Review Round 7, Richmond v Box Hill Hawks, 10.40am, 17 May 2014 @ ME Bank Centre (Punt Road Oval)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks resume their VFL duties with an away game to Richmond which is being played as a curtain-raiser of sorts before the "big blockbuster" game of Richmond v Melbourne at the MCG.

The Hawks will look to put behind them a deflating performance in the Foxtel Cup and preserve their unbeaten start to their premiership defence. Although currently 11th on the ladder, the Tigers are only half a game outside the finals, with everyone from Footscray down to Northern Blues sitting on 12 points compared to the Tigers' 10 points. In the meantime, the Hawks will need to win in order to maintain the pace up the sharp end of the ladder, with Port Melbourne snapping at the Hawks' heels on 20 points.

richmond.jpg

With a few Hawthorn-listed players likely to make their return to football through Box Hill this weekend, including two-time Premiership warrior Brad Sewell, here's an opportunity to get your football fix for the weekend, as Hawthorn takes on the bye.

The development squad, fresh from a loss at home to Frankston before their bye, travel to Frankston Oval to play the Dolphins again, albeit at 2.30pm on Saturday.

As always there will be live commentary from 3WBC on 94.1FM for those in Melbourne's eastern suburbs and online at www.3wbc.org.au and through the TuneIn app on your favourite mobile device.

Teams to follow...

Box Hill has advised spectators to take public transport to the game, if possible. Parking will be restricted to the Yarra Bend Park due to the AFL game later in the day. Spectators will be denied access to the grandstand as the renovation works on the grandstand are not yet completed. Away ticket prices will apply.

Box Hill has advised spectators to take public transport to the game, if possible. Parking will be restricted to the Yarra Bend Park due to the AFL game later in the day. Spectators will be denied access to the grandstand as the renovation works on the grandstand are not yet completed. Away ticket prices will apply.
I Hear Metro will have buses between box hill and Burnley this weekend....

Box Hill Hawks
B Kennedy Litherland Kelly
HB Wanganeen Mirra Brand
C Lock Iles Ross
HF Cust Webster Sicily
F O'Brien Grimley Ceglar
R Lowden Sewell Woodward
Int Lawlor O'Donnell Gordon
Thompson Andrews Walker*
Murphy Heatherley Collins

Box Hill Hawks
B Kennedy Litherland Kelly
HB Wanganeen Mirra Brand
C Lock Iles Ross
HF Cust Webster Sicily
F O'Brien Grimley Ceglar
R Lowden Sewell Woodward
Int Lawlor O'Donnell Gordon
Thompson Andrews Walker*
Murphy Heatherley Collins

Is this the team to play Port Power at Adelaide Oval.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is where the VFL bye last week has hurt us too as I have no doubt we would rest a player or two ahead of the Port Power game if Box Hill had played last week. We cant afford to give anyone 2 weeks without a game before playing port. If Litherland goes down for Box Hill this week we are completely rooted. He is the last semblance of a seasoned defender we have whose exposed AFL form is serviceable. He goes down we are into the unknown...

RICHMOND v BOX HILL HAWKS

Richmond
B: Batchelor, Darrou, Grimes
HB: Helbig, Dea, Petterd
C: Batsanis, Thomas, Young
HF: Gordon, Edwards, O'Hanlon
F: Banfield, McBean, Stephenson
Foll: Maric, Miles, Arnot
I/C (from): Bathie, Collins, Conca, Elton, Gleeson

Box Hill Hawks
B: Kelly, Litherland, Kennedy
HB: Brand, Mirra, Wanganeen
C: Lock, Iles, Ross
HF: Cust, Webster, Sicily
F: Ceglar, Grimley, O'Brien
Foll: Lowden, Sewell, Woodward
I/C (from): Andrews, Collins, Gordon, Heatherley, Lawlor

Development squad - Frankston v Box Hill Hawks

Frankston
B: Beech, Irving, Heddles
HB: Jennings, Sutton, Williams
C: Bastinac, Pongracic, Pickess
HF: Rolfe, Farmer, Whitty
F: Clements, Irving, Fox
Foll: Faik, Purcell, Pollard
I/C (from): Egan, Greeley, Helliwell, Mullane, Newman

Box Hill Hawks
B: Fisher, Thompson, Gibson
HB: Crocker, Colllins, Soccio
C: Cassidy, Andrews, Murphy
HF: Cust, Willsmore, Tobin
F: Goodwin, Gordon, Wood
Foll: Post, O'Donnell, Lawlor
I/C (from): Bond, Evans, Exon, Franetic, McEvoy

It will be a good test for Lowden and Ceglar to compete against Maric and Stephenson. We will have a better idea of where they are in their development vis a vis a good Afl ruckman and a very good VFL ruckman.
Best of luck boys.

Coodabeen Champions will be doing a live outside broadcast from Punt Road Oval tomorrow morning from 10am.

Sorry CrowdedHouse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back