Unofficial Preview Round 6: St Kilda Vs Brisbane - Westpac Stadium NZ @ 7:45 NZST

Remove this Banner Ad

:mad:

What was the point of flying him over then?

Give him another game in the VFL and then he's right to go the following week against the Hawks if required. Now he's having a week with no football, plus the strain of flying to NZ and back... Just seems like poor management.
But..... He doesn't need a few weeks in the VFL. :rolleyes:

Nah, because the game is on Friday, those emergencies that don't play will go back and play for Sandy on Sunday. It's all good.

Again, this seems like poor management.

So he comes home Saturday to play VFL Sunday. What sort of condition will he be in? He pulled up stiff and sore on the flight over so the flight home wouldn't be ideal prep the day before a game.

I'm still going to back the medical guys in to know better than I ever will, but it's not a good look imo. He was either never going to play or a very small chance. Either way it's taking a risk when we really didn't need to. Simpkin, Roberton and Shenton are right there.

Schneider is out so Savage can come in for him, which means if Eli doesn't play you will have to bring in one more.

Savage, Fisher, TDL and Longer all flew over. Fisher basically ruled out already. You'd think Longer only over there in case Hickey/Stanley get injured so rules him out... Just leaves TDL & Savage. Reckon both them come in for Schneids/Eli aswell.

I'd be disappointed if Eli was dropped. I know his stats weren't great on the weekend but his run and pressure was really good and he's had a pretty good month of footy. The forward line worked together well against a good side. Then again TDL could offer another option up front as he can play as a marking forward.

I'd be disappointed if Eli was dropped. I know his stats weren't great on the weekend but his run and pressure was really good and he's had a pretty good month of footy. The forward line worked together well against a good side. Then again TDL could offer another option up front as he can play as a marking forward.

Richo has only said good things about him. He must be clocking up close to the largest kilometres in the game and while his stats aren't as good as others, Richo has mentioned a couple times how good his defensive pressure has been.

However you'd have to think he's first on the chopping block should someone else be knocking the door down.

The Fact is, if you take out Riewoldt's goals, we average something like 5 or 6 goals a game. If you further take out goals by midfielders, that drops to something like 2-3. In other words, we have no really effective dedicated forwards, other than Riewoldt. Fixing that would be a really good idea. We can hopefully fix that by playing Lee when he's fit and up to scratch, playing a dedicated medium forward like Dunell or Siposs, and by playing a dedicated small forward like TDL or Schneider.

323687.jpg

I have a good feeling this fella will kick a bag ;)

Hope there are no Lions supporters listening......ssssssshh. Curran & Hickey didn't train with the main group. Even though it wasn't really a training session, more like kick to kick I was worried and Hickey looked to be walking a bit gingerly on the way back to the change rooms at the Basin Reserve. Hope Saints are playing ducks & drakes but not sure.....Fisher never got out of the tracksuit so assume will not play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eli.......what a legend. Staff had to get him to stop doing autographs, photos & get back to the rooms to change & catch the bus. All players were great, signed everything that was thrust at them, all photos without a 2nd thought. Kildonan would be over the moon the way they embraced the Saints supporters

Eli has plenty of time.

Ross deserves a full game and TDL can kick goals... and we seriously need another fwd option.

Don't get me wrong, but apart from cult status, Eli has only shown glimpses of what he is capable of, and is far from cementing his spot. Yes he covers the ground, but it is footy and not a marathon race.

Eli has plenty of time.

Ross deserves a full game and TDL can kick goals... and we seriously need another fwd option.

Don't get me wrong, but apart from cult status, Eli has only shown glimpses of what he is capable of, and is far from cementing his spot. Yes he covers the ground, but it is footy and not a marathon race.
The counter argument is his promotability, thanks to the hair and flair, in a game that is all about promotion. But yeah, I'm with you, VDS. I want a bit more firepower up forward.

The counter argument is his promotability, thanks to the hair and flair, in a game that is all about promotion. But yeah, I'm with you, VDS. I want a bit more firepower up forward.

We have to keep some integrity in the system. He has obviously earned his upgrade. But there seems to be one rule on here for dropping players each week, and another for Eli.

If Milera had the same game last week instead of Eli, I suspect quite a few would want him dropped based on his stats.

I will leave it to the experts. ;)

We have to keep some integrity in the system. He has obviously earned his upgrade. But there seems to be one rule on here for dropping players each week, and another for Eli.

If Milera had the same game last week instead of Eli, I suspect quite a few would want him dropped based on his stats.

I will leave it to the experts. ;)
Solution:

Untitled.png

I think TDL in for Eli is a good move actually; we need a few more goals up forward and TDL provided really good forward pressure last year as well. If we brought in Sav and TDL for Eli and Schneider I'd be pretty happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back