Unofficial Preview Round 6: St Kilda Vs Brisbane - Westpac Stadium NZ @ 7:45 NZST

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it still forecasting rain tomorrow? It could be an old fashioned wet weather slog...not the ideal advertisement for the game in NZ.

It will be more like a game of rugby in the wet so the locals will probably love it.

I think Richo's gameplan that focuses on winning contested ball and fast direct ball movement should hold up quite well in wet conditions.

Just a pity Armitage is out injured as those conditions would suit him to a tee but we still have Lenny and Lenny Jnr (Dunstan) to win the hard contested ball on the inside.

It will be more like a game of rugby in the wet so the locals will probably love it.

I think Richo's gameplan that focuses on winning contested ball and fast direct ball movement should hold up quite well in wet conditions.

Just a pity Armitage is out injured as those conditions would suit him to a tee but we still have Lenny and Lenny Jnr (Dunstan) to win the hard contested ball on the inside.

:thumbsu: Curren as well...

I know the jumper discussion is over, but I'm just going to throw it out there.
I ******* LOVE it and would be happy with it as a permanent away jumper - Do not understand the hate tbh. Perfect for NZ too.

323653-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

The Saints included Sam Fisher in their travelling squad, but the defender will need to prove his fitness at training on Thursday afternoon, having played one VFL match in his return from a hamstring injury.

"On the flight over we were pretty optimistic but he has pulled up a little bit stiff," Richardson said.

"We'll give him every opportunity. He's a great player."

The Saints will be without suspended forward Adam Schneider and Richardson said he was considering a like-for-like replacement.

"We brought over Trent Dennis-Lane and (Shane) Savage so we're certainly thinking that way," he said.

"Seb Ross was our sub last week so we're a chance to bring him into the game in a more meaningful way.

"We're really happy with the forward group.

"This is going to be a very heated game in terms of contests because of the size of the venue, so I think it would be pretty similar in terms of how we go."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-24/saints-at-home-in-cake-tin

My guess

FB: James Gwilt, Luke Delaney, Jimmy Webster
HB: Sean Dempster, Josh Bruce, Jack Newnes
C: Farren Ray, Jack Steven, Leigh Montagna
HF: Josh Saunders, Nick Riewoldt, Eli Templeton
FF: Shane Savage, Rhys Stanley, Clinton Jones
R: Tom Hickey, Luke Dunstan, Lenny Hayes
INT: Sebastian Ross, Shane Savage, Jack Billings, Jarryn Geary

In: Shane Savage
Out: Adam Schneider (Suspended)

I don't know who for the vest probably will be Shane, doesn't sound like it'll be Ross.

As I a few weeks ago, I'm not against giving the likes of Milera and TDL a go. They were at times very poor last season, but with a new preseason can come a transformed player. CJ has had 1 poor game but has been good in two others, and in the opening two rounds he was among our best. Excluding last week it has looked like he's really worked on his kicking over the preseason.

So why can't other players also have learnt more about themselves and how to play the best they possibly can.

TDL so far this season in the VFL

Round 1: 3 goals, 15 disposals.
Round 2: 1 goal, 10 disposals.
Round 3: 4 goals, 15 disposals.

Considering he's been playing as a small forward and sometimes thrown into the midfield to provide some run I think he's done quiet well. Obviously the stats aren't amazing but SF is one of, if not the most difficult position to play. With an average of 2.67 goals and 13.3 disposals. I think he deserves a call up.

Savage had one good game in the VFL. Give him another week, make him hungry for it. Fish is 50/50 and I'd prefer he doesn't come in this week and plays in a week or two and doesn't re-injure himself, rather than coming in this week and then going out again for another month or so. Would have preferred Milera as I believe he's been a bit more consistent. However, none the less out of the three we've taken over to NZ I believe TDL is the right change.

IN: TDL
OUT: Schneiderman.

As I a few weeks ago, I'm not against giving the likes of Milera and TDL a go. They were at times very poor last season, but with a new preseason can come a transformed player. CJ has had 1 poor game but has been good in two others, and in the opening two rounds he was among our best. Excluding last week it has looked like he's really worked on his kicking over the preseason.

So why can't other players also have learnt more about themselves and how to play the best they possibly can.

TDL so far this season in the VFL

Round 1: 3 goals, 15 disposals.
Round 2: 1 goal, 10 disposals.
Round 3: 4 goals, 15 disposals.

Considering he's been playing as a small forward and sometimes thrown into the midfield to provide some run I think he's done quiet well. Obviously the stats aren't amazing but SF is one of, if not the most difficult position to play. With an average of 2.67 goals and 13.3 disposals. I think he deserves a call up.

Savage had one good game in the VFL. Give him another week, make him hungry for it. Fish is 50/50 and I'd prefer he doesn't come in this week and plays in a week or two and doesn't re-injure himself, rather than coming in this week and then going out again for another month or so. Would have preferred Milera as I believe he's been a bit more consistent. However, none the less out of the three we've taken over to NZ I believe TDL is the right change.

IN: TDL
OUT: Schneiderman.
I hope TDL can turn his career around, but he has always been very good NEAFL/VFL player and not so good at AFL level. If he can bring his VFL form to the AFL he'll be a good 2-3 goal a game player.

Hope he can because i think we need a few more options up forward.

I hope TDL can turn his career around, but he has always been very good NEAFL/VFL player and not so good at AFL level. If he can bring his VFL form to the AFL he'll be a good 2-3 goal a game player.

Hope he can because i think we need a few more options up forward.

I reckon give him a chance being our small forward without that guy named Stephen Milne up there aswell and I reckon he'll go alright. Hard to be 2nd small forward and play consistent footy when superstar alongside you always gets the ball delivered to them and not you.

I reckon give him a chance being our small forward without that guy named Stephen Milne up there aswell and I reckon he'll go alright. Hard to be 2nd small forward and play consistent footy when superstar alongside you always gets the ball delivered to them and not you.
He had those chances at the Swans though and didn't do much either. I hope he can and become a 30 goal a season player (Am i pushing it??)

I also miss Milney. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't you guys have a vote to get rid of the paddle pop lion? What happened with that?

The vote got up easily. We're reverting back to the old strip at the end of this season.

My guess

FB: James Gwilt, Luke Delaney, Jimmy Webster
HB: Sean Dempster, Josh Bruce, Jack Newnes
C: Farren Ray, Jack Steven, Leigh Montagna
HF: Josh Saunders, Nick Riewoldt, Eli Templeton
FF: Shane Savage, Rhys Stanley, Clinton Jones
R: Tom Hickey, Luke Dunstan, Lenny Hayes
INT: Sebastian Ross, Shane Savage, Jack Billings, Jarryn Geary

In: Shane Savage
Out: Adam Schneider (Suspended)

I don't know who for the vest probably will be Shane, doesn't sound like it'll be Ross.

shave savage listed twice mate, but i know what you mean. i love the side. agree with the ins and outs

‏@nathantemp7 52s
Sam Fisher not training with @stkildafc in Wellington, looks like he's out of tomorrow's game against @brisbanelions

:mad:

What was the point of flying him over then?

Give him another game in the VFL and then he's right to go the following week against the Hawks if required. Now he's having a week with no football, plus the strain of flying to NZ and back... Just seems like poor management.

:mad:

What was the point of flying him over then?

Give him another game in the VFL and then he's right to go the following week against the Hawks if required. Now he's having a week with no football, plus the strain of flying to NZ and back... Just seems like poor management.
Nah, because the game is on Friday, those emergencies that don't play will go back and play for Sandy on Sunday. It's all good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back