Review Round 7, Richmond v Box Hill Hawks, 10.40am, 17 May 2014 @ ME Bank Centre (Punt Road Oval)

Remove this Banner Ad

Goals to halftime are: 1 each to: Woodward, Iles, Ross, Co

Sam Collins also scored a goal for Box Hill to make it 13!

Best according to VFL website: Ceglar, Ross, Kennedy, Andrews, Mirra & O'Brien.....No mention of Sewell, Woodward or Wanganeen!

tbh Wanga saw a lot of it, but gee wizz turn overs kill him.

Interested to know how Ross went, must be close to a call up as a matured body mid / flanker while Mitch and co are out.

Good game from BHH. Started off kicking into the wind and played a plus one done back - Kennedy. Good player this guy, probably a touch under sized for a KPP.

Sewell played on the ball and off the bench. Ran that game out well, even late in the game chased a bloke down and made the tackle so his leg is strong enough. Sewell was tagged by Thomas for the first half.

A very strong game from Woody. Spent a fair amount of time on a HFF, moved around and covered a lot of ground. Hunts the ball elitely of if that is not a word, with eliteness. If not BOG, he was close enough. Does not fumble and even took a few strong grabs.

Gus L was on Aaron Edwards. Edwards picked up mostly soft possessions so a win to us. Gus was far more attacking today, as was Kelly, hopefully the penny has dropped with these two that they need to do more.

TO is not a player, he is a delightful sonata. When he is unbodied he gets the footy so cleanly. Took some nice tall marks, kicked a few, good game.

Sicily needs to play AFL this season. Saw him working at a stoppage, he tracks the ball well and is quick and clever, plus he goes around belting people. What's not to like? At the start of the third Q, I looked at our forwardline and every Tig back was roughing up their direct BHH opponent, except Jimmy's who stood two metres of him.

Cegs will be in the best again. Best ruck on the ground. Could nearly come in this week. He is the form player at BHH.

Webster has been moved from a forward to an on-baller. Disposal needs work everything else is nice.

Brand Power was a FB. Good defensive game against some very big bodies. Not AFL ready but coming along.

Grim played FF and was poor.

Interested to know how Ross went, must be close to a call up as a matured body mid / flanker while Mitch and co are out.
Thought his third quarter running into the breeze was brilliant. Very creative. Played the last on the wing and did not seem to have as much impact. In fairness the game lost a bit of sting in the last, you could tell because Edwards and Petterd started finding the ball.

Good game from BHH. Started off kicking into the wind and played a plus one done back - Kennedy. Good player this guy, probably a touch under sized for a KPP.

Sewell played on the ball and off the bench. Ran that game out well, even late in the game chased a bloke down and made the tackle so his leg is strong enough. Sewell was tagged by Thomas for the first half.

A very strong game from Woody. Spent a fair amount of time on a HFF, moved around and covered a lot of ground. Hunts the ball elitely of if that is not a word, with eliteness. If not BOG, he was close enough. Does not fumble and even took a few strong grabs.

Gus L was on Aaron Edwards. Edwards picked up mostly soft possessions so a win to us. Gus was far more attacking today, as was Kelly, hopefully the penny has dropped with these two that they need to do more.

TO is not a player, he is a delightful sonata. When he is unbodied he gets the footy so cleanly. Took some nice tall marks, kicked a few, good game.

Sicily needs to play AFL this season. Saw him working at a stoppage, he tracks the ball well and is quick and clever, plus he goes around belting people. What's not to like? At the start of the third Q, I looked at our forwardline and every Tig back was roughing up their direct BHH opponent, except Jimmy's who stood two metres of him.

Cegs will be in the best again. Best ruck on the ground. Could nearly come in this week. He is the form player at BHH.

Webster has been moved from a forward to an on-baller. Disposal needs work everything else is nice.

Brand Power was a FB. Good defensive game against some very big bodies. Not AFL ready but coming along.

Grim played FF and was poor.

How'd you see Wanganeen ESC?

:eek:

Another flogging for Frankston from a Box Hill side by the looks of it!

They beat us in this very game not 2 weeks ago, what with half the blokes missing due to the foxtel Cup game the following tuesday!...Probably why we are so keen to atone for it today I'd say!

Full Time in Development game: Box Hill 21.19.145 Defeated Frankston 6.4.40 by a whopping 105 Points!

Goals: McEvoy 4, Gordon 3, Willsmore 3, Northe 3, O'Donnell 2, Lawlor, Exon, Tobin, Goodwin Cassidy, Evans

Best: O' Donnell, Northe, Wiilsmore, Thompson, Miles, Lawlor.

Details according to VFL Score-centre Website.

Last edited:
They beat us in this very game not 2 weeks ago, what with half the blokes missing due to the foxtel Cup game the following tuesday!...Probably why we are so keen to atone for it today I'd say!

Yes, I forgot that, I was thinking of the 100+ point thrashing the Box Hill team gave Frankston on the same day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see Ceglar named in our best players. No mean feat when confronting Maric ( albeit returning from injury) and Stephenson.
He seems to have really grabbed his chances and seems to be well ahead of Lowden and Grimley as the No 3 ruckman.
Well done son. No substitute for hard work.

Am I correct in thinking the McEvoy named in the goal kickers is a younger sibling of our Big Boy?

Yes you are & yes he is...Peter McEvoy: 195 cm 27/7/91....Went to Uni in Hobart Tasmania & returned to the mainland this year!

He has kicked 17 Goals in 6 games for the Development squad this year as the key forward!

Great game from BHH at Punt Rd Oval. Great to attend a game at the oval I've past for so many years on the way to the G.

Thought Woodward was outstanding, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't debut this year. Solid body, quick, good foot skills, good overhead mark, hard worker and a lot of class about him. Clarko was at the game, would have been impressed.

Gus was solid, worked very hard and leads the backline well. Personally didn't think Kelly worked hard enough or did enough. Heatherly has a lot to learn.

O'Brien was a good lead up target, kicked some nice goals. Will hope he starts to work on other areas of his game.

Sicily was ok, looks to be a natural competitor, leads to the right spots. Very promising.

Was nice to see the boys happy to see big Max Bailey after the game too.

My
2cents.gif
on the inclusions having watched today's game at Punt Road.
With our three forced outs, I can see Hawthorn bringing IN:
Hodge, Sewell (possible sub), and Ceglar.
Hodge plays in the backline as that loose Gibbo 3rd man up.
Sewell looked very good today. A clear cut above the rest at VFL-level.
And Ceglar comes in because he was our best tall target in the forward 50.
It means that Hale and Cegs can rotate in the ruck and could give us an ace-in-the-hole if we could somehow get McEvoy down back as a loose player.

Woodward a bit stiff not to debut but he will get the chance next week against GWS.

I can see Wanganeen and Tim O'Brien as traveling emergencies- being good Adelaide boys they get to go home.
Of course, their on the first plane in the morning so they can make it to Box Hill City Oval to take on Port Melbourne.
Its a great weekend with 1 v 2 in the AFL on Saturday night and then 1 v 2 in the VFL on Sunday.

Can anyone who saw the match tell me how Ceglar and Lowden played today against Maric and Stephenson?
A big test for our boys.
I can see why the Tigs miss Maric. He does not do that much but he charges around and competes hard. Good honest player.

Cegs took Maric and the Big O on and had the better of both. Stephenson is your classic big body ruck, Cegs was able to hold his ground and won his fair share. His tap work is the best on our list, his hits to advantage are as good as any ruck going around. The only knock on him has been his second efforts, he has made a massive improvement in this area.

Cegs, this season, has been named in the best four times, played well V the Suns and was serviceable V Sandilands. Great to see someone get thrown a lifeline and grab it with both hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back