Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oxley is maxxed out and Cripps is very close to being so. He will not go up much more than this, take the money and use it! These are the two I got rid of this week.

Cripps is averaging more than Jelwood ffs, you can keep him for now! Or at least for one more week. BE of 68 very achievable. But don't take my word for it

I see what you're trying to say, but I think it's very unrealistic to propose SJ will get to 600k. Very unrealistic. As it stands, only 6 players are at 600k - 2 are yet to play 3 games, the other 4 are Fyfe, Pendlebury, Armitage and Gray.

I like what you're trying to say and I think SJ is a good option, but think if you're going purely for cash generation Lever is the best option. It's all well and good to say Johnson will get to 600k and give you 150k, but I feel that's very optimistic for SJ and you haven't shown Lever the same optimism.
I think though now that we've got guys like Cripps, CEY and Krakouer who will be ready to moo in the next few weeks for a good spot of $$$ that cash generation isn't necessarily the be all and end all, and hence SJ (as a possible M8 - not for a future upgrade) is a reasonable selection.

There obviously a huge range of possible outcomes with both players and I'm happy to admit I could be speaking with too much optimism with SJ and not enough with Lever. And I'm not just looking at it from a cash generation perspective - I'm accounting for the scores SJ brings to the team too.

For what it's worth I think most peoples expectations of Lever are way too optimistic. I think his 90 odd in week 1 was a flash in the pan, and given this score will be out of his 3 week cycle when you want to cash him in, he'll be similar to a Brown or McIntosh with respect to his price when you trade him out - if he isn't dropped before he makes it that far (remember his starting price is 157k). I know the Crows have lost defenders but if he's such a lock why wasn't he in from round 1? So to me I'm comfortable expecting about 100k profit out of Lever.

For SJ I'm happy to scale back on the 600k estimate a bit - but not too much. He's already had a 130 and a 131 this year, getting close to 600k at some stage is not at all unlikely for him now he's showing some form.

I also agree in principle what you say is sound. We're taught in SC101 one of the first rules is rookies or keepers into your team during the season. However this is one case where circumstances suggest to me an exception is quite possible. And he could just be a M8 at the end of the year.

I want to trade out Salem and brodie smith but currently only have 40K in the bank. What should I do ?

118405-Oberyn-I-will-be-your-champion-0HNu.gif

:p

There obviously a huge range of possible outcomes with both players and I'm happy to admit I could be speaking with too much optimism with SJ and not enough with Lever. And I'm not just looking at it from a cash generation perspective - I'm accounting for the scores SJ brings to the team too.

For what it's worth I think most peoples expectations of Lever are way too optimistic. I think his 90 odd in week 1 was a flash in the pan, and given this score will be out of his 3 week cycle when you want to cash him in, he'll be similar to a Brown or McIntosh with respect to his price when you trade him out - if he isn't dropped before he makes it that far (remember his starting price is 157k). I know the Crows have lost defenders but if he's such a lock why wasn't he in from round 1? So to me I'm comfortable expecting about 100k profit out of Lever.

For SJ I'm happy to scale back on the 600k estimate a bit - but not too much. He's already had a 130 and a 131 this year, getting close to 600k at some stage is not at all unlikely for him now he's showing some form.

I also agree in principle what you say is sound. We're taught in SC101 one of the first rules is rookies or keepers into your team during the season. However this is one case where circumstances suggest to me an exception is quite possible. And he could just be a M8 at the end of the year.

Yeah, if you are happy to back in SJ and accept the risk of suspension he is a very good pick and could make a huge difference at the end of the year. I didn't mean to sound like a dick who was arguing for the sake of arguing either - apologies if it came across that way.

For me I'm getting in Lever because I can't see the purpose anymore of having N.Brown in, when I think Lever will more or less play a lot of games for Adelaide this year. I could trade out McIntosh but I reckon he's got a spot in Richmond and I feel he's going to get more 60's, whereas Lever could average 50 and Brown 40 etc.

So N.Brown -> Lever and VDB for J.Steele (very happy with my depth even with Steele as a non-playing rookie in - Saad and CEY return to really boost my side) gives me 450k to play around with next week for hopefully McDonald and Buddy.

Def: Gibson, shaw Taylor,oxley, newnes, saad (brown,mackintosh)
Mids: fyfe, pendles, beams,gray, griffen, Vandenberg, Cripps, cey (Anderson, Sloane, McKenzie)
Ruck: goldtsein, nicnat
Forward: swan,martin,bont, tarrent,Clark, hogan (krakour,lonie)

Advice?

My thinking
Option 1-
Sloane to josh Kennedy
Vandenberg to lever via Saad to mids
Would have 350k next week to get rockcliff from hogan (via gray) etc

Option 2-
Hogan to josh Kennedy via gray
Vandenberg to lever via saad DPP
Leaves 150k for next week still with Sloane for a chance to come back early?

Option 3-
Forget lever and get jjk and treloar, rockcliff next week!

Do I nees to keep the Melbourne lads till the bye?

Mids: fyfe, pendles, beams,gray, griffen, Vandenberg, Cripps, cey (Anderson, Sloane, McKenzie)

Advice?

My thinking
Option 1-
Sloane to josh Kennedy

Option 2-

Option 3-

No dont keep them till the bye, they will have peaked before then.

Go option 1, no point holding onto Sloane for a few more weeks, may as well take JPK, and then wait until Sloane has had a few games back and pick him up for under 500K.

I know its an extra trade, but JPK's point for the next 3 weeks should more than justify it.

Also, back rookies are few and far between, take them whilst you can.

Advice?

My thinking
Option 1-
Sloane to josh Kennedy

Option 2-

Option 3-

Option 1 for me, Hogan out next week.

Yeah, if you are happy to back in SJ and accept the risk of suspension he is a very good pick and could make a huge difference at the end of the year. I didn't mean to sound like a dick who was arguing for the sake of arguing either - apologies if it came across that way.

For me I'm getting in Lever because I can't see the purpose anymore of having N.Brown in, when I think Lever will more or less play a lot of games for Adelaide this year. I could trade out McIntosh but I reckon he's got a spot in Richmond and I feel he's going to get more 60's, whereas Lever could average 50 and Brown 40 etc.

So N.Brown -> Lever and VDB for J.Steele (very happy with my depth even with Steele as a non-playing rookie in - Saad and CEY return to really boost my side) gives me 450k to play around with next week for hopefully McDonald and Buddy.

No apologies needed - been a good discussion. Backing myself that I'm a better judge though :p.

If Stevie belts another person in the balls tonight or Lever starts playing like an AA candidate feel free to come back and give it to me :D.

No apologies needed - been a good discussion. Backing myself that I'm a better judge though :p.

If Stevie belts another person in the balls tonight or Lever starts playing like an AA candidate feel free to come back and give it to me :D.

If SJ gets 130 and Lever is dropped, please just let me curl up in a ball and cry without reminding me

;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys first season of SuperCoach. My team is a mess. Any suggestions for the trades. Looking at Lumumba > Lever

Cash $11,600

Def: Shaw, Oxley, Gibson, Newnes, Lumumba, Saad (McIntosh, Goodes)

Mid: Fyfe, Pendles, Jelwood, Miller, Vandenberg, Cripps, CEY, T Mitchell (Sloane, McKenzie, Anderson)

Ruck: Goldstein, Maric (Cox)

Fwd: Swan, Gray, Martin, Bontempelli, Tarrant, Krakouer (Salem, Clark)

Which two trades should I make. 24 trades left.

Goodes & T Hunt out for Lever (non-playing emergency) & Hurn this week, good to have Lewis back in the team after benching him for his suspension. My first year of doing SC, thoughts on this team and where some upgrades could be made in the next few weeks? Thinking I need to downgrade probably Lonie as his value will drop a fair bit when he plays again & upgrade McIntosh who hasn't really done anything since debut. Thoughts?

Hurn, Higgins, Newnes, Hibberd, A Saad, McIntosh (Lever, McKenzie)

Fyfe, Armitage, Lewis, Bontempelli, Shiel, Ebert, Masten, T Mitchell (Ellis-Yolmen, Krakouer, Brayshaw)

Goldstein, Naitanui (Cox - R/F)

Swan, T Walker, Ryder (R/F), Hogan, Clark, Tarrant (McCarthy, Lonie)

Goodes & T Hunt out for Lever (non-playing emergency) & Hurn this week, good to have Lewis back in the team after benching him for his suspension. My first year of doing SC, thoughts on this team and where some upgrades could be made in the next few weeks? Thinking I need to downgrade probably Lonie as his value will drop a fair bit when he plays again & upgrade McIntosh who hasn't really done anything since debut. Thoughts?

Fyfe, Armitage, Lewis, Bontempelli, Shiel, Ebert, Masten, T Mitchell (Ellis-Yolmen, Krakouer, Brayshaw)

All I'll say is you need to get Bonts and Mitchell into your forward line. Spots for Higher scoring mids

Goodes has been named to play on Sunday and has a negative BE. Even if he's the sub he'll make money. Why ditch him this week?

Yeo vs Thurlow vs Rance vs Docherty vs somebody else under 500k?

Leaning towards Rance or Docherty as they have been far more consistent than Yeo.

Decided to look passed Rocky and Treloar and go Vanders to Stevie J. Everything's going from for me this season, atleast Stevie will provide lol's.

Hi guys first season of SuperCoach. My team is a mess. Any suggestions for the trades. Looking at Lumumba > Lever

Cash $11,600

Def: Shaw, Oxley, Gibson, Newnes, Lumumba, Saad (McIntosh, Goodes)

Mid: Fyfe, Pendles, Jelwood, Miller, Vandenberg, Cripps, CEY, T Mitchell (Sloane, McKenzie, Anderson)

Ruck: Goldstein, Maric (Cox)

Fwd: Swan, Gray, Martin, Bontempelli, Tarrant, Krakouer (Salem, Clark)

Which two trades should I make. 24 trades left.

Your team is far from a mess. Just a few little tweaks.

Downgrade Goodes to Lever and upgrade Vanders to Rocky.

Edit:

You cant afford that, just saw you only had 11K in the kitty.

Swap out Vanders for Lever, and loop DMac into the mids.

Then Swap Sloane for Treloar/Rocky.

Next week, downgrade Salem to Dale, and upgrade Oxley to McDonald or Rance

Last edited:
To those deciding which premo mid to bring in I wouldn't hesitate to pick Treloar, his current price is the lowest it will be all year thanks to his score of 48 vs WC (Lowest since rd 14 2012, 3rd lowest of his career) which I doubt he will repeat. His average has improved every year and I think this year he will average 110+ maybe even pushing 115. Rocky presents similar value but when you consider B/Es , Treloar is the top choice this round IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back