Game Day Round 8, 2015 - Essendon vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to this one. If we can stop their midfield , we'll go a long way in stopping clean entry into their forward 50. Really hope the mozzies are up for it today.

Go Lions

Which ever forward is on Hurley has to be accountable. He has great footskills and the Bombers use him a lot for counter attacks. Can't allow him to get 20+ touches or we will probably lose. Don't rate their midfield that much but obviously Heppell will be dangerous at times. Have a feeling Chappy and Coons will destroy us and kick a goal or two each :cry:

For vic members heading to the game General admin is sold out so I think you will need to upgrade your ticket to gain access

For vic members heading to the game General admin is sold out so I think you will need to upgrade your ticket to gain access
It won't be sold out, they only sell a portion of it in advance. So you should be fine to turn up and scan in.

Will try and stay awake, although i pretty much did do an all nighter to watch eurovision

Worth it!

So any recent news on whether Redden? Leuey? are playing?
Also, anyone know whats wrong with Goose Maguire? Had that concussion a few weeks back, not listed as injured, not playing reserves.
He should come in at FF for Leuey, if he's out.

Also, anyone know whats wrong with Goose Maguire? Had that concussion a few weeks back, not listed as injured, not playing reserves.
Rumour is both will miss, Leuey illness and Redden a back issue - not sure with Goose though

Imagine the goal celebrations...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought about writing some witty alternate lyrics to the Bombers song but everything I could think of after 'See the Bombers fly down down,' was either politically incorrect, possibly too gory or bad taste drug references ...

How about just 'May the Bombers crash and burn today and the hungry young Lions feast upon their barbecued carcass'?

Still don't have trust in the boys to deliver a good performance every week. Our best is good enough but they need to string a few more highly competitive efforts before I start to expect quality on a weekly basis. Hope they surprise me.

Still don't have trust in the boys to deliver a good performance every week. Our best is good enough but they need to string a few more highly competitive efforts before I start to expect quality on a weekly basis. Hope they surprise me.
In the same boat but particularly if Reddo and Leuey are out. Would be a significant win in those circumstances.

In the same boat but particularly if Reddo and Leuey are out. Would be a significant win in those circumstances.
I reckon today is the day that Reddo's absence will be noticed. He does the majority of the blocking and tackling in the middle and that stuff usually goes pretty unheralded.

I reckon today is the day that Reddo's absence will be noticed. He does the majority of the blocking and tackling in the middle and that stuff usually goes pretty unheralded.

I'd like to see NRobbo take on Reddens spot and Bewick go down back. We will miss Redden if he is definitely out but I think he'll (robbo) do a good job in his absence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back