Scully2Folau

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2011
GWS
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
BOS:Celtics/Patriots/Bruins/Red Sox
On the road again with a trip north to face the Suns.

Outs:
Ward - concussion? Subbed out, so presumably will have to go through a protocol to return.
Frost - not sure if he returned to the field after going off late in the 4th with a possible hand/arm injury?

Ins:
Shiel - was listed as available this week (quad), get him back in there
Shaw - may return, was listed as 1 week (hamstring)
Mumford - listed as 1-2 weeks (knee), probably an outside chance this week but would be a huge boost to get him back. Fair to say he won't be rushed.

Still a couple of weeks away: Whitfield, Palmer, Mohr

UWS had a bye this week, so you'd think if anyone's next in line to get a callup then JOR, Phillips and Buntine are in the mix having been emergencies against the Crows.

I think fringe guys like Lamb, Williams and WHE who have come into the team did enough to retain their spots. Tomlinson could go either way depending on how the coaches see matchups vs GC.

Gee I hope we have our mature players all back on deck soon. Today would have been interesting if mohr, Davis, Mumford, shaw and shiel played.

On the road again with a trip north to face the Suns.

Outs:
Ward - concussion? Subbed out, so presumably will have to go through a protocol to return.
Frost - not sure if he returned to the field after going off late in the 4th with a possible hand/arm injury?

Hopeful for both of these. Frost came back on, and Ward looked pretty good after the game.

We will lose by lots.

I hope not.

I think the boys will be up for this game, simply because it's against Gold Coast.

But we're a bit undermanned at the moment. We're missing Mumford badly - his absence really hurts in the midfield, and unbalances the team. Not having Heath Shaw hurts as well.

But overall, there was a general lack of on-field leadership yesterday. They weren't playing for each other.

As of right now he's a maybe at best... Hopefully there's an injury update tomorrow, he was listed as 1-2 weeks last week.

Just hope it won't be one of those ones where it ends up being 3-4. IIRC Cameron said 2 weeks max.

Mummy's been in hot form this season, hopefully he can get back out their to bolster your midfield performance .

Greene offered one week by the MRP. Guessing it might've been for retaliation on Douglas?

I know some would like to see Toby out of the senior side and having a spell in the twos, but a suspension helps noone haha

Just hope it won't be one of those ones where it ends up being 3-4. IIRC Cameron said 2 weeks max.

Mummy's been in hot form this season, hopefully he can get back out their to bolster your midfield performance .
No doubting he and Shaw are a HUGE part of our improvement this year, Mumford is immense at stoppages in the air and on the ground.

As you said, hopefully it's not something that drags out. Shame it only really came about on match day last weekend or perhaps he could've had the procedure a few days sooner.

Not sure how many Giants fans plan on heading up to Metricon for this game but you should check out this link and this link if you are. Metricon can be difficult to get to if you don't know what you are doing so these links will answer any questions you may have. If they don't, then just ask in the thread and you'll get an answer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we likely to bring in Phillips if Mummy is still out? Taking the long view it's probably best to rest Mummy if he's not fully fit - even though his worth to the team is significant. Phillips is probably able to take a greater share of rucking duties, but Boyd is another monster up the ground.

Are we likely to bring in Phillips if Mummy is still out? Taking the long view it's probably best to rest Mummy if he's not fully fit - even though his worth to the team is significant. Phillips is probably able to take a greater share of rucking duties, but Boyd is another monster up the ground.

We're not dropping Boyd after one game, so Phillips would have to come in for Tomlinson, and you'd run the ruck like Geelong does - Simpson McIntosh (Blicsavs) - Simpson the pure ruck, Macintosh the ruck resting forward and Blicsavs the forward and occasional fill-in ruck and pinch hitter where needed around the ground learning the trade.

Ideally we'd be would be Mummy, Giles (Boyd) but for one week only you could do it with Phillips Giles (Boyd) - lot of work for Sauce but Giles is better in front of goal and that puts 4 talls down front :eek:- no team could possibly cover that) Lamb and Smith at their feet and the midfield mopping up streaming forward, it's a gameplan that could work.

Greene accepts one match ban for striking. Shiel will be the in provided he's fit.

Tests for Shaw (hamstring) and Ward (concussion).

Mumford (knee), Whitfield (foot) and Palmer (hamstring) still a week away.

Shiel must be good to go as he's not listed.

What exactly is wrong with Lachie's foot?? Initially thought it might be a bad laceration but the extended time out has me concerned it's some kind of stress fracture.

It would be easier to locate the Malaysian Airlines MH370 then it would to get a straight answer about our players injuries!

What exactly is wrong with Lachie's foot?? Initially thought it might be a bad laceration but the extended time out has me concerned it's some kind of stress fracture.

It would be easier to locate the Malaysian Airlines MH370 then it would to get a straight answer about our players injuries!
There's been no info anywhere on what the damage is, but he had a swollen foot after being trod on in the Saints game. That said, who knows if it was soft tissue or hard tissue...

How do you guys see Palmer fitting into your side? Integral part or just a bit part player off the HFF? Does he come straight back in?

Palmer is needed at this point in time. One of the few mature bodies we have in the midfield and he showed excellent form in the preseason. He looked like he was back in his rising star form!

Love the way your young boys go about their footy.... I was having a chat to a mate who supports Sydney and we both came to the conclusion that the gws vs suns is more of a rivelry then the Q clash or the battle of the bridge. Just wanted to know your thoughts?

That's ATM I know in the future that will change
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the way your young boys go about their footy.... I was having a chat to a mate who supports Sydney and we both came to the conclusion that the gws vs suns is more of a rivelry then the Q clash or the battle of the bridge. Just wanted to know your thoughts?

That's ATM I know in the future that will change
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally my animosity towards the Swans means that those games hold significantly more meaning to me than the Suns games.
However I do think the natural "new boy" rivalry we have is a healthier one and is probably at least as genuine at the moment :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back