Preview Round 8: Saints vs Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Saad is a one trick pony and all clubs have worked him out. Will never dominate or perform unless he kind of reinvents himself.

Milers just is selfish player.

Curren and Ledger both averaging 30 disposals and over 2 goals game in VFL, they have to come in. They both been playing as midfielder and up forward.

With good reason at this stage.

Rather see Curren and Shenton in as small and medium forwards if they're not going to do the team things. Although Saad got screwed by that god awful sliding rule...

Any word on Schnieds?

he did get robbed by the umps but the 50m he gave away just sums up where he is at right now

Yeah if it weren't for his goal Saad would be having a shocker. He's finding the ball which is encouraging but he's fluffed it every time.

Ross just makes the right decision every time doesn't he? Beautiful to watch.

To me it looks like this gameplay is reliant on kicking skills which aren't great right now, but I like it. Forces us to get better in that area. Should pay off eventually. I'd like more goals though but they'll come.

Saad is a one trick pony and all clubs have worked him out. Will never dominate or perform unless he kind of reinvents himself.

Milers just is selfish player.

Curren and Ledger both averaging 30 disposals and over 2 goals game in VFL, they have to come in. They both been playing as midfielder and up forward.

milera absolutely stinks of a player thats trying to build a name for himself rather than someone who is trying to contribute to the team and plays his role in the best possible way

i think hes trying to attract interest for a trade. he'll be sent back to the VFL and will probably stay there IMO

Where's Armitage? He's way too inconsistent. Need him to step up.

As much as i'd love to you can't sub out a small, will just fast track the inevitable fade out.

i'm yet to see saad do that this year, he maybe a couple last year. he is not milne and never will be.
He has only played about 20 games and has much more attention this year. However basic skill errors like dropped chest marks are inexcusable. Watters should rotate him through the middle and get his confidence back. There´s only one Stephen Milne btw.

saad should been dropped after round 2/3. how he has stayed in the side is amazing

saad/mileras is hurting us two fold. one they are handing the ball to the opposition on a silver platter to rebound out of our fwd 50. 2nd they are robbing a spot of a young mid who can play up fwd and help rotations.

someone like saunders should be an automatic inclusion for saad

Exactly right about Saad and Milera gifting opposition team goals by coughing up the ball time and time again. You can add Milne to that when he isn't on form (he is good today but has been poor for most of the year). In modern footy, teams are so good at taking the ball from one end to the other and scoring from it. Time and again we are giving the opposition the ball to do just that.

I would hate to be a defender in our team, it would drive you nuts seeing what the forwards do and being left completely isolated with opposition midfielders given space to deliver the ball to your opponents on a platter.

Not as impressive this week. Not owning the corridor like last week and loading up the backline altho not sure why as it seems ineffective. Not annoyed with Saad and Millera as with small forwards you win some and you lose some yet the defensive work on some key Adelaide players looks amiss and that's the area that's killing us.

Hope to see our chasing and tackling up by 50% this half.

I will say its a pretty amazing effort to only be down by 9 with about 80% of the forward line having shockers.

Fingers crossed Sip can produce something.

some big positives though, atleast the problem is not with our kids

newnes has found his feet again, which is very important for him to build on. seb ross has gone up another notch. roberton amazing again. webster doesnt look too lost. steven is working through the tag which is absolutely critical and very important for him and the team to take the next step

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We´re still in this. Watters needs to give the team a bollocking and point out the commitment of the youngsters Ross, Newnes and Roberton. Defensive pressure in the F50 needs to be improved if we are any chance. Get Sipposs in the game Watters sooner than later !!!

Saints getting destroyed in the center. -18 in contested possessions & -6 in center clearances. They need to improve there. We can't allow the Crows midfield to dominate.

The delivery into the forward line hasn't been great, but Milera and Saad have done close to nothing. At different times in the quarter, Milera and Ross had the ball on the boundary line inside 50. Milera tried to weave around his man to kick a miraculous goal and Ross kicked it to the top of the square. Milera failed and the Crows rebounded the ball easily. Something tells me that doing the team thing may help a club get the 4 points...

Started to fade a bit in the last 5 min of the second quarter. Next pre-season these kids really need to get their fitness levels up.

Saints getting destroyed in the center. -18 in contested possessions & -6 in center clearances. They need to improve there. We can't allow the Crows midfield to dominate.

There was no reason Jones should have been dropped in the first place and absolutely no reason not to be included this week instead of rushing back Maister. What ever happened to team balance? Adelaide have one advantage over us and that's midfield speed and we could have addressed that with one key inclusion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back