Remove this Banner Ad

huludicidal

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Henderson can't defend in a phone box so it's absolutely no loss as far as the defensive side of our game goes. Talia, Lever and Cheney were always going to go to their 3 talls anyway.

It does affect our rebound though because Hendo does gain a lot of metres (as do Jaensch and Smith). I think Grigg will shift to half back now and share kick-ins with D-Mac.

I strongly suspected Lyons would be sub. The usual rule of not keeping the same sub 2 weeks in a row didn't apply because Lyons came on so early last week. Unfortunately for Jarryd he's absolutely no chance of holding his spot in the team for next week unless more injuries happen.

Huge opportunity for Kerridge to nail down a spot. Hope he can. Would be in my best 22.

Carn boys. Let's hit them hard early.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Commentators on 5aa saying no Hendo is a huge blow.

I don't mind it, Kerridge is a very good in, Hendo's form has hardly been strong...with the right moves it could be beneficiary.
Hendo's form has been good, it's a big loss given how small our defense will be now, and how little drive we will have out of there. No Jaensch, Smith or Hendo, I'm worried.

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's the principal - don't make the comment if you don't want to stick to it.

Now he'w made Lyons the sub two weeks in a row, the justification to chamge his stance on particular issues will become easier and easier.
That's not all he said though, what he was really making a point on was not liking the idea of a guy not getting a full game two weeks in a row.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did walsh actually ever say that he wouldn't make a player sub two weeks in a row? (I never directly heard him say this) Or did people just assume that was his policy after dropping lyons and grigg after decent games as sub?

I think he said he wouldn't - Alex is sorta right, it's semantics, but he should've said that he'd prefer not to, not that he wouldn't.

Roo Lives Again

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
That's not all he said though, what he was really making a point on was not liking the idea of a guy not getting a full game two weeks in a row.

Yeah, he did also provide examples of when it'd be a good thing to do. Easing Gaff into the AFL was the example he gave if I remember correctly.

FantasticShirt

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2010
Melbourne + Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's the principal - don't make the comment if you don't want to stick to it.

Now he'w made Lyons the sub two weeks in a row, the justification to chamge his stance on particular issues will become easier and easier.

Have to agree. I realise that there's been extenuating circumstances (Lyons came on early last week, there's a late change this week and there's no SANFL games) but it does kinda make you question why he said it in the first place. Oh well, not a huge deal.

May 26, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
good what??
Last thing we need is a coach who doesn't do something because he once in a post-game interview he sort of said he wouldn't do it.

We need a coach who does what he thinks is best for the team each week, regardless of "principles"

Geez, if football. Principles? Please. The principle is win the fricken game. If you think Lyons shouldn't be sub, then argue that, not argue, oh no, Walsh has gone back on his word (if you ignore Lyons played 3 quarters)

We don't need a dumb coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houston

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Luke Brown to have a breakout game and show the run and carry out of D50 that he showed as a junior.

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
We need Tex, Danger & Thommo to have big games if we are any chance of winning today.
I am quietly confident we can get the job done today.
Need to keep our tackle pressure right up for 4 qtrs. And kick straight

Bonkers000

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Any truth to MY rumor that jj has been playing injured all year and is expecting to beat Tom lynch's record today?

May 26, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Sportsbet with eh over/.under of total score of 194.5. It does feel like it could be a shootout, anyone know the conditions of the ground though? Been a bit wet?

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hendo is a big loss with Jaensch and Smith already missing, who the hell will be kicking out from the back half?
Dmack and VB should be the ones, or try Grigg. His leg off half back would be worth trying. Pace is the issue though

Mar 7, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have to agree. I realise that there's been extenuating circumstances (Lyons came on early last week, there's a late change this week and there's no SANFL games) but it does kinda make you question why he said it in the first place. Oh well, not a huge deal.

I don't think he said "I will never do it"

Rather a philosophy against it. Yes I think he actually said philosophy, not my bad pun.

Like you, I can't believe it is really that important of a deal.....

Mar 7, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Last thing we need is a coach who doesn't do something because he once in a post-game interview he sort of said he wouldn't do it.

We need a coach who does what he thinks is best for the team each week, regardless of "principles"

Geez, if football. Principles? Please. The principle is win the fricken game. If you think Lyons shouldn't be sub, then argue that, not argue, oh no, Walsh has gone back on his word (if you ignore Lyons played 3 quarters)

We don't need a dumb coach.
Like when Sando said Matt Crouch was going to be sub even before we were eliminated from final 8 contention, so the decision had been made.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back