Unofficial Preview Round 6 v Hawthorn Sporks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

When I was playing juniors in 2004/5 I probably could have walked into the 05 hawthorn side I was that bad ...
Maybe you should have. Would of had your first premiership medallion only three years later. Hindsight hey!!

I think they beat the Syds last year.
Working against Richmond this time is that we are coming off a (typical soft) loss to Geelong. We have won the next game after a Geelong loss every year since 2011 (6 in a row so far).

- Haven't played Richmond after a loss to Geelong.
- Have beaten flogged teams before and after you played Richmond in 2012 and 2013.
- Haven't lost to a side by 40+ points since 2011... oh except for Richmond :).

So what was your point again?

95K is a pretty high bench mark by which to measure or gauge home & away attendances in anyone's language....The high water mark for attendances was during the late 60's early 70's before fire restrictions & OH&S requirements became mandatory.

Our finals attendance record was 118, 192 in the 1971 Grand Final vs St. Kilda, we also had just shy of 100, 000 that year in the 2nd Semi final against the same opponent!

That said, our record home & away crowd is 92K out at Waverley in 1981 Vs the Pies, on the Queens Birthday round....I was there & we smashed em.....Unfortunately you couldn't move from your seat for all the aisles being chockers with people!...The gates were mistakenly left open that day & it was never to be repeated!

Speaking of bench-marks; If the Elimination final represents the Tigers high water mark these past 3 decades, then you've said more than enuf already to dispel any faux claims of being a Big 4 Cub/club!

The delusion of Tiggers supporters still hanging onto notions of a nostalgic past when they actually were a power club, is only matched these days by the level of denial betrayed by Carlton fans in thinking their a chance to win the Premiership any time soon!

When you have the third biggest membership in the league, after doing SFA in 30 years.... You can safely assume that the club is 'Big 4'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Win-win situation for the Hawks this Sun'd

If we win - we end the Richmond arrogance about facing Hawthorn.

If we don't - we'll make the grand final.

Imagine if you guys lose though! 2-4 with the Cats next week... :eek:

We'll win this comfortably. We'll give you nightmares.

We'll cause you to make wholesale changes to the side for the following week. Pretenders like Lloyd, Arnot and Gordon will be sent back to the VFL where they belong. We'll punish you for playing such a spud-filled team against the premiers.

We'll cause you to make wholesale changes to the side for the following week. Pretenders like Lloyd, Arnot and Gordon will be sent back to the VFL where they belong. We'll punish you for playing such a spud-filled team against the premiers.
Pretty sure you guys were saying this last two seasons, and then proceeded to get flogged by 60+

Not confident going into this, but I wasn't last two seasons either. Let's just see how this plays out.

We'll cause you to make wholesale changes to the side for the following week. Pretenders like Lloyd, Arnot and Gordon Grigg, Newman and Edwards will be sent back to the VFL where they belong. We'll punish you for playing such a spud-filled team against the premiers.

EFA

If a loss to the sporks causes changes like that, i for one want to lose By a s**t tonne.

Hardwick has the spuds but not the sack :eek:

Speaking of sack. Did anyone else notice the photo of Brian Wood on the RFC site ? Yep in all his glory...:oops:

- Haven't played Richmond after a loss to Geelong.
- Have beaten flogged teams before and after you played Richmond in 2012 and 2013.
- Haven't lost to a side by 40+ points since 2011... oh except for Richmond :).

So what was your point again?

My point was that you have beaten a reigning premier as of last year (was answering someone else's qn in thread)

you tiggas haven't won much recently. 10 grand final victories, the last one 34 years ago. but I think the 6 wooden spoons will continue to grow. lucky gws, Melbourne and the suns are in the comp now.
hawks by 6 goals

you tiggas haven't won much recently. 10 grand final victories, the last one 34 years ago. but I think the 6 wooden spoons will continue to grow. lucky gws, Melbourne and the suns are in the comp now.
hawks by 6 goals
Pretty sure Melbourne have in the comp for a while.
And whilst admitting tomorrow will be a hard game and we are not playing our best football i could name other clubs we are better than.

Brisbane, St.Kilda, Carlton, Bulldogs (yes i know we lost but we are still better), West Coast, Essendon to name a few

If you were to beat us which I highly doubt we couldn't use the term "beat us when it matters" because you guys don't get to that stage!

That"s what I"m talking about!!
Its a shame we wont be powers at the same time. Enjoy your peak while it lasts because with your ageing list i give 1 more year 2 at tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back