Preview Round 8 Faceoff: GWS Giants v Adelaide @ Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

We will come out flat as usual and will be down by 5-6 goals at half time. Better 3rd quarter but not enough scoreboard pressure to make it count. Fall away in the last 10 mins of the game. 40 point win to GWS.

Apparently Josh Jenkins has been replaced by Sam Kerridge. Announced on 5AA.

Would like to see something like this. Two birds with one stone. We get to test out Kerridge, and get to put a boot up Jenkins ass. Do they actually show Josh the footage from his games? I don't know how he could be anything but ashamed with the brand of footy he's put out this year.

Me a bit worried about this one - underestimate at your peril. There appears to be a fair gap still between good and bad (GWS V hawks, west coke) so it will be interesting to see which GWS team turns up tomorrow....same goes for the crows for that matter.

Weather appears to be playing deciding factor. Betts gonna have a busy day crumbling !!

Go catters. Sorry, meant crows

We will come out flat as usual and will be down by 5-6 goals at half time. Better 3rd quarter but not enough scoreboard pressure to make it count. Fall away in the last 10 mins of the game. 40 point win to GWS.
Well the best indicator of future behaviour is past behaviour!

….. but then we should really thump them by 70 odd points.

Forecast isn't too bad for tomorrow with only the slight chance of a shower or two. Does anyone know how well the ground drains?
The photos the AFC put up on their Facebook Page a couple of hours ago suggest the drainage is pretty ordinary, looks like a bloody duck pond.....looks like Kerridge is there too...

https://www.facebook.com/adelaidecrows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was worried but then I looked at who the GWS have beaten
St Kilda, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Hawthorn & Carlton.
They have improved but Hawks are the only team of note and they have been patchy with losses to Port and Essendon as well.
We have had the wood on them big time in the past, I think those days may be over but I still think we should win by 3-4 goals.

I was worried but then I looked at who the GWS have beaten
St Kilda, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Hawthorn & Carlton.
They have improved but Hawks are the only team of note and they have been patchy with losses to Port and Essendon as well.
We have had the wood on them big time in the past, I think those days may be over but I still think we should win by 3-4 goals.
It's certainly not the collection of heavy hitters we've knocked off!

11224402_10153358536663919_7402278132796502294_o.jpg

That sure does look like Kerridge.

Since the Twos have a weekend off, I would hope that all three emergencies have been taken to Sydney.

IMHO this is the second pivotal match that we will play this season (the first one was the Kangaroos). Next week would be a bonus win, the Carlton match should be an expected win but tomorrow moves us from a top eight contender to a crazy chance of finishing top four.

Show us your best stuff Phil (and the boys).

It's certainly not the collection of heavy hitters we've knocked off!
my point being that the media are making it out as GWS have arrived as a power house, I think they still have a way to go and we have smashed them in the past. I think it will be closer but an 88 point average is a massive margin to make up. I'm still giving them a ten goal improvement on last year. I think that's pretty generous.

Can't take much notice of the Carltank game last week. They are putrid.
Will be a good test with hardly our best team on the park.
The difference will be our experienced players and Eddie Betts and Walker to kick bags and bags of goals.
Have GWS made up 70 points since last year? They will have made some ground up, but not enough yet...

Crows win by 40.

Of course Kerridge is there - he is an emergency.

I would really hope that ROB travels with the team as well considering there is no SANFL game. Have him shadow Sauce. Be good for the young kid to travel with the team - see how they prepare for an away game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back