Preview Round 7 vs St.Kilda - A historical perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

The one game that sticks out is in 1992 at PP. Saints, had Lockett running wild & led by 5 odd goals at half time. Dorotich went onto Lockett, shut him out of the game, and Rhino O'Sullivan went totally bunta in the 3rd quarter and kicked 4 goals. Reckon we got home by a couple of points in a classic.

Also remember they shut the gates that day, total lockout.

The other one that stands out is Round 22 1978, Saints had to win, and Geelong had to lose for the Saints to make the finals. Jezza had taken over as coach, and we were white hot, had barely lost a game under him. Moorabin was jam packed, and the Saints had the old knuckle squad running about, Ditterich, Muir, Lofts, O'Dea, Sidebottom, all the classic thugs. Saints beat us up, (Muir got 4 weeks for belting Collins, and had a How Do you Do with some of the spectators), we went from 3rd to 4th, lost all our momentum & ended up playing Geelong in the Elimination Final the next week.

143534.jpg

143551.jpg

Remember a game against the Saints, Setanta playing on Gehrig. Setanta had a poor game, but at one point Setanta flattened Gehrig in the goal square.

Remember a game against the Saints, Setanta playing on Gehrig. Setanta had a poor game, but at one point Setanta flattened Gehrig in the goal square.

Gehrig probably got a free kick for it as well.
:rolleyes:

Was anyone at Moorabbin the day Plugger kicked 10.7 on SOS?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one game that sticks out is in 1992 at PP. Saints, had Lockett running wild & led by 5 odd goals at half time. Dorotich went onto Lockett, shut him out of the game, and Rhino O'Sullivan went totally bunta in the 3rd quarter and kicked 4 goals. Reckon we got home by a couple of points in a classic.

Also remember they shut the gates that day, total lockout.

The other one that stands out is Round 22 1978, Saints had to win, and Geelong had to lose for the Saints to make the finals. Jezza had taken over as coach, and we were white hot, had barely lost a game under him. Moorabin was jam packed, and the Saints had the old knuckle squad running about, Ditterich, Muir, Lofts, O'Dea, Sidebottom, all the classic thugs. Saints beat us up, (Muir got 4 weeks for belting Collins, and had a How Do you Do with some of the spectators), we went from 3rd to 4th, lost all our momentum & ended up playing Geelong in the Elimination Final the next week.
Great game that one reckon Lockett ironed out Matthew Hogg just on or after the siren also IIRC Numbers??

Gehrig probably got a free kick for it as well.
:rolleyes:

Was anyone at Moorabbin the day Plugger kicked 10.7 on SOS?
I was there and just froze when Lockett kicked his 10th and stood arms raised above his head as the Moorabin crowd went crazy as the 10th one sailed through and they hit the front and won a tight one real late.

Plugger kicked 10 out of 13 goals that day:eek:

In 2010 at Etihad, after 12 straight losses to the saints, at long last finally beating them. Won by 10 goals.

I was living in brisbane and went to the pub to watch it. The Pub manager was a Saints fan, and being monday their wern't many people there. She hooked me up with free beers all night and I was late to work the next day.

Worth it.

Speaking of Fev and Saints, can't recall the year, however Saints beat us by over 100 points at the MCG. We kicked 4 goals for the match. We had one goal kicker that day

In 2010 at Etihad, after 12 straight losses to the saints, at long last finally beating them. Won by 10 goals.

That was a great Monday night game. Our speed was just way too much for them, and from memory, Waite had a night out against them. Can we order one of these for this coming Monday?

That was a great Monday night game. Our speed was just way too much for them, and from memory, Waite had a night out against them. Can we order one of these for this coming Monday?

I took my 4 year old StK supporting nephew to that game. I was so caught up in singing our song that I didn't notice he was crying until the lady behind me tapped me on the shoulder. I still feel a tiny bit guilty that when I picked him up to comfort him...I kept singing the song...:oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back