Unofficial Preview Round 6: St Kilda Vs Brisbane - Westpac Stadium NZ @ 7:45 NZST

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we all knew Savage was a lock to play this week even when we found out he was dropped last week. Don't think anyone will say they are surprised by change... Whether or not he truly earnt it guess we will never know and it's upto interpretation of his game in VFL on weekend.

Possibly and I can see the connection. Don't get me wrong.

But then we don't know what was asked of him and if he was told he would come back in if he did it.

Bottom line: If Schneider was available we wouldn't be having this discussion. So maybe he was next in line and got a lucky break.

Hope he goes well.

I don't know how big his family is but now we can expect at least an extra 3 or 4 people at the game now the Savage one is playing:p
After trying to find his feet in a new team the first few weeks & then some good numbers for Sandy last week im backing the kid in to have a good game.

In the best players & 2 goals. You read it here first ;)

Hope Savage carves it up. He got his chance rounds 1-4, wasn't good enough & was dropped. By luck of suspension to Schneids, he is back in. I'm certain he will play well, otherwise he'll be out again next week against his former club & I'm sure he'd be desperate to play against his former teammates

Would savage have been picked even if we weren't forced to change?

Would savage have been picked even if we weren't forced to change?

Probably not. Unless they were planning to drop Eli for example. So maybe another player kept their spot because of Schneids?

Anyways doesn't matter. It's done.

I say BRING IT ON!

PS: Anyone got the usual streams? Noid?

I didn't see Sav's VFL game on the weekend, so I'll give our staff the benefit of the doubt and assume he did what was required of him to get back in so good on him.

But he gave us literally nothing in those first 4 games, whether he had the sub vest or not. Will be disappointed if we end up losing a close one and Savage doesn't turn up again.

IMG

He may well have, but for me there were others that could have played ahead of him. He's a good footballer, but I don't think you can deny that the marketing element may have been persuasive.
Could add another $40-80k to our coffers by playing Savage..What a position that we're currently in..We've now got Saints supporters splitting hairs if Savage should play.. We've got a dzn Saints player's at Sandy in good form & worthy of a run in the Seniors....Without doubt, the marketing factor has played a part in his selection..Fortunately Savage did what was asked of him last week so, let's play the kiwi boy..We all know he's capable of our best 22, & playing in his country of birth might just kick start his season & bring a few thousand more kiwi's through the gate which means $$$$$$..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have to keep some integrity in the system. He has obviously earned his upgrade. But there seems to be one rule on here for dropping players each week, and another for Eli.

If Milera had the same game last week instead of Eli, I suspect quite a few would want him dropped based on his stats.

I will leave it to the experts. ;)
"Experts"...

I like it. :p

Probably not. Unless they were planning to drop Eli for example. So maybe another player kept their spot because of Schneids?

Anyways doesn't matter. It's done.

I say BRING IT ON!

PS: Anyone got the usual streams? Noid?
The two provided sources have entries at this point.

Can't confirm beyond that as its always a crapshoot regarding potential shutdowns etc. however they've been good for pretty much all sanctioned broadcasts the last 2-3 years.

Hey guys, is anyone over there right now? If so, hows the vibe? Is there a St Kilda presence being felt there? Any Lions supporters?

Vibe over here is great! Seen very few Lions supporters but feels like a massive saints presence here. Mascot waiting for us at the airport was a nice touch and everywhere you look around the city you see red white & black

Went to the Dawn Service this morning and there were plenty of Saints fans there along with Gilbo and Fish which I would assume would means he isn't playing tonight.

Players just walked around the city before and they're all in good spirits around the hotel which is a stark contrast to last year. Really excited about our club at the moment.

Just a quick question guys.

Is an ANZAC medal given out for BOG in these games (as with Ess v Coll)?

If not they should be, North Freo game too.

How's Hickey looking? Read a few reports he was looking very ginger and didn't partake in training.
He's a massive difference to your team when he's up and going.

Part DT question, but also a genuine fan of the guy and recon he can be a top 2-3 ruck in the future.

Likely to play?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back