Remove this Banner Ad

mess

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Jun 17, 2008
Emerald VIC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey don't get me wrong, I recognize the difficulty of getting up when you have key players out and having to play kids, I just don't think that you can use that as an excuse after the whole 2014 preseason of devaluing the Swans and criticising our recruiting.

Just a sense of satisfaction throwing it back in your (plural, you've been pretty good) face after this win :)

Number37 is just having a bit more fun and satisfaction than me.

Fair enough, when you put it like that. I'd be happy to have that conversation, it would make a lot more sense and I'd feel like I was talking to someone half rational.
The messed up thing about talking to Sydney fans the last couple of years is they never seem to want to talk about Sydney, yet they none the less seem to get very cross when we talk about Hawthorn.

Weird mob.

alanlau34

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Fair enough, when you put it like that. I'd be happy to have that conversation, it would make a lot more sense and I'd feel like I was talking to someone half rational.
The messed up thing about talking to Sydney fans the last couple of years is they never seem to want to talk about Sydney, yet they none the less seem to get very cross when we talk about Hawthorn.

Weird mob.
From about October 2012 we were very happy to talk about the Swans. For some unknown reason those threads kept on getting hijacked by Hawks posters spouting some stuff about stealing the cup?

Yeah, strange that we would get cross that Hawks fans wanted to talk about how this went wrong, and that didn't go their way. Seems to be a trend that continues on today.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few shining lights of reasonable posters, but they are few and far between.

Now we get to the heart of the matter. Our injured players will return, our young players will improve with experience, but the downsides you accurately pointed out for Sydney will only get worse. I'd switch teams now if I was you.

Your injured players will have to return and your young players will have to improve because if they don't you will get smashed again by the Bloods if you play like you did Friday night.
I have a sneaky suspicion that you Hawk's flogs will be a little gun shy pre-match next time around. I hope not because I want to see you flogs give it to us pre match again just like last week. The post match justification for your loss will be even funnier the second time around.

Hey don't get me wrong, I recognize the difficulty of getting up when you have key players out and having to play kids, I just don't think that you can use that as an excuse after the whole 2014 preseason of devaluing the Swans and criticising our recruiting.

Just a sense of satisfaction throwing it back in your (plural, you've been pretty good) face after this win :)

Number37 is just having a bit more fun and satisfaction than me.

Shhh don't tell them Alan. They will work it out. It might take another Bloods smashing for it to sink in. ;)

Your injured players will have to return and your young players will have to improve because if they don't you will get smashed again by the Bloods if you play like you did Friday night.

Smashed again? This is why we all think you're a *******. You barely crawled over this team full of spuds this time.

It's like you're praising your team for the greatness they possess and slapping them all at the same time.

Smashed again? This is why we all think you're a *******. You barely crawled over this team full of spuds this time.

It's like you're praising your team for the greatness they possess and slapping them all at the same time.

I have not once mentioned the greatness of the mighty Bloods. They do their talking on the field.

I do not give a toss how s**t you say the Bloods are, however s**t you say we are, we are still better than you. Look at the scoreboard.

Whichever way you want to argue it...our spuds are better than your spuds....here's the proof
upload_2014-5-11_17-2-3.png

Our full strength team is better than your full strength team....here's the proof

upload_2014-5-11_16-56-45.jpeg

upload_2014-5-11_16-56-55.jpeg

upload_2014-5-11_16-57-8.jpeg

I do not give a toss how s**t you say the Bloods are

I never said they were s**t. You really are all over the shop. You're the only gimp throwing around stupid titles like spuds (about a team full of depth players you barely managed to beat) and posting rubbish like you're in Bay 13. And with that, we're done.

I don't often invoke the ignore function, but you've earned it. Congrats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mess

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Jun 17, 2008
Emerald VIC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
From about October 2012 we were very happy to talk about the Swans. For some unknown reason those threads kept on getting hijacked by Hawks posters spouting some stuff about stealing the cup?

That's funny. My experience since around that time has been Sydney posters talking about how s**t Hawthorn were in the GF, and how we blew it and how they had injuries and beat us with a bunch of spuds even though the umpires love us and all that.
So many Swans fans acting like it was more about us than them. I think we must just be moving in different circles...

Yeah, strange that we would get cross that Hawks fans wanted to talk about how this went wrong, and that didn't go their way. Seems to be a trend that continues on today.
If this DID go wrong, and that DIDN'T go our way, wtf is your problem with us talking about it? Your win is in the book. It's done. Game over. No-one's demanding a recount, but at the same time if you can't be satisfied with beating us in the manner that you did then that's your problem.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few shining lights of reasonable posters, but they are few and far between.

How many reasonable Swans posters have you tallied up in this thread?
No.37 make the cut?

Sep 29, 2003
far queue
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NSW Blues
That's funny. My experience since around that time has been Sydney posters talking about how s**t Hawthorn were in the GF, and how we blew it and how they had injuries and beat us with a bunch of spuds even though the umpires love us and all that.
So many Swans fans acting like it was more about us than them. I think we must just be moving in different circles...

Don't recall any Swans posters saying Hawthorn were s**t and blew it in 2012. I do recall many Hawks going on and on and on about having a lesser break than Sydney and COLA and every other excuse in the book. It ramped up to extreme tantrums when Franklin chose Sydney.

The 2012 GF win is all about Sydney. Always will be. :thumbsu:

No. He is spot on. He highlighted all the crap and hypocrisy posted by the hawthorn flogs. Now if you are to believe all the Hawthorn flogs then Sydney are s**t and Hawthorn failed to beat them.

So you can't read either. Only one poster has commented on the shitness of the other team.

mess

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Jun 17, 2008
Emerald VIC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don't recall any Swans posters saying Hawthorn were s**t and blew it in 2012. I do recall many Hawks going on and on and on about having a lesser break than Sydney and COLA and every other excuse in the book. It ramped up to extreme tantrums when Franklin chose Sydney.

The 2012 GF win is all about Sydney. Always will be. :thumbsu:

Yeah, but for all we know that's probably just down to you going off on one of your little vision quests skipper kelly.
With all due respect, I wouldn't place too much stock in what you recall...

hk89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I'd agree, that is the point Hawthorn posters have made. You are not very good at this, you keep agreeing with us and calling us flogs for saying the same things you are saying. Hawthorn posters have tried to discuss the game, pointing out that our injuries had an impact on our ability to win. This seems pretty obvious. I'm not really sure why you take offence, given you seem to agree we'll get smashed again with that team if we play the same way (I 100% agree).

Your posts smack of someone with a massive insecurity problem. This is understandable. You support a team that spent 70+ years without a flag, and whose recent success has coincided with the introduction of a controversial handout from the AFL. You have the media bag your team during much of that success for playing "boring" football. Then you win another flag in 2012, playing a much more attractive brand of football, only for the football world to say Hawthorn choked in allowing you to win (we put up with similar statements after 2008, so I can truly sympathise). I imagine it would be hard not to be at least a little bitter and defensive after all that. I get it. Let it out...you'll feel better.

I have a sneaky suspicion that you Hawk's flogs...

I have a sneaky suspicion that for a fellow that frequently throws around the word 'flog' you might ...well..be a ... you know..

alanlau34

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

If this DID go wrong, and that DIDN'T go our way, wtf is your problem with us talking about it? Your win is in the book. It's done. Game over. No-one's demanding a recount, but at the same time if you can't be satisfied with beating us in the manner that you did then that's your problem.

How many reasonable Swans posters have you tallied up in this thread?
No.37 make the cut?

Look, most of the posts bagging Hawthorn choking in the big one would have been flung with glee after the lead up where your team already had one hand on the cup and just needed to show up.

Similarly, you guys went in a bit cocksure on Friday DESPITE the injuries you were facing, and yet once you lose you bring up those same injuries as an excuse.

All we're doing (reasonable and unreasonable posters) is calling you out on your hypocrisy and hubris.

hk89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Similarly, you guys went in a bit cocksure on Friday DESPITE the injuries you were facing, and yet once you lose you bring up those same injuries as an excuse.

I call bullshit on this. There were a few who thought we'd still win before Hodge was announced as another out, but after that, the hawthorn posts I saw mostly looked like this:
5 midfielders with less than 40 games including 3 in single digits. This may very well be a bridge too far.

Mate, with our outs they should win by 8 goals plus.

2 goals a quarter

And if they beat Hawthorn tonight, what have they beaten? No Lake, Hodge, Mitchell, Sewell. They should win. If they don't, they are no hope this season.

Sure is going to be tough against a strong midfield.

Seems quite a few thought we'd lose. Did you miss those posts? Looks like you are responding to posts based on a fiction.

I didn't include all the neutral fans' posts saying Sydney had a good chance with Hawthorn's outs. Were they displaying Hubris as well? Perhaps the Hawthorn injury list was an interesting talking point, which is why both Hawthorn and neutral fans brought it up both before and after the game? I'm sorry you feel the discussions belittles your win, but I'm sure you'd agree the victory would have meant even more against a fully fit opponent. Of course you get the 4 points either way.

Sydney fans are the worst winners I've seen since Hawthorn in 2008. There seems to be something about being underdogs that make it hard for winning fans to accept the win gracefully. I'd like to think Hawthorn fans have grown a bit of humility since being able to place themselves in Geelong's 2008 position after 2012 (and the tone of Cats vs Hawks posts does seem to have improved somewhat IMO). Sydney Fans - not so much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back