don't have a problem with him playing, if all the players put in as hard as he has for the season we would have won more games.

Also think horse has made the right call keeping Lloyd in the side . Not only does it help develop the kid but from a team perspective , it adds depth with senior experience.

Last year we limped into the finals and had to play jack, Cunningham and Biggs.biggs made his debut in a final and Cunningham and jack had only played a handful of games between them . All three were thrown to the wolves and luckily all 3 carried themselves quite well. It really could have backfired carrying 3 guys with little to no afl experience .

Assuming we have no injuries( unlikely I know ) for the rest of the year, the guys who are fringe players and fighting for the last couple of spots in the 22 are rampe( probably close to best 22 now), Laidler, jack, rohan( see rampe), Lloyd, Cunningham ,Biggs . Have all had has some experience. Hopefully we can get some games into Biggs and jones and the above players mentioned can all continue to contribute .

If we have as many injuries as last year, putting games into these kids can only help and IMO we will be better equipped this year to cover any losses of required

He is getting the rewards for hard work but I wouldn't be surprised if Reid comes in for him however I don't have a problem with him playing, if all the players put in as hard as he has for the season we would have won more games.

At some point, there has to be more than hard work as a requisite to to get a game. I hate to bash swans players but he just isn't good at football

At some point, there has to be more than hard work as a requisite to to get a game. I hate to bash swans players but he just isn't good at football

He competed as good as anyone on our list (except Naismith) could have in the ruck against Sandilands, I actually don't mind his competitiveness he does have a crack and doesn't drop his head, I do see what you see and are commenting on but I have also seen improvement.

He competed as good as anyone on our list (except Naismith) could have in the ruck against Sandilands, I actually don't mind his competitiveness he does have a crack and doesn't drop his head, I do see what you see and are commenting on but I have also seen improvement.

My main argument against derickx is his age, he really isn't going to get much better, nankervis is much younger and I don't think his output would be much lower than derickx at all if any, why not develop the player that will hopefully be at the club for the next 10 years.

My main argument against derickx is his age, he really isn't going to get much better, nankervis is much younger and I don't think his output would be much lower than derickx at all if any, why not develop the player that will hopefully be at the club for the next 10 years.

From all reports Nankervis is only just getting his chance at a crack of playing a first ruck role because of Naismiths injury and he has been played mostly forward in the ressies. Ive learnt not to get to excited about ressies reports.

Harry Cunningham follower... what?

SYDNEY
B, Nick Smith, Ted Richards, Dane Rampe,
HB, Nick Malceski, Heath Grundy, Rhyce Shaw,
C, Dan Hannebery, Josh Kennedy, Jarrad McVeigh,
HF, Ben McGlynn, Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Lewis Jetta,
F, Luke Parker, Lance Franklin, Adam Goodes,
Fol, Mike Pyke, Kieren Jack, Harry Cunningham,
I/C, Craig Bird, Jake Lloyd, Jeremy Laidler, Tom Derickx,
Emg, Sam Reid, Brandon Jack, Zak Jones,
In, Adam Goodes,
Out, Brandon Jack (omitted)