Review Round 6 - GWS vs Hawthorn, Spotless Stadium, 9th May, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back home. That was brilliant.

Sitting in the bay next to the cheer squad for a lot of it - seeing quite a few of Jezza's goals when he's marked just inside the line. Awesome.

Watching with a Hawks supporter in the final quarter where both sides were neck and neck. Thank goodness we brought Kenners back!

But topping the night off for me was the match winning goal for the Giants in the half-time Auskick being kicked by the young Prince.

Back home. That was brilliant.

Sitting in the bay next to the cheer squad for a lot of it - seeing quite a few of Jezza's goals when he's marked just inside the line. Awesome.

Watching with a Hawks supporter in the final quarter where both sides were neck and neck. Thank goodness we brought Kenners back!

But topping the night off for me was the match winning goal for the Giants in the half-time Auskick being kicked by the young Prince.
Better draft him soon via the academy before Eddie shuts them down!!!!!!

What a night! I have absolutely no voice left.

The boys were on song tonight - the perfect answer to all the critics from last week. Mumford was huge tonight - just ran through anyone that was in front of him. Jezza is back to his best. Griff and Patfull both had their best games with us, and Devon - wow! His snap goal from the pocket was as good as they come.

This win will be huge for our club - another massive step forward. The crowd was great. I reckon we had a lot of first timers there tonight for one reason or another, and with the quality of that game, and the game day experience at Spotless, i reckon every one of them will be back again in two weeks time.

Loved the fact that you stuck it up the hawks after Hodge and Lewis probably thought they could do what they did against north because a suspension against the giants wouldn't mean anything. Great win! your midfield is something else

The crowd was fantastic last night and even with 14k there Spotless had a great atmosphere. Giants fans aren't big in number but are big in passion.
The changes to the Giants side were spot on as more ability to shutdown players was required and Kennedy and Buntine were really solid.
I love the fast handball link up of the midfield when they rebound from defensive 50 (feels very Port Adelaide). It doesn't always come off but it is so exciting to watch.
The game had such familiar rhythm to the Giants Swans game of Round 1 2014 (bar the weather). I thought you could really feel the upset coming, and there was that point in the fourth quarter where the Giants were kicking points but it seemed like only a matter of time.
Is Dylan Shiel on his way to becoming the best player in the league? This guy is going to a fantastic player and I think will win a Brownlow one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won't talk about the many faults Spotless has, instead I'll just say WOW, totally worth the flight down. Sat in the bay next to the cheer squad and they just never let up.

Have I mentioned my love for Joel Patfull recently? What a GUN. Can't wait for his 200th in August - you guys had better beat thd Bombers or else!!!!!!!!!!!

A great team effort, the boys were all playing for each other and it's brilliant to see.

I won't talk about the many faults Spotless has, instead I'll just say WOW, totally worth the flight down. Sat in the bay next to the cheer squad and they just never let up.

Have I mentioned my love for Joel Patfull recently? What a GUN. Can't wait for his 200th in August - you guys had better beat thd Bombers or else!!!!!!!!!!!

A great team effort, the boys were all playing for each other and it's brilliant to see.
Faults? Spotless? BLASPHEMER!!!

Faults? Spotless? BLASPHEMER!!!
Even YOU would have to admit waiting 25 minutes for a feed is a bit much. The stadium could benefit from a few of the "pick up and go" style places like most other stadiums (bar Metrpong, god that place shits me to tears) have. Unfortunately Spotless seems to have borrowed a lot of designs from Metripong (like only one screen) albeit done far better (at least you can see the game while getting food).

The crowd more than made up for the faults though, much respect there!

Really admired your club's win over the Hawks. Your boys stuck at it for 4 quarters.

Shiel and Greene caught the eye in the midfield/forward, and what about big Mummy.

I can't remember who it was, but it must have been the second or third quarter when the best bump I have ever seen was made by one of the Giants boys causing a turnover.

Could have heard it a mile away I reckon. That epitomized the Giants effort IMO, they didn't let Hawthorn bully them at all.

Even YOU would have to admit waiting 25 minutes for a feed is a bit much. The stadium could benefit from a few of the "pick up and go" style places like most other stadiums (bar Metrpong, god that place shits me to tears) have. Unfortunately Spotless seems to have borrowed a lot of designs from Metripong (like only one screen) albeit done far better (at least you can see the game while getting food).

The crowd more than made up for the faults though, much respect there!
Sorry i cant. I love the place. Any stadium has long food or drink queues if you get their at the wrong time.
Only thing wrong with the joint is the lack of pubs outside the ground. And thats not Spotless fault but whoever built the surrounds.

Sorry i cant. I love the place. Any stadium has long food or drink queues if you get their at the wrong time.
Only thing wrong with the joint is the lack of pubs outside the ground. And thats not Spotless fault but whoever built the surrounds.
Actually, I've been to quite a few stadiums, and places like the MCG, the Gabba, Adelaide Oval, even Etihad you can go at any time to get food and be back in your seat in under 5 minutes.

Either way, it's still a nice stadium, just trying to be constructive. Constant improvement is the way to go right? :)

Actually, I've been to quite a few stadiums, and places like the MCG, the Gabba, Adelaide Oval, even Etihad you can go at any time to get food and be back in your seat in under 5 minutes.

Either way, it's still a nice stadium, just trying to be constructive. Constant improvement is the way to go right? :)
I agree your point about food vendors. Us regulars are unused to it as the crowds are usually 7-10k. With that changing, the vendors are under the pump. You are spot on about adding pick up and go options. It looks to me like there is the ability to squeeze a few of these in, particularly near the licenced vendors.

As we start to average over 12k, I am sure stadium management will bring in more vendors like that.

But, aside from food cues and a second video screen (which I don't think is an issue), any other issues? I have been to all the grounds you speak of, except the revamped Adelaide Oval. Spotless for me has been right up there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back