Preview Round 8. Freo Vs North Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought being on top of the ladder (something I have never experienced as a Freo supporter) would be a whole lot less stressful but it isn't!
I know! I just feel like every game is that danger game now. And the stupid thing is, even if we do drop a game, we're still a game ahead of everyone!
Suban could be unlucky one too for Mzungu
Yes! Please!!!

Suban has been ok but was terrible last week. Old time suban last week.

Then again Ross rated sheridans game on the weekend and I thought that he was very average....
Same. Thought Tommy was total rubbish to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't like him on the HBF, think he's more suited to the wing.
Unfortunately he played his best game for us in round 1 on the hbf... i hope i eat my words in a few weeks but he really hasnt done much that is impressive. was picked before Neale, sutty and croz and is behind all of them by a fair margin in my book.

I know croz isnt in the team but he had an extended run at the end of last year, sheridan hasnt managed that, and croz showed more imo.

Half back flank, wing = same thing.

Yeah and nah... lets say... defensive wing hbf then. he certainly looked better and it was one game on the defensive side of the ball.

i agree that positions are more fluid than they were... but we still talk about hill moving from a wing to hbf and RTB talks this also. While the positions are more fluid and everyone defends we dont confuse ibbo with a winger or sutty or spurr and all of the role through hbf. And all of them push up the ground.

Unfortunately he played his best game for us in round 1 on the hbf... i hope i eat my words in a few weeks but he really hasnt done much that is impressive. was picked before Neale, sutty and croz and is behind all of them by a fair margin in my book.

I know croz isnt in the team but he had an extended run at the end of last year, sheridan hasnt managed that, and croz showed more imo.

Yeah just don't think he's got the defensive side to his game yet. I think he will develop into a very handy player, but needs work.

I think Spurr will start to tackle Thomas, abort the tackle and Lindsay will go to ground from no contact - embarrassing himself in the media but probably immediately getting a free for in the back.

LT's a hard nut, and one of the things I find amusing that no-ones mentions, is how does Lindsay always end up with the ball in a cluster of players?

FWIW Freo quite easy, too much quality out for use to give it a reasonable shake. Just hope we don't get slaughtered.

Meh, the cheat action gets you frees in regular season but dries up come finals. Thomas can duck as much as he likes but will be a liability for North if they go deep because his small bag of tricks won't be useful.
Kinda like when he kicked 6.4 in the elim and semi last season?

Massive liability...

Kinda like when he kicked 6.4 in the elim and semi last season?

Massive liability...
And? Elimination and semi finals have the intensity of a difficult home and away match. I've seen small forwards fail on the big stage. Thomas is cut from the same cloth.

So is Petrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back