Unofficial Preview Round 8 Early Thoughts: Sydney v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way i see the game unfolding is we will match them around the ground but i feel in the end its going to come back to that word again "efficiency"

We really have to make use of our inside 50's and kick straight they are gonna make it hard for Buddy and push him towards the boundary line for his shots.

I really want Tippett to spend as much time as possible deep in the goal square isolate him and reap the rewards.

Will need to kick 15 goals to give ourselves a chance.

Excellent news. Buddy can't hit the side of a barn from straight in front but impossible shots come easy.

Goodes sub unless they want to make Gibson accountable ( goodes firm atm wouldn't worry Gibson to much anyway IMO )which then might mean Lloyd will be sub which I hate
Goodes sub.

Playing Gibson on Goodes would be a dream for Clarkson.

I'd be tempted to keep Buddy just outside the arc. He's got the tank to cause real problems, will give space to Tippet & Goodes to lead into, boost our midfield, tighten our forward defensive pressure and scare the willies off anyone who gets in his way. A more open 50 will also give space for our mids to get forward and cause some havoc. What I don't want to see is 18 Swans camped inside 50 leaving the Hawks open and running if they manage to clear our wall (as the Dogs did).

Goodes sub.

Playing Gibson on Goodes would be a dream for Clarkson.

Goodes' recent record against Hawks is good. He kicked 6 goals over our last 2 encounters with them and he's come into some form over the last couple of weeks. It's going to be a physical game and I think we need to put our big bodied guys out there. Having three big forwards who can rotate into the middle is an advantage that we should make use of. That said, it's going to come down to Longmire as to how he wants to set up to start. I can also see the arguments as to why Cunningham would be a good starting player and I'd prefer not to have Mitchell or Rohan as sub.

Curse that sub rule.

Reid will probably have to play back with them keeping shoey in the side and lake back , means they will prob go with shoey , rough , hale , gunston forward
I'd be happy if Reid can keep up his form of the last few games. Makes a huge difference.

Reid will probably have to play back with them keeping shoey in the side and lake back , means they will prob go with shoey , rough , hale , gunston forward

Unless laidler takes one i guess

Goodes sub unless they want to make Gibson accountable ( goodes firm atm wouldn't worry Gibson to much anyway IMO )which then might mean Lloyd will be sub which I hate

They would run of goodes on current form hed snag a few goals but give away more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They would run of goodes on current form hed snag a few goals but give away more
That's the problem right there.

And they will exploit it. They are good enough to do it unlike other sides.

I don't buy it. Goal in the hand etc....

Last year he kicked a few at the MCG but they ran off and generated forward entries off his inability to defend

Big test for him if he starts

So same ground and basically the same 44 players

They are of course missing their skipper and the norm smith winner

But essentially Horse is letting the same side that let us all down face the same side that humiliated them

But essentially Horse is letting the same side that let us all down face the same side that humiliated them

That's because it is the best our list has to offer bar 1 18 year old kid.

The cupboard is bare after this lot unless you count Towers, Brownlow medal hopeful Bird and Jones as some type of savior group.

There is not a player with experience after that lot.

It is a concern to be honest and playing a 35 year old that is limited tells you how awful our immediate depth is.

That's because it is the best our list has to offer bar 1 18 year old kid.

The cupboard is bare after this lot unless you count Towers, Brownlow medal hopeful Bird and Jones as some type of savior group.

There is not a player with experience after that lot.

It is a concern to be honest and playing a 35 year old that is limited tells you how awful our immediate depth is.

Not sure. We have untested depth who needs to be tested one day like jones, hewett etc

But i am not sure its a bad thing or a good thing, maybe its the way to go send the same blokes out to redeem themselves

Who knows

Just glad mitchell is in

+ Mitchell and yes the same players to make up and improve on the s**t they dished up 8 months ago.

In the space of 9 months who else would you have out there?

+ Mitchell and yes the same players to make up and improve on the s**t they dished up 8 months ago.

In the space of 9 months who else would you have out there?

I would not have shaw out there id of already blooded jones, marsh, hewett depending on form, hell put bird out there, shaw does f all

Debut new kids against Hawthorn is not ideal.

Agree but we had 7 weeks to do it

And you know maybe it is the time if form warrants it to be honest, pick the team who are in form regardless of opposition

Upon reflection, I borked initially at your comment, but I wouldnt want it any other way. The team that was humilitated gets to show us whether or not their pride is front and centre in their footy or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back