Preview Round 8. Freo Vs North Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we lock up a Top 2 position I don't care if we drop games. I remember St Kilda going 19-0? then losing near the tail end, think it dented them losing that late in the season.

Nah what dented the Saints was the game being wet and coming up one of the greatest wet weather sides of all time.

Losing a couple is healthy and will bring the boys down to earth a bit.

In lower footy leagues how many times do you hear of teams that go through undefeated only to lose the GF.

I get the need for a loss but not right now. Heaps of time is the back qtr to drop a couple.

I agree, when I say dropping a couple I don't mean not trying to win but rather having our game plan well and truly tested to the point that it shows what our weakness actually is.

Super confident this week. Dont think we can underestimate the importance of Luke as an in. Pressure of Johnson. Will keep Petrie or Waite quiet depending on who plays closer to goals.

Our mids will dominate this week. Swallow was their best and wells and dal santo their best users.

Tipping:

- Barlow to get a heap of it. 27 +
- Fyfe to be Fyfe 32 possies and 2 goals minimum.
- Hill 26 Possessions and 2 goals
- Ballas and walters to play well. 5 goals between them.

the other nine goals spread between the forwards and sutty to kick one.

18 goals 7 behinds to 11 goals win.

Bummed that Swallow and his mic are out.
That was captivating stuff from one of the game's most fascinating & charismatic players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In lower footy leagues how many times do you hear of teams that go through undefeated only to lose the GF.
3 years in a row for my old club :(

This isn't a game that I'd be happy with us losing though. It should be a nice competitive game, but we are better than Norf, they have some huge outs, and we're top of the league for a reason (reason being that we're awesome)

3 years in a row for my old club :(

This isn't a game that I'd be happy with us losing though. It should be a nice competitive game, but we are better than Norf, they have some huge outs, and we're top of the league for a reason (reason being that we're awesome)
I am expecting lots of arms thrown up and eyes rolled back from the Roos coaching box as we dominate them in the midfield.

Easy to fix. Ducking to be defined as "initiating contact above the shoulders". Play on. It's what the umpires should be doing right now. The only reason they don't is to protect Joel Selwood - a favourite son of a favourite team.
Then Hams, Shuey, Selwoods, Thomas, Bartel, Christensen would stop doing it. In our side it tends to be Suban who does it. Walters just lowers his head and tries to duck under the tackle, often but not always successfully.

Edit:
Yes playing for frees is a form of cheating. The aim of men in this game is to win the ball fairly, and if you are infringed you get a free. Any attempt to draw a free is a form of cheating. It makes the game less of a true contest.
Wrong.

That's it is it? Your intelligent well thought out answer.

Why are there so many flog North Melbourne supporters? Like Hard to Beat, remember him? Western Bulldogs fans are by and large so much better.
Just because supporters don't like something doesn't mean it is cheating. No rule saying that lowering one's body and being tackled high is a free kick against. How about being first to the ball and winning possession, the cornerstone of our great game. Both which Lindsay does before putrid, sloppy attempts to tackle are made.

You know what's interesting is that Ross is deliberately creating pressure situations so the team gets used to it come finals. You notice against the dogs he was pretty cool and messing around with player positions.

Then in press he quoted something how the Hawks wish they were put more in pressure situations as they weren't ready for GF.

Just because supporters don't like something doesn't mean it is cheating. No rule saying that lowering one's body and being tackled high is a free kick against. How about being first to the ball and winning possession, the cornerstone of our great game. Both which Lindsay does before putrid, sloppy attempts to tackle are made.
You don't actually believe that do you?

It's a blight on the game mate, and doesn't deserve to spoken about in the same place as players who go in hard to win the ball, not the free kick

Mundy maybe in doubt for this game or subbed out early to give him a bit of a break . 20 stitches from a head clash from last weeks game .
I would bring Mzungu into the team as the Sub if we need to give Dave extra time to heal .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back